“Must see and great to eat”
Review of Wander Cafe

Wander Cafe
Ranked #1,174 of 13,788 Restaurants in Kyoto
Cuisines: Cafe
Neighbourhood: Western Kyoto
Neighbourhood: Western Kyoto
Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

Small place but offers great pasta and other dishes!

Super friendly service!
Just go and try if you're around the area.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

The food is so nice! You can see collections of Japanese books and comics there! The posters on the wall and decorations are living records of culture and history! Quiet and private space, definitely hidden gem & Value for money!

Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

We went here by chance, and it was a good surprise ! The place is surprising, and very funny.
A lot of stuff everywhere, go upstairs it's worth it !

Reviewed 1 June 2016

The recommendation to eat here came from the staff at Shunkoin temple. The map showed us the attractions to be visited and also places to eat. And for this Wander Cafe, it mentioned to visit the restroom.
We took a bicycle ride from the north gate of Myoshinji Temple and it was only a couple of minutes. The look from outside was not as expected and the interior even more surprising. It was packed with books, toys, stuff, etc. The restroom itself is interesting, I didn't go, since it was on the second floor and that time I was quite tired and not in the mood of going to the toilet. My friend went there and stayed long enough that I knew it somehow interesting to stay.

The food we ordered was Curry. Me, seafood curry, and I think that was the best curry I ate during my stay in Japan. 800 yen for an appetiser (I really forgot what was that), a bowl of seafood curry and rice, and a dessert of yogurt and fruit.

Reviewed 25 December 2015

We came across this modest (from the outside) cafe for lunch prior to visiting the Myoshin-Ji Temple complex. Firstly the name - I think it is called "Wonder" Cafe but it also goes by the name "Wander". The cafe itself is a concentration of toys, robots, games, magazines, and videos from the 60s to present day. No space is left free from organised chaos and food aside, it is easy to pass a lot of time browsing the collections. A visit to the bathroom can take at least 10 minutes if you want to see the full light and sound show - which is recommended even if you don't 'need' to go!
The cafe serves mainly pasta and seafood/rice (depending on the day apparently) and was very good. The staff were also nice enough to make a special meal for a member of our party with a food allergy (once they understood the issue).