All reviewsthe riverwendy wuexcellent locationtea bagshotel roomchinese foodshopping and restaurantswithin easy walking distanceenjoyed our staychinatourli
Reviewed July 28, 2015

We only had one night here, but we were impressed with most of the facilities and service. The rooms were of adequate size, tea and free bottled water , plus good WiFi, clean and well presented. We unfortunately had noisy neighbour's, but I always take my ear plugs when I stay in any hotel.
I used the lobby toilets and they had not been cleaned recently, there was water and toilet paper on the floor, disappointing as the rest of the Hotel was well maintained.
At breakfast we were asked to order from a western menu of toast, eggs pastries, as the breakfast buffet was only Chinese, try some of the food as it is good, although soup, noodles and curries were not my thing in a morning, but I do recommend the steamed bread.

Room Tip: We had room 606, but always check your room before you except it.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2015

Stayed here as part of a Group tour. we ere told they book this hotel for its location. Aircon didnt work on all of level 9, after I phoned reception - someone came in with a ladder - looked around a bit - looked in the vent - then shrugged their shoulders and walked away. Hot water took 15 mins to reach our shower, "Western" style breakfast was dreadful - brown lumps of gell "stuff" in the juice. I wouldnt stay here again

Room Tip: river riews from hotel was its only saving grace
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Todd M
Reviewed June 7, 2015

This was the worst hotel room we experienced on our group tour of China. Although the room was large, there were no non-smoking rooms. The carpet was both dirty and smelly, and the bath enamel was flaky. Lighting in the corridors and room was inadequate, and the décor tired. Bed linen was clean, but the towels were poor quality.
In contrast, the best feature of the hotel was breakfast. This included rolled fresh fruit and yoghurt, rolled oat porridge, fresh croissants and rolls, an egg station and choice of cooked dishes. And the location by the Li river is very pleasant.

Room Tip: Best views on the front
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2015

Attractive location near riverside and so close to walk to bustling shopping mall, restaurants etc. Wi Fi, daily water bottles and fridge in room welcome. Very minimal English spoken by front desk staff despite their numbers. We found the Western brekky buffet well-catered and actually pretty good after seeing other hotel breakfasts offered in China. Room service dinner was only so-so.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2015

I stayed 3 days in the hotel ,good price 170 $ (3 night) single room, without breakfast,the room was calm , comfortable & clean.It equipped with tea & 2 bottles of water every day.
It close to Li river & nearby Bus station ,easy to take Taxi.the stuff member helpful .host, spoke little English.thanks for staff member.

Room Tip: quiet ,high floor
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends