All reviews south gate bell tower great location drum tower muslim quarter coffee tea service bottled water replenished daily toilet and shower sewer smell chinese offerings old city decent stay control panel frosted glass tour agency minute walk within walking distance
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Despite mixed reviews, I proceeded with my booking of the hotel. To my pleasant surprise, the room was perfect for a solo traveler. Cosy, clean with an expansive view of the busy boulevard and malls down below. Good price for a centrally located hotel. The old city wall is about 2 minutes walk; the Bell Tower and the Muslim Quarters are about 10-15 minutes walk from the hotel.
I booked my Terracotta group tour with the tour agency at the hotel reception - it was a very last minute decision but turned out to be a wonderful excursion. Friendly and quite accommodating. And I learned a lot from the tour guide, ‘Chelsea’ she asked us to call her.
My flight back was on a Friday night. Getting a taxi turned out to be a nightmare (next time, take the morning flight or leave early). The hotel receptionist and the tour agents helped with my transfer. They sent me to the Xian airport with their own car! Managed to catch my flight in time.
Can’t thank them enough, great hospitality❤️

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights. This hotel is very central on a main shopping street but also near the city wall and one end and drm and bell tower at the other. There are bars etc nearby and there were street performers the night i arrived. The hotel is easy to miss as it looks like a regular shop in a row of shops. I was dreading the room after reading previous reviews, but i got lucky! My room was fantastic with a living room/office area and very comfy bed. Huge bathroom also. Only negative is that it the cleaners clean around things rather than under things! I got breakfast, buffet style plenty of options including french fries!! Internet was good too. Only negative making me pay for a city map.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed September 26, 2018

I picked this hotel not realising how central it was! A lot of the things that I wanted to do (outside of the Terracotta Warriors) were easily walkable. This includes the wall, Muslim quarter and Bell Tower. Would recommend it for that alone. The room itself was fine for one person, check-in was a bit slow.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed September 2, 2018

the location could not be better, so many places walking distance from the hotel - touristic sites, shopping, pubs, but also a kind of hutong area between the hotel and the Xian wall, interesting for an evening walk towards a pub by the wall (locals playing cards under a street lamp and similar :)
the reviews mention different quality levels of the rooms - I obviously had the best version, so no complaints there - good (hquite ard) bed, new bathroom, liked the rope for drying my laundry after a hot day, riding a bike on the wall...
if you wish a richer Chinese breakfast, you need to visit the part of the restaurant for local visitors;
wifi works only occasionaly.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is deceptive. The location is excellent and lobby is good. Problems start when it has to function as a hotel. Many things function haphazardly. Water is not available 24 hours. Phone goes dead. Not recommended.

Date of stay: August 2018