All reviewsthe riverwendy wuexcellent locationtea bagshotel roomchinese foodshopping and restaurantswithin easy walking distanceenjoyed our staychinatourli
Reviewed September 25, 2015

great room view across the river with the locals going round in circles for their early morning swim. Very comfy room Breakfast ok. Only stayed a short time not the best breakfast on tour but still ok.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2015 via mobile

Whilst not the height of luxury, this hotel had everything I needed for my one night stay: a comfortable bed (softer than most I slept in in China), aircon that worked effectively, and a shower with reasonable water pressure. The view from my room, at the rear of the hotel, was not attractive- but I didn't spend much time looking out on it!
The hotel's location is good: near to the river, and a two minute walk from the shops and bars of the pedestrian area.
WiFi was available in the lobby and the breakfast restaurant (I can't remember about the room).
Breakfast was OK, with both Chinese and Western choices available. There was even an omelette station, where your eggs could be cooked to order. Weirdly, the breakfast also included cheesecake...
I enjoyed my stay here, and would choose it again.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2015

Well! We can't rave enough about this place because we got a fantastic suite after we had only booked a standard room. Huge comfy bed (the only soft one we slept on in China), spa bath, beautiful shower, lazy boy lounge suite, 2 toilets, dining area as well as office space with a big screen computer. Even the carpet was clean.
Hey, of course we were happy!
Our room overlooked the river which was very picturesque, especially at night with all the lights. We checked out to go on the Li River Cruise before returning the day after and after my partner said we loved the suite..we got it again! This stay was the highlight of our trip. Breakfast was ok too! Aircon not as cold as we would have liked but still ok.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2015

this hotel already past it's better days:

the good: it's location, literally a couple of minutes from the city centre, bars, restaurants and opposite the Li River; some rooms have an astonishing view of the river and mountains;

the bad: some rooms are worse than others; the breakfast is simple (if not basic); it's service is lazy (and uninterested); there is an always empty lobby bar (you have to request it's service at the lobby); the famnous rooms with a view are also the noisiest ones...

Stayed: August 2015
1  Thank Xueyan D
Reviewed July 28, 2015

On the whole, the room was comfortable and clean, and I was able to get a good night's rest during my entire stay. I stayed 3 nights as part of a group. My room was located at front of the hotel facing the street and river with beautiful views of mountains in the distance which was nice. A room I saw on the opposite side of the hall had no view and was slightly smaller including a smaller bathroom though furnishing/decor was similar. Initially I was concerned about not having a non smoking room, and I did smell a bit of smoke in the hallway when we arrived, but the room did not have a noticeable odor of smoke or anything else for that matter. The television channel selection was highly limited with 1 or 2 English speaking channels. The carpets in the hallway and rooms are worn and dirty so avoid looking too closely. I was not able to get internet access in the room but others in my group were able to do so. I was forced to do my surfing in the lobby which doubles as the mosquito's dining room. Finally, the breakfast buffet was Chinese style, with a decent quality and selection. I especially liked the porridge and Chinese loose leaf tea. Having said that, I came with right frame of mind and expectations having accepted that I wasn't going to have an authentic Western style breakfast with bacon, eggs, juice, decent coffee and pancakes.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends