“To avoid, specially in high season”
Review of Scoozi Bar

Scoozi Bar
Ranked #16 of 328 Restaurants in Guilin
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Cuisines: Pizza, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Scoozibar great time with good friend
Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

We booked a couple of dorm beds, two months in advance, as it was bank holiday in China and a lot of locals were travelling around.
When we arrived there, Cookie (the owner? I think) was a completely mess and didn't have our beds for us. She had already given them to someone else. She only had a bed for one of us.

As we complainted, she offer us to sleep in the coach (in the midle of the bar) or even in a deck chair for free. We were quite annoyed and didn't agree (obviously) so we finally slept in the same bed (90cm width, in a bunk bed).

The bar is located just next to the room and was super loud until late night. This, in addition to the uncomfortable bed for two, made one of my worst nights during that trip.

What annoys me the most, is that when I tried to complain (or made a review in Booking.com) her deffense was that we got a bed for free and agreed with that.

Sorry but NO. We paid for that one small bed, and had to sleep both of us there. Not because we wanted, but because you didn't give us any other choice. And it was bank holiday, every hotel was fully booked.

PLEASE guys, if you are reading this and considering Scoozi for your stay in amazing Guilin, just find somewhere else.

I have been in maaaaany hostels during the last few years, and this is just POORLY managed. Cookie is a DISASTER. Her small daughter is running around all the time, and when I was there she spent the night in the sofa in the bar, which is no place for a kid. Of course, this is none of my business, but it made me feel very sad to see her in that condition.

Reviewed April 1, 2017 via mobile

I love this place and I've been here for less than a day. Beds are super comfortable and remember, we are in China, beds tend to be super hard and this one is viscolatex soft. I had breakfast this morning for 20 rmb and it was very good as well but he most important thing about this place is the people running it. They are very helpful and know everything you need to know, you can book tickets with them and the price doesn't change that much, it's pretty fair. They even call a taxi for you or help you with Chinese language problems. For example there was a guy lost yesterday night and the owner went where he was to pick him up, as I said very nice! The location and the view of the river are also amazing so I'm sure I'll come back here if i decide to go back to Guilin!!!

1  Thank Irene P
Reviewed September 7, 2016

Read a lot of reviews about this place but it didn't live up to expectations. We arrived after 26 hours on a train and the whole place was locked up. Just two other guests who were also locked out. I messaged the owner but my message was ignored. We waited two hours before someone let us in but even then he offered no apology.

The beds were really comfy and the air con was good. The rooms were slightly small and the noise from the bar meant we couldn't sleep before 1am (we were in the dorm closest to the bar)

The bar is hot and smokey, and the drinks are overpriced. The is a darts board but no darts??? And the free welcome drink advertised on the booking website does not exist. Some of the staff don't speak English.

Reviewed August 31, 2016 via mobile

Great hostel! We spent 3 nights here, great price, nice room, very clean. Cookie the owner is very nice and helpful. Great location.

Reviewed August 1, 2016

I stayed here for three nights. The hostel is conveniently located and has a good atmosphere. Vic, one of the guys running the hostel, is a really cool guy and very helpful but is a terrible singer :-)