2,727 results
All reviewswarisan cafebukit bintangpetronas towersstar hotelpavilion mallbreakfast buffetpremier roomrotihop on hop off busexcellent hotelrooms are largefree upgrademin walkclub roomnoodlesearly checkrain shower
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Nice big rooms with big comfy beds, very spacious bathroom and great location for all our shopping needs! Buffet was sumptuous and the spread was just to eat/die for! big meeting rooms and great staff services. Just walking distance to Pavilion and Bukit Bintang and Lot 10. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone that wants nice and memorable experience.

Room Tip: ask for a room adjacent to the pool..you'll love it!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Recently took my aged mother to Malaysia for was probably her last overseas trip. Stayed 6 nights and chose the hotel for it's location - close to the monorail and the Pavilion.
It does look sumptuous but in my room there was a knob missing from a drawer, the slide that secures the door wasn't operable and there was a large interesting white blob on the bathroom shutters. Only one of these was attended to despite 2 feedback forms being comleted and handed to reception staff.
On our first night I crossed the foyer passing within a metre of the hotel's General Manager without my prescence being acknowledged. No nod, no slight smile - why would you snub a guest? Definitelye the GM - his pic was in a brochure thoughtfully provided telling us how wonderful their world is.
Far from full occupancy and late check out was only given to one of us. It's important to Australians as most of our return flights are overnighters.
My mother had injured herself elsewhere and we had a doctor attend to ensure a good outcome for her. At checkout the hotel charged for the cost of the local call. Cheapskates.
Yes, there's quite the spread at brekkie but the very best thing about this hotel? The band in the Lanai Bar on the ground floor. They're great!!
Malaysia isn't known for it's service culture but until now I'd never doubted the warmth of it's hospitality.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on an upper floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 3112Barbara
PRManager88, General Manager at Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear 3112Barbara,

Warm greetings from The Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We always look forward to our guests feedback on a daily basis, positive and negative, and rest assured we are constantly taking measures to ensure improvements with regards to maintenance and the quality of our service.
I apologise for your unfortunate experience in your room and the bathroom. We have discussed our shortcomings with the relevant departments responsible and have taken appropriate measures to avoid recurrence.
I also would like to apologise for not acknowledging your presence at that particular time when you were at the hotel foyer.

Please come and visit us again and allow us an opportunity to prove our dedication to our guests.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Best hotel ever i feel like a king ,like a dream...wonderfully ....place is middle of green.in golden tringle.near big shopping mall and famous place of Kuala Lumpur.first hotel is very big,very clean.beds are king big.room are big and very good decorate.swimming pool and jacuzzi is big and clean.price is for this hotel is very cheap.breakfast is super have everything.all all ......you can feel like a king and hotel is your palace.everything is wonderfully but room internet is not so good .lobby is good internet.this hotel for me burj al Arab from Dubai.

Room Tip: No smoking room and double bad room are better
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ahmet K,

Warm greetings from The Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We constantly look forward to our guests’ feedback and comments in order to continuously improve our service standards. May I say that my team and I are very grateful to hear of your good experience in our hotel. We hope that you will find time to visit us again soon.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Me and my wife were on our first trip to Kuala Lumpur. We had booked the Royal Chulan after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. After a 4 hour flight and 1 hour of crisscrossing through metro rails and buses and taxis we arrived at The Royale Chulan.

And man was it Royal? It took our breath away. A luxurious hotel with awesome service is how I will describe this Hotel.There was a huge lobby with waterfalls and a rainforest setting. Check in was super fast and we were escorted to our room by an affable young gentleman. We were surprised to find that our room was upgraded.

The room was gorgeous and super neat. The blanket, balcony, bathroom: everything was immaculate. We were on the 6th floor executive rooms. It was almost that all our tiredness just vanished and we sunk into the supremely comfortable Queen Bed. There were 3 swimming pools and so neat that I could make out every intricate design on the floor of the pool.

The breakfast next day was the best one I ever had. There were more than 100 items to selct from. The variety of juices were 22. Ahaaa what a breakfast it was. Will cherish it always.

I highly recommend this hotel. Stay here for a slice of luxury at affordable rates. I want to thank The Royal Chulan guys for making our stay absolutely fantastic.

Room Tip: Give yourself at least one hour to have the breakfast since it is vast and eat less the night before so that you can at least sample a little bit of all :-)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
PRManager88, General Manager at Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Tanmoy B,

Warm greetings from The Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for your positive feedback and for making us your preferred hotel in Kuala Lumpur during your stay. We are indeed very pleased to hear that you had taken advantage of most of our ‘plus points’ and we hope that you will find time to visit us again soon.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Stayed 5 days end of April 2014, and loved it. Had previously reviewed it in 2012 and was underwhelmed. But this time it seemed to have changed a lot and the staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful. Rooms were still just as good, pool still great, but the place felt more cheerful. Would recommend to anyone. We had a premier room, so at night could turn the air on off and have the door to the balcony open. Much nicer that way. Really glad we went back.

Room Tip: The Premier rooms have balconies so you can have fresh air at night rather than air on.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bernadette F
PRManager88, General Manager at Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear MBKroving,

Warm greetings from The Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for staying at with us for the second time and on behalf of our team, may I say how grateful we are to hear of your positive experience in our hotel and noticed the vast improvement since 2 years ago. We hope you will stay with us again in the near future.