“Exceptional Pizza and Beer for a non-urban locality”
Review of Z Pi - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Z Pi
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I eat here with friends and family on a regular basis. Part owner Kenny makes the dough daily using his own recipe and takes enough pride in it that he does not allow any other employee make it! Pizza ranges from your usual cheese and pepperoni to “bacon cheeseburger” or olive oil based crab pizzas, and they periodically rotate some of the pizzas off the menu to make room for new styles. The prices accurately reflect what is put in these pizzas, both quality ingredients and time. If you want a $10 pizza, or the same pizza you have had all your life, go to one of the chains. This pizza however is a special treat whose quality can’t be matched by the national brands. The beer selection is unequaled within the area. They make an effort to carry in-state breweries, and prices at the tap are below what you would normally pay for craft beer in nearby Charlotte. Like the Pizza, the beer on tap rotates to offer something new for the locals at all times, though they always maintain a few standards. Z Pi isnt a pool hall joint for cheap Bud Light and cookie cutter pizzas – not that anything is wrong with those establishments, but some occasions deserve something special, which Z Pi provides. This place is a craft beer and gourmet pizza oasis that is a rare among rural towns. The only thing preventing perfection here is that orders can take a while to get out when they get slammed with large parties who didn’t call in advance, which is fairly common. I would give it a 4.5.

In response to the previous review, let me say that I usually have left over slices, and these have never been packaged in saran wrap as the previous complaint claimed. The wait staff has always provided appropriately sized cardboard take-out pizza boxes for my left over portions, and prices are appropriate considering the high quality product served.

1  Thank Aaron D

Reviewed 13 April 2012

Pizza was not what it claimed to be. It was not anywhere near worth the price paid. We ordered two pizza's and with the left over's the waitress wrapped them in saran wrap back to back. When I complained she stated the owners were trying to save money. They had already done that by skimping on the pizza. Will never go back.

3  Thank Chief64
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Good food, great service, and a very good selection of craft beers. Although I don't live in Albermarle, I stop at Z Pi everytime I am in town. I would recommend this place to anyone stopping in Albermarle!

1  Thank David C
Reviewed 19 February 2012

The food was okay, but the place is laid out strange. Tables are very far apart (very) and it kind of gives off an uncomfortable feeling. Only been there once though, I plan on giving it another go. Pizza was the only thing we had. Super friendly owners.

2  Thank AngelaOB
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Went for lunch in this rather new, cavernous restaurant. We were seated promptly and our drink orders were taken right away.The menu is small, mostly sandwiches, pizza, and soups. They also offer a wide selection of beers. After our food order was placed a large group came in and this slowed the service way down. I guess they are not staffed for so many people at once. My only complaint was the slow service. We had the cuban sandwich, it comes with a side salad, soup, or chips and salsa. We chose the salad, it was crisp and very fresh. It was all delicious. The bread tasted fresh baked and the meats, cheese and special mustard made this a great sandwich. Even with the slow service, the staff was friendly and attentive. We will definitely go back to this restraunt.

3  Thank CarolinaTravelerGal