See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 9, 2015 via mobile

Stayes here many times, still the best hotel in Xiaoshan. There is a pizza hut in the building, but also many other restaurants and services in the immidiate surroundings. Its also now well connected to the Hangzhou metro system. I do recommend this hotel for visitors to Xiaoshan, but there are better international hotels in Hangzhou if you do not have to stay particularly in Xiaoshan.

Stayed: March 2015
1  Thank FinnHansen
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights booked by business contact. Long way from West Lake but a nice place. Staff here are really good - English (in some fashion) spoken by many and they will always try to solve the problem. Free wireless room and hotel and connectivity was easy though the room has a card that says you can connect to the wireless network by cable (?). Anyway small point as it all works. Beers were cheap - 25RMB which is always good to see.

Breakfast is pretty comprehensive and there are plenty of restaurants here and western food is available. Biggest let down was the tv which had 40 channels and onl 2 in English - no other language I could find so if French was your go then learn Mandarin! After a day of CNN and Channel News Asia re-runs I was desperate for any soirt of program. Video on demand has stacks of movies (can you believe Kissin Cousins - the King is alive) so that was a blessing.

All in all a good stay though despite that not sure I would stay here again. A lot of construction going on and the pile driver seems to be going a fair part of the day starting early morning. West Lake area has so more to offer after hours.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Peter L
lan y, Manager at New Century Hotel Xiaoshan, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for your stay in New Century Hotel Xiaoshan. We do apologize for having caused you such inconvenience because of poor room sound insulation and tv channels. We improve our hotel facilities every year and the construction of the hotel will be finished as soon as possible. We have installed soundproof windows to reduce noice. And we will update our tv channels gradually. We will consider your advice seriously and look into the problem carefully. Thank you for the comment and we sincerely look forward to your visit again!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 12 nights on business in September 2013. The bed was excellent (Marriott standard), good quality room, wide choice of food of good quality and the staff were very friendly and helpful. There is free wi-fi throughout the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Peter W
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed here 10 years ago. Had reserved non smoking room. For over 30 minutes the bell hop shuffled my bags looking for a non smoking room. Think I got a down grade looking at a blue roof on the 5th floor that was the least stinky. Bed was stiff as usual in China. The shower stalls are the same as before and water leaked out on to the floor. Internet is only wired in the rooms and worked well. Breakfast was average. Location was good.

Room Tip: Stay above the 5th floor or you will have no view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My supplier booked this hotel, which underwent a major renovation. Rooms are beautiful with recessed lighting, good work desk. Nice bathroom, comfortable bed. I bought a 3G card for my iPad so didn't use the hotel connection (no wireless). I was dreading being in Xiaoshan, but this hotel made it worthwhile.

Our host invited us for dinner in the Chinese restaurant, very good food. Breakfast buffet is well stocked, not the best Western fare, but they're trying.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business