Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Wonderful experience

A friend had recommended that I visit Tower Knives, and I am so glad I did - it turned out to be a... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
Emellejay
Melbourne, Australia
Perfect Souvenir & Gift

We were traveling through Japan on our honeymoon and knew we wanted a meaningful souvenir for our... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Sarah B

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Osaka
from US$100.30
from US$351.10
from US$31.90
from US$126.80
More Info
All reviews japanese knives knife shop kitchen knives fluent in english shop offers informed decision knife making shopping experience his knowledge cooking class japan trip for sale closing time tax refund blade sharpening demonstration
Reviewed March 27, 2018

We stopped by here briefly as it was the meeting point for the Eat Osaka Cooking Class. There were some seats inside the store where we could wait.
The knife shop was a destination in itself. Japanese knives are world renowned as being of the highest quality, and Osaka knives are the pinnacle of Japanese craftsmanship. There was a film crew there when we got there. They were filing some promotional material about the knife shop. Once a week a very experienced craftsman comes to the workshop at the knife shop to do his work and we were lucky enough to see him working away.

Reviewed March 19, 2018

A knife from Tower knives was the perfect keepsake from my trip to Osaka. The shop offers a wide variety of styles, sizes and prices. They let you try the knife out and give a great lesson on holding/using the knife properly and caring for it to keep it in good condition.

The staff here is truly exemplary. They take their time with each customer and the owner was super friendly and gave us directions for walking around the area (and then walked us part of the way himself and gave us some highlights of the area). It's definitely worth a trip to this store for a high quality knife - along with some fabulous service.

Reviewed February 27, 2018

A huge collection of different artisanal knives made by japanese knife makers/designers. Prices vary from the hundreds to the thousands depending on material, type of knife and hand finished elements. The employees were all very helpful and there were several English speaking associates to assist with the process. Cutting carrots with their knives were like cutting into soft butter. Definitely worth the visit if you are in the area. They also offer tax refund so bring your passport!

3  Thank Steph K
Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

The best customer service I've experienced anywhere! All staff were super knowledgable and a great selection of knives. My partner is the hobbyist not myself, but after visiting this shop I was blown away particularly by the demonstration of the knives we were interested in. Great quality too I'm even cooking more at home now!

1  Thank bethanykoroneos
Reviewed February 8, 2018 via mobile

Tower was very kind to me and it helped they had great English, I know some Japanese but nothing about knives so I needed some reassurance I was understanding. I’m primarily left handed but ambidextrous -the guy at tower that helped me guided me toward a right handed knife that could be used easily with both hands if needed- as left handed knives are more expensive. I also explained I wanted a 100 percent hand forged knife that was in no way machine made. He showed me that selection and told me which knife he suggested that was hand forged and good for a first Santoku (Santoku means 3 uses or 3 virtues). Of course it was a cherry on top to have 500 yen for a great engraving of my name- the engraver was very skilled . Not to mention their prices include tax- show your passport and they will remove 8 percent tax from your bill.