See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My supplier booked this hotel, which underwent a major renovation. Rooms are beautiful with recessed lighting, good work desk. Nice bathroom, comfortable bed. I bought a 3G card for my iPad so didn't use the hotel connection (no wireless). I was dreading being in Xiaoshan, but this hotel made it worthwhile.

Our host invited us for dinner in the Chinese restaurant, very good food. Breakfast buffet is well stocked, not the best Western fare, but they're trying.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed in this hotel as part of our business trip and as we traveled with 2 teenagers (11 & 13) and the hotel did not have any 2 bedroom apartments available we opted for 2 individual bedrooms, side by side.

The hotel was pretty much on the top scale of our ranking (and we have stayed in hundreds over the years) but I deducted a point due to the located which I will explain later.

There is not much to say. Everything was great including breakfast on the first floor which had a huge range and probably 20% of western food. Didn't bother us if you know what to choose from. Rooms where absolutely quite, FREE WIFI which is a huge bonus for me, friendly and helpful staff with enough English to get me through.

Now to the location.
I thought I'm pretty good in booking rooms and planning our trips ahead and I had hardly ever any problems in the years gone by. But this one got me by surprise. On the map location I thought it would be a 10min ride by taxi to the main tourist locations such as West Lake and the old village. But the traffic is unbelievable. It took as 1 hour each way and while its not expensive it does take 2 hours off your day and you cant really pop into your hotel during the day to freshen up as you spend too much time on the road.
West Lake is a must as is shopping in Hangzhou and luckily we had some local friends which showed us the cheapest shopping spots where no tourists are found. We couldn't find it much cheaper anywhere in China on our trips.

As of the time we visited Hangzhou (07th April 2012), a new Subway is being constructed. It should be finished by the end of the year which i guess should improve the transport situation immensely.

Overall, I would certainly stay again in this hotel if I have any work to do on this side of the town, but otherwise I would opt for a hotel near or around West lake, preferably on the east side of the lake. And keep in mind that West lake is massive as well and there are millions of people.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2012

This hotel is very beautiful and confortable. You can find different kinds of restaurant inside the hotel (grill, caafe, chinese, japanese cuisine) and an excelente massage service - very profissional.
The room is very clean and confortable too. Very nice view.
The breakfast you can find many options of eastern and western food.
Internet Wifi in the lobby and with cable in the room.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Frezaque
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Visited the hotel in december 2011.Dont judge the hotel from the exterior look.It looks old but the inside is warm and welcoming.The staff is also very warm.The single room(for one person) is too small,even for one person.U feel cramped.But then I was upgraded to another room and the room for double is nice,good space.Bathroom ok,well equipped.Not as good as the 5 star branch "New world hotel".But i must say the dinner in the western cafe is really very good.Large variety and very well served and the breakfast is awesome.Much better than the 5star one.Too many varieties.You can easily skip lunch.The hotel is also equipped with a fitness room,though no swimming pool.But tennis table is free ,unlike other hotels.Overall,it was a nice stay and if i had to choose,well i will return back.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank saspire2011
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Centrally located at 20mins drive from Xiaoshan International Airport, close to the textile city of Hangzhou/Shaoxing, this is a very comfortable hotel to live into. Since you are in China do not expect any more English for conversation than the regular Good Mornings and Good Evenings. I was out of luck because the Italian restaurant was under renovation and for the american diner Chef was on leave. However the rooms are very comfortable and if you are on the higher floors you can expect to see the best skyline of Hangzhou.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business