“Now i am contradicting myself!”

Vessel Inn Hiroshima-Ekimae
Ranked #24 of 126 Hotels / Ryokan in Hiroshima
Reviewed 15 December 2015

Ok, I have given this Hotel a Bad review before, I stand by my words, however there are some good things about this Hotel. I have also stayed here since my bad review and have also booked again for next trip. Rooms are small, as many are in Japan, however they are clean and modern. I have only had single rooms, or triple room. The triple room was too small, and really is a double with a second bed. It had 2 single beds and a fold out one in front of the sink.
The hotel is very close to the station and the trams. As I said it is clean and pleasant. I still think that they were unreasonable to charge so much for a room key, but if you don't loose it you will be ok.

Room Tip: Don't have more than 2 in a room,
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
ベッセルイン広島駅前, 支配人 at Vessel Inn Hiroshima-Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2016

Dear FOODANDTRAVELBUG,
Thank you very much for staying at Vessel Inn Hiroshima Ekimae and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor again. We are so glad to hear that you found our guest room clean and modern. As our guest rooms are not so large, we are always looking for ways to maximize the space and improve our services. We provide air purifier, multi-charger and Simmons pocket coil mattress in all guest rooms for guest comfort. We are sorry to make you uncomfortable about the charge of room key. However, in case a key is lost, the actual cost of the key is supposed to be charged by our rule. We ask for your kind understanding. We appreciate that you have booked again. Thank you once more, for your review. We will strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests.
Best regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2015

This hotel is a short walk from Hiroshima JR station. The price is reasonable for a business hotel. We found the staff friendly and efficient. We had a comfortable twin bedded room for three nights, which was laid out in an interesting configuration allowing for a modicum of privacy to each individual. It worked well and I liked that touch, because staying there felt more like a short stay in a small studio apartment.
Breakfast was buffet style, a mix of Japanese and some Western dishes, not a big selection but what was there was fresh and tasty.
We didn’t have much interaction with the staff other than checking in or out but they were efficient and friendly.
We’ll stay there again, I think, should we return to Hiroshima.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gringo999
ベッセルイン広島駅前, マネージャー at Vessel Inn Hiroshima-Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2015

Dear Gringo999,
Thank you very much for staying at Vessel Inn Hiroshima Ekimae and posting a nice compliment about our hotel on TripAdvisor. Our hotel is located in the very convenient area near JR Hiroshima Station and many sightseeing spots. Did you visit some sightseeing spots? We are glad to know you had a comfortable stay in the guest room. That guest room has more space between the beds than standard twin rooms. Therefore, guests can relax without caring each other. We serve local food and freshly baked bread for breakfast. We receive good reviews on them from our valued guests. We are delighted that you enjoyed our breakfast. We will continuously endeavor to improve our service. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Best regards,
Ayako Kanetsuna

Reviewed 16 February 2015

I booked this hotel through trip Advisor partner Japanican and prepaid to secure a great price. It is a functional clean hotel that excels in service and most everything they offer for this price point. I liked the close location near the Hiroshima Train Station, close as in a 7 minute walk but in a quiet area and stones throw from the Zoom Zoom Mazda baseball park. My room was very nice, bed very comfortable and on the second day I slept 16 hours so that should tell you something as I had already spent in Tokyo prior and recovered from jet leg so this was just good sleep. I had breakfast on all three days I stayed which was 700Y and worth every penny. There was sausages and scrambled eggs, pastries, fruits, juices, coffee, dry cereals and many Japanese foods - all delicious and I tried everything. I liked having some fish everyday for breakfast - particular as it was smoked just like kippers. I would stay here again without hesitation particular as its 3 minutes to this very frequent trams - and all go by the stop and you can easily pull a suitcase from the train station.

Room Tip: I don't think they have a bad room and som come with a small balcony.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
ベッセルイン広島駅前, 支配人 at Vessel Inn Hiroshima-Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2015

Dear Canadian Boys,
Thank you for the time you have taken to write a review. It is pleasing and motivating us very much. As you mentioned in your review, our hotel is located in the center of Hiroshima city. There are many sightseeing spots within walking distance. For this traffic convenience our guest rooms are not so spacious, but we are always making efforts to maximize the space for our guests’ satisfaction. We are delighted that you had a good sleep and breakfast at our hotel. We provide Simmons beds and our original pillows which can be adjustable to suit guest’ preferences in all rooms. We offer free welcome drinks in the lobby for your relaxing time. And also, you can enjoy a wide variety of buffet-style breakfast such as freshly-baked breads, local foods, and etc. from 6:00am to 9:30am. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area and welcome to our hotel soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 October 2014

I love Vessel hotel! My partner and I got it for 5500 yen per night for 2 people, which was an amazing deal. The room was small (of course, it's a budget hotel in Japan), but it was clean and nice, they gave us complimentary face masks, hair treatment, and face cream samples, and we got bicycles for 3 hours free, only 500 yen for longer than 3 hours. The breakfast buffet was delicious, and it's a 10 minute walk from the station. I would definitely stay there again my next trip to Hiroshima.

Room Tip: Reserve way in advance. Jalan net has good prices for them
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
ベッセルイン広島駅前, 支配人 at Vessel Inn Hiroshima-Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2014

Dear Bikkurinabe
Thank you for staying at our hotel, Vessel Inn Hiroshima Ekimae. And also, we appreciate for taking the time to write a review about our services. We are greatly pleased to hear your satisfaction with us. We offer delicious buffet-style breakfast you can choose from a variety of Japanese-style food, freshly-baked breads, good-flavored coffee and etc. For your comfortable stay, we also provide special amenities especially for women at the front desk. We continue to improve our services for our valued guests. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit in the near future.
With warm regards,

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Stayed here for one night in a twin room. We got the room very cheap on a special offer. We were surprised at how big the room was. It was very clean and everything looked modern and new. Staff were friendly. Location was great, easy to find, only 5 minutes from the station and a reasonable walking distance from other attractions in the area.

I think we were very lucky for the rate we got it at but if you can the rooms are great.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2012

This was my third visit here. I have brought about 20 freinds here over the 2 visits. I wont be back.
We had a room for 3, but we had to stand on one bed to use the sink. We there was no room to put any bags, so we had to put them on the beds, or infront of the door.
We had a swipe key for the room, but my mate missplaced it.
The charged us $12 (1000yen) for loosing it. I have stayed at 6 hotels since this one and have asked them how much it will cost if we loose the swipe key, and all of them said $0 (0yen)
The staff knew i have been there many times, but decided they would rather get 1000 yen than have me bringing more guests to thier hotel. Now worries ther are heaps of really good hotels in Hiroshima!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank FOODANDTRAVELBUG
Reviewed 17 September 2011

We visited Hiroshima for 3 nights and this hotel is in a good location - walking distance to the train station.
I am in a wheelchair and the disabled room is quite small, but was still workable for me The bathroom resembles a cupboard, but the doors slide from both sides which helps.
Where we could we caught trams around Hiroshima, but not all stations are accessible We walked (rolled) quite a lot.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple