“Good food and good price”

Grandma's Home (JinCheng Road)
Ranked #11 of 2,946 Restaurants in Hangzhou
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Very close to the Zhejiang International Hotel and recommended by our daytime guide. Just 10 minutes walking to the music fountain and the laser show, as well as major shops along that street. We were originally given a number to wait and then surprisingly were shown to a table. There is a menu with pictures for non Chinese speaking people but we still needed help so they found a young waiter who spoke some English. Apparently young Chinese are learning English in schools. They needed to convert the bill to English numerals on a calculator but that happens in lots of places. You just have to trust them but it was very cheap. My husband said the local beer was excellent and more like German beer but much cheaper than we pay in New Zealand for a large bottle. The place is clean and full of locals so that is a great recommendation.

Reviewed October 26, 2017

Grandma's Home is now one of my favourite restaurant. I visited this place while staying at the Sheraton Grand Hangzhou Wetland Park Resort in Hangzhou. Grandma’s Home is well known for serving delicious Zhejiang food at a surprisingly reasonable price. Because of this, the restaurants are usually very packed during dining hours and long queues are often seen. We did not have to wait long for our table due to the fact that we had dinner early.

The prices are cheap especially if you eat in groups. We had a number of dishes each one was really lovely. I would not hesitate to say this was the best food I ate while I was travelling in China.I really enjoyed the food and its presentation, the restaurant has a special atmosphere and great place to spend with friends. The staff were friendly as was the service. The food came out quickly and hot. I love this restaurant and will definitely go back if I had another trip to Hangzhou. You will not be disappointed if you eat at Grandma's Home. Grandma’s Home (Hubin Branch is very close to the West Lake)

Reviewed August 16, 2017

You have to expect to wait there for gettig a table. Consider 30 minutes at least. Anyway, you then will get local cuisine on an amazing level. The menu offers a big variety of food, and it is just delicious. So, go and see...

Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

Grandma's Home - who wouldn't want to tuck into the tasty treats of a food loving grandma. I choose this one purely for the name and while the journey of charades to select the food without any Mandarin was a little nerve wracking, the outcome was spectacular.

Tender bamboo shoots, unctuous eggplant, cool cucumbers in a vinegar bath, mushrooms and all manner of veges and a perfect bowl of rice meant that I was cleaning off the plates long after pussy's bow was reached. Beautiful food, take a translator if like me you're a mono linguist.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

My wife and I are very big fans of Grandma's cooking. I myself am not a fan of Chinese cuisine, however Grandma's has managed to capture my tastebuds. This branch was not busy and has a very cosy atmosphere which is inviting. The service was not as good as at the main branch near West Lake, but the food did not leave us disappointed. And the pricing for the menu, I believe is absolutely fair and allows us to explore the menu with freedom without concern for the final bill. Definitely worth a try is the Dongpu pork and the sweet and sour ribs.