All reviews walk in closet spacious lobby separate bathtub hotel including tour group breakfast was delicious very nice hotel beds were comfortable main road checking out western dishes enjoyed my stay local attractions foot massage rooms are big pleasant stay noodles
Reviewed September 8, 2018

First they lost the departure card from my passport when checking in - yes I can get another one, but it has my passport number, date of birth etc. on it - not reassuring.
Room was not well prepared, no compendium, a condom left in the drawer of the bedside table, thankfully unopened.

Will not stay here again

Room tip: Try a different hotel
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2018

If you are a tourist - this is not the best location. I recommend you stay downtown closer to the historic district. This hotel is well past its use-by date. The room we were given was horrible - it looked like it had been trashed by a rock band - and it stunk. In fact the entire floor stunk. We were given a new room which was better but it still smelled.

Room tip: Make sure you complain if you don't like your room - it looked like most of them needed repairs and refurbishing.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2018

I think the people giving this hotel low ratings must have been in a completely different part of this hotel than we were...(maybe even a different hotel altogether).

This large, beautiful, new property sits right in the heart of the Arts District of X'ian and adjoins the new pedestrian mall. It's a pleasant 15-20 minute walk to the Wild Goose Pagoda.

The rooms are beautiful, with all the necessary amenities, plenty of space, comfortable beds, free wi-fi and an excellent bathroom (with a laundry line!).

The hotel is piloting a service called "Handy" where they loan you a smartphone which you can use around town. It includes unlimited data and international calls. We couldn't get the data to work well; perhaps tgere are still some bugs to work out, but great concept.

An excellent buffet breakfast is available here, with probably 100 choices of tasty things to eat.

Many nearby restaurants in the shopping malls.

But what truly makes this property stand out is its outstanding staff. Staff like Miss Stacey, Miss Eva, and Mr. Charles, young, vivacious, and speaking impeccable English, beautifully showcase this hotel that's on the cutting edge of the tourist explosion we predict is heading for the incredible city of X'ian.

Not a budget option, but if it's in your price range, you are sure to love this property.

Say hello to the Terra Cotta Warrior guards for us!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay here. It's away from the city centre and old city but that didn't really bother me. The new area that the hotel is located in is pleasant and vibrant with lots going on.

The room was beautiful and the public areas are impressive.

I found the staff very pleasant and helpful (more than any other hotel I've stayed at in China).

My one frustration was poor service in the lounge bar in the lobby area.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

I'd just come from a new 5* hotel costing half this one in another city. Staying at the wyndham was such a let down.

Rooms tired and dates. Breakfast simply awful. They haven't got a clue how to cater for western appetites at breakfast despite the number is western people staying.

Saving grace for me was that my booking had been settled for by a friend in China.

Would not stay here again and certainly would have been miffed if I'd have paid for this stay.

Date of stay: August 2018