“Matcha heaven! Go for the parfaits!”

Ujicha Gion Tsujiri Gion Honten
Ranked #15 of 668 Dessert in Kyoto
Neighbourhood: Gion
Neighbourhood: Gion
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We went to Tsujiri on a week day evening around 2100 for dessert upstairs. There was a small queue but the staff worked hard to serve people fast and clear the tables.

I tried a dessert and my husband a parfait. Clearly the parfaits were the most popular and most of the ladies around me had them. I chose a dessert but then realised most of it was agar agar noodles which wasn’t my thing. Nevertheless the green tea ice cream and azuki beans as well as mochi were nice though! The parfait was delicious but also very rich.

Worth trying!!!

Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

I came here solo on the weekend. I was lucky to not wait long for a table. However when I came out I saw a massive line with locals waiting. You know this place is good when locals are lining up for it.

You can always buy take away soft serve option on the ground floor. However you want a parfait then you will have to wait.

Great tea and dessert! Yum.

Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

We went here based on TripAdvisor reviews and ratings... however it’s the worst ice cream we ever tried in Japan. I cant even taste The matcha flavor... The price is slightly more expensive than other places selling the same dishes.

Reviewed February 8, 2018

When I went in January, there was no line on the first floor but maybe it was crowded upstairs where they serve dessert?

I purchased some matcha powder here and it is probably the best matcha powder I've ever had. Getting help to find this was a struggle though so if you're looking to purchase some, they are in the front next to the register in small cannisters. The freshness only lasts for 2 months!

1  Thank Tinarrific
Reviewed October 29, 2017

Oct 5
After a great dinner and experience at Teppanya Tavern Tanamonya with the singing chef Hideki, we walked 5 min to Shijo Dori to find the dessert shop for matcha soft serve. On our way to dinner we promised that we would return.
It was the perfect finish for the first day in Kyoto.
My first taste of matcha, I thought it was a bit bitter but creamy. The cone was crisp.
We parked ourselves just in front of the shop and leaned against the metal barrier. We watched the passing parade and felt like kids.