“Healthy, nourishing vegetables and protein!”
Review of Biotei

Biotei
Ranked #395 of 15,262 Restaurants in Kyoto
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Reviewed July 1, 2016 via mobile

I went here with my brother for dinner and we had the fixed menu which had four courses and was delicious for only about $13! No, this is not a 100% veggie restaurant, but they have all healthy options and excellent tofu. The atmosphere is very relaxing and it feels like a small hippy joint. The waitress was very friendly and spoke English fairly well. The homemade ume sake was also AMAZING! best sake I have ever had. Try it

Reviewed June 21, 2016 via mobile

Great food, I am a vegetarian and was suffering because of the lack of good options in Kyoto
My boyfriend eats meat but also enjoyed the food
The place is small but makes it cosy
The personal is really friendly and make a big effort to explain in English
The menu is also on English
Don't forget to try the sake with fruits ... Delicious

Reviewed May 6, 2016 via mobile

If you have a chance you must go to this restaurant. The food is really delicious, great quality & as a meat lover I didn't miss the meat one bit!

It's really flavoursome & great value for money. We went for dinner & I even bought some of there homemade biscuits as a snack for the next day which were also delicious :)

Reviewed April 20, 2016

this restaurant is a true find for anyone seeking vegetarian food in kyoto. fresh, interesting and well presented the food is delicious. like many shops in japan you need to look up to find it! circular stairs lead to the restaurant on the second floor. we have been there on more than one ocassion across diferent trips to kyoto and it has always been excellent.

Reviewed April 11, 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend is a vegetarian & I am an omnivore. This restaurant was delicious for both of us. Amazingly friendly and polite staff. Delicious food, I would definitely recommend.