See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 16, 2015

I booked this hotel through trip Advisor partner Japanican and prepaid to secure a great price. It is a functional clean hotel that excels in service and most everything they offer for this price point. I liked the close location near the Hiroshima Train Station, close as in a 7 minute walk but in a quiet area and stones throw from the Zoom Zoom Mazda baseball park. My room was very nice, bed very comfortable and on the second day I slept 16 hours so that should tell you something as I had already spent in Tokyo prior and recovered from jet leg so this was just good sleep. I had breakfast on all three days I stayed which was 700Y and worth every penny. There was sausages and scrambled eggs, pastries, fruits, juices, coffee, dry cereals and many Japanese foods - all delicious and I tried everything. I liked having some fish everyday for breakfast - particular as it was smoked just like kippers. I would stay here again without hesitation particular as its 3 minutes to this very frequent trams - and all go by the stop and you can easily pull a suitcase from the train station.

Room Tip: I don't think they have a bad room and som come with a small balcony.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
ベッセルイン広島駅前, 支配人 at Vessel Inn Hiroshima-Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2015

Dear Canadian Boys,
Thank you for the time you have taken to write a review. It is pleasing and motivating us very much. As you mentioned in your review, our hotel is located in the center of Hiroshima city. There are many sightseeing spots within walking distance. For this traffic convenience our guest rooms are not so spacious, but we are always making efforts to maximize the space for our guests’ satisfaction. We are delighted that you had a good sleep and breakfast at our hotel. We provide Simmons beds and our original pillows which can be adjustable to suit guest’ preferences in all rooms. We offer free welcome drinks in the lobby for your relaxing time. And also, you can enjoy a wide variety of buffet-style breakfast such as freshly-baked breads, local foods, and etc. from 6:00am to 9:30am. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area and welcome to our hotel soon.

Warm regards,
Yukio Obashi
Vessel Inn Hiroshima Ekimae

Reviewed October 4, 2014

I love Vessel hotel! My partner and I got it for 5500 yen per night for 2 people, which was an amazing deal. The room was small (of course, it's a budget hotel in Japan), but it was clean and nice, they gave us complimentary face masks, hair treatment, and face cream samples, and we got bicycles for 3 hours free, only 500 yen for longer than 3 hours. The breakfast buffet was delicious, and it's a 10 minute walk from the station. I would definitely stay there again my next trip to Hiroshima.

Room Tip: Reserve way in advance. Jalan net has good prices for them
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
ベッセルイン広島駅前, 支配人 at Vessel Inn Hiroshima-Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2014

Dear Bikkurinabe
Thank you for staying at our hotel, Vessel Inn Hiroshima Ekimae. And also, we appreciate for taking the time to write a review about our services. We are greatly pleased to hear your satisfaction with us. We offer delicious buffet-style breakfast you can choose from a variety of Japanese-style food, freshly-baked breads, good-flavored coffee and etc. For your comfortable stay, we also provide special amenities especially for women at the front desk. We continue to improve our services for our valued guests. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit in the near future.
With warm regards,
Yukio Obashi
Vessel Inn Hiroshima Ekimae

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Stayed here for one night in a twin room. We got the room very cheap on a special offer. We were surprised at how big the room was. It was very clean and everything looked modern and new. Staff were friendly. Location was great, easy to find, only 5 minutes from the station and a reasonable walking distance from other attractions in the area.

I think we were very lucky for the rate we got it at but if you can the rooms are great.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This was my third visit here. I have brought about 20 freinds here over the 2 visits. I wont be back.
We had a room for 3, but we had to stand on one bed to use the sink. We there was no room to put any bags, so we had to put them on the beds, or infront of the door.
We had a swipe key for the room, but my mate missplaced it.
The charged us $12 (1000yen) for loosing it. I have stayed at 6 hotels since this one and have asked them how much it will cost if we loose the swipe key, and all of them said $0 (0yen)
The staff knew i have been there many times, but decided they would rather get 1000 yen than have me bringing more guests to thier hotel. Now worries ther are heaps of really good hotels in Hiroshima!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank FOODANDTRAVELBUG
Reviewed September 17, 2011

We visited Hiroshima for 3 nights and this hotel is in a good location - walking distance to the train station.
I am in a wheelchair and the disabled room is quite small, but was still workable for me The bathroom resembles a cupboard, but the doors slide from both sides which helps.
Where we could we caught trams around Hiroshima, but not all stations are accessible We walked (rolled) quite a lot.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple