1,017 results
All reviews imperial palace shuttle bus subway station shuttle service residential area western breakfast buffet rooms are spacious matcha tea quad room lovely hotel teppanyaki restaurant bit out of the way star hotel karasuma oike public transportation stayed here for nights japanese standards
Reviewed June 7, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is very good in almost everything except for the beds, they are not so soft. Rooms are spacious for a standard hotel, we've got a 3 bed suite with garden view. The taxis are overpriced so I recommend to take one by the street. Concierge was kind and helped us to get a reservation in a very good restaurant that was almost impossible to attend.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2017

This hotel is an excellent choice if you want to be close to everything but not on top of it. The hotel provides a free shuttle which runs every 20 mins to the nearest Metro station from where it is a quick and easy 3 stop ride to get into the main railway station. I booked a large room on the top floor; it had 2 large beds, a sitting area and a desk/table. Free wifi was appreciated but the coffee/coffee machine were not good quality.The bathroom was divided into a tub/separate shower/wetroom and a toilet/vanity area. The windows in the bedroom opened a little but were tricky to shut. The carpet is outdated and the decor a little dark but the room was clean, comfortable and spacious. Staff were extremely efficient, very helpful and spoke a high standard of English. The lobby cafe/bar area was attractive but prices were very high; $25 for a glass of bubbly and cappucino $10+ but the hotel does offer guests some vouchers to help towards costs with a minimum spend. There is a Convenience Store just 100m away to stock up on snacks and drinks. Unfortunately I suffered from a bout of food poisoning on my first full day in Kyoto ( not anything I ate at the hotel ) so did not dare to venture in to any of the restaurants; was eating bananas and boiled rice for 4 days.

Room tip: Worth spending a little more to stay in a clean, quiet, spacious place where the staff are super helpful and speak excellent English.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed June 4, 2017 via mobile

To be honest this hotel wasn't my first choice when I planned to visit Kyoto with my family (including my mom who is 80+) as I was looking for a hotel chain with western-typed bathroom (shower separated from bathtub). However this hotel doesn't disappoint me at all. The moment we entered the hotel, we felt very peaceful and comfy. The staff are very polite and good service minded. Room is really spacious with sitting area. Shower and bathtub are also separated so disabled guests can stay here happily. Breakfast is also good but a bit small for buffet restaurant. Another choice of breakfast is Japanese set which is quite good and nice presentation. I think we would come back here again for sure.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2017

The hotel is slightly on the outskirts of Kyoto, near the imperial palace. Service is impeccable , rooms are spacious and perfectly clean. Breakfast in the morning has obviously a large selection of Japanese dishes but a very large selection of continental food. Staff speaks fluently English. The bar is classy and attractive . This is my second stay and I'll be back.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2017 via mobile

The Brighton Hotel in Kyoto is a 10 minute taxi ride from most of the restaurants and night clubs - and because of that it is quite peaceful. The lobby area and the interior courtyard reminded me of Hyatt hotels in the USA. Property is well maintained and the rooms, like most hotel rooms in Japan, were exceptionally clean and orderly. I would definitely stay here again in the future. I don't mind the taxi fares but some might prefer to be closer to the action.

Trip type: Travelled with friends