Overall it was 'ok', but didn't feel like 4-5 stars. This surprised me, since it was ranked extremely high on TripAdvisor's reviews (#4 or #5 at the time I booked it).
- Free wired broadband Internet in the room (no WiFi though)
- Location is at walking distance (~15 minutes) from Gion area, which is nice at night
- Nice city view (at least if you're at a high floor, if your window overlooks in the 'right' direction)
- Room is nothing more than average, definitely doesn't feel like 4-5 stars
- Coffee kit in the room is not complementary (i.e. you have to pay for it)
- I asked for non-smoking room, but the room had an implied odor of past smoking (it was very weak, so I might be wrong on this judgement).
- No WiFi in the room, just slow WiFi in the lobby
- English of some staff members could have been better
- extra charge for breakfast
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seventeen-story Hotel with impressive lobby of European architecture reminiscent of the 1920s. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Orange Marketing Services, Japan Co., Ltd., Rakuten, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kyoto Hotel Okura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Okura Hotel Kyoto
- Kyoto Okura Hotel