“Fabulous restaurant”

Ranked #365 of 14,317 Restaurants in Kyoto
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

Wow, this place was amazing. One of the best wholesome food restaurants I have ever been to, and I am not kidding. After lots of noodles and sushi in Kyoto, we were looking for something fresh with vegan options, and the salads and tofu and vegatarian food here was AMAZING. There were meat options as well. It is a tiny very cool place, and we were lucky to get a table. I recommend everything on the menu, it was fresh, creative and delicious.

Reviewed November 19, 2017 via mobile

We have visited this small, friendly restaurant on a number of occassions now.
The food is always fresh and interesting, well presented and tasty. My favourite item is the soya bean croquettes.
It is not all vegetarian as we know the term in the west but if you are looking for a veggie based meal you can eat very well here as they have a range of non meat options on the menu. Well worth a visit for lovely food in a comfortable venue. Check the opening times as they are not an open round the clock style of restaurant and note they are upstairs as it is easy to walk past the entrance if you do not know it is up the stairs.

Reviewed November 10, 2017

*Solo Traveller*

I was really happy to find this place after eating a load of junk food during the course of my trip.

You'll almost miss this place if you don't look up. I was quite surprised at how lovely and cosy the restaurant was.
Its very intimate to the point where you can't help but talk to others which is really nice- I've even kept in touch with a fellow solo traveller.

Anyhoo....

The food is amazing and they are quite generous with the portions. The Spring Rolls in particular were everything.

The service was lovely and food was reasonably priced too.

Please do remember to check opening times as they are not open every day.

Please visit if you just want to unwind after doing a lots of touristy bits.

Thanks again Biotei for your lovely service & food.

I will upload pictures a little later.

Reviewed October 15, 2017

Came here for vegetarian dinner. Several veg choices and you can ask for mushroom stock instead of fish stock. Expensive but big serves. Set meal was good value. Don't order the mid vegetables in tofu cream as it comes with everything anyway. Spring rolls and gluten nuggets nice too. Lovely people but note that it is a tiny place so you could have to wait.

Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

I was excited to try this place as I read the good reviews. The food was very good and tasty. The staff was also extremely kind and the waitress spoke English. That being said, it was a bit pricey for what wr got and it was not a vegetarian or vegan restaurant. Yes there are vegan and vegetarian options but strangely enough they cost extra. I think tofu would cost less than chicken or at least as much. We paid Y2180 for 2 lunch menus (with free tap water). I have to say the food was delicious but I expected something more/different.