Crowne Plaza Kunming City Centre
Baoshan Hotel(Kunming)
Dazhen Hotel(Kunming)
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
All reviewsclub lounge accessupgraded to a suiteoutdoor poolbalcony doorthe hotel staff membersfull bathroomsihg groupgrowing citybank hotelcheck in processsmall balconyseafood buffetwonderful staylounge staffthe hotel is conveniently locatedhotel is modernstayed here for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel is in the Civic Center with many transportation options. The staff was outstanding. We upgraded to a Club Level Suite. The room was large with a full bathroom and a send bathroom with a wash basin and toilet. There were two televisions. The full breakfast in the main dining room was very good. The Club Lounge Happy Hour was very good and the staff was outstanding. The Club Lounge is very large. A great hotel to stay at for the price.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
BankHotel-Kunming, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Kunming City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear George700East,

Thank you very much for your stay and this wonderful review.

It is indeed our accomplishment to be able to make your stay most memorable. Our perfect location is indeed conveniently located, very happy to hear that our staff and service met your needs and expectations as well.

We definitely looking forward to your return!

Reviewed 21 February 2018

I stay here with my family during the Spring Festival.
The hotel is very friendly to elte members of IHG, I got a call one day before we arrive to ask our requirement and we were very lucky to upgrade to a suite.
The location is good, just located at the downtown, a few minutes of walking will take you to find a local treat.
About ten minutus walking distance to the subway station, and it will take you about one hour to the airport.
The breakfast is around the mid-range, we suggust to have your breakfast out for Kunming has many nice snacks.
Another suggustion is booking the suite if you have enough budget. It has much more spaces and better facilities over the price difference.

Room Tip: Suites are much better than common rooms
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank JarodFu
BankHotel-Kunming, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Kunming City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Dear JarodFu,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review on this site.

It is indeed our accomplishment to be able to make your stay most memorable. Our perfect location is indeed conveniently located and it is such a breeze traveling around must-see attractions. Very happy to hear that our staff and service met your needs and expectations as our loyal IHG member.

Thank you for your trust in us and recommending Crowne Plaza Kunming City Centre to other travelers. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 January 2018

have stayed in this hotel during my business trip and will never do so again. rooms have smell, bed sheets are not really clean. breakfast is nothing special. Heating in the room is not good. Fine dining steak house is nothing special, except expensive.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
BankHotel-Kunming, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Kunming City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Dear 2015_June,

Thank you for your stay and taking time writing such an extensive review on TA.

Your comments are definitely not the way we want our guests to feel as we love to offer memorable experience at Crowne Plaza Kunming City Centre. Complacency is certainly not an option and I shall ensure your constructive feedback is shared with all involved. Please accept our most sincere apology for not living up to your expectations this time.

Any additional comments or whenever you decided travel back, please feel free to contact me at faye.dai@ihg.com, it will be my pleasure to ensure things to be perfected and raised on your next visit.

Hopefully we can regain your trust one day in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

Didn't expect too much after reading the reviews here, and found it wasn't so bad, partly because as an IHG club member there are some member privileges such as room upgrades and late checkout.
Room - superior room was sizeable, clean, good bathroom
Breakfast - poor options but not much choice as there were nothing else outside in nearby vicinity
Gym - decent sized, very clean
Location - average, just at the fringe of the city so it requires a 10-15min walk to the "downtown" or populous streets where food, restaurants and some (limited) shopping is possible.
However, it is about 7mins walk to subway station so it's not so bad, and 5mins to the bus stop that goes to Dianchi lake
Service - is quite friendly and helpful especially concierge
Overall it's very decent for the price.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wennie W
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

I have booked 8 rooms this week for 6 nights at the Crowne Plaza Kunming city center hotel, i booked it for me and my guests because i have spent time at this hotel in other countries and i had good experiences, SADLY this is by far the worst hotel experience i have had in my life.
The reception team dont speak English none of the 6 people working on the front desk! So each time we needed help or something we had to wait alot of time for them to bring someone who speaks 1% English! Rooms are really nice and comfy. I tried ordering room service and i was really hungry but none of the team working there speak English and didnt have a chance to order anything! The menu says that some food is 24 H available so i tried ordering it next day using a translation app to talk to the employees but they said none of this is available except 2 sandwiches.. The really bothering thing is that i asked to exchange some Usd to chinese currency but the hotel says we cant give you because we dont have alot of money which is weird for a 5 star hotel! Its reallyy sad and disappointing experience for me and im regretting booking 8 rooms at the hotel.
I have also asked for a non smoking room as i have allergy from cigarettes but the hotel said you must sleep for one night in the smoking room then we will change it for you next day but when i asked to change it they said we cant change it unless you pay a difference!??
I hope non of the people reading this or planning a visit to Kunming would avoid this hotel.
Only good thing was the supervisor of the reception which was helpful but sadly he is not working all the days

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
BankHotel-Kunming, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Kunming City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Dear Hashem S,
Thank you for your stay with us and taking time to share this detailed feedback, of course I'm regret to read about your experience. I feel terribly sorry that you weren’t satisfied with our service. Please accept my most sincere apology for any inconvenience caused. Certainly not the hospitality we normally offer at Crowne Plaza Kunming City Centre. Rest assured that I shall ensure your feedback as a sharp reminder that complacency has no place at our hotel.
We will definitely investigate with relevant department to see how such situations can happen. Once again, please accept my most sincere apologies that we were unable to offer a memorable experience to you on this occasion.
As we would like to respond further to you personally regarding this matter, if possible, please contact me at my email: faye.dai@ihg.com.
Hope you will give us another chance to change your mind and I certainly look forward to your return.
Warmest,