Overall it was 'ok', but didn't feel like 4-5 stars. This surprised me, since it was ranked extremely high on TripAdvisor's reviews (#4 or #5 at the time I booked it).
- Free wired broadband Internet in the room (no WiFi though)
- Location is at walking distance (~15 minutes) from Gion area, which is nice at night
- Nice city view (at least if you're at a high floor, if your window overlooks in the 'right' direction)
- Room is nothing more than average, definitely doesn't feel like 4-5 stars
- Coffee kit in the room is not complementary (i.e. you have to pay for it)
- I asked for non-smoking room, but the room had an implied odor of past smoking (it was very weak, so I might be wrong on this judgement).
- No WiFi in the room, just slow WiFi in the lobby
- English of some staff members could have been better
- extra charge for breakfastMore
- Free Wifi