“Great hotel. Perfect Location.”
Review of Hotel YY38

Hotel YY38
Ranked #106 of 337 Kuala Lumpur B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Great hotel. Perfect Location.”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

The hotel is really good given the price. The beds are just right, the mattresses are comfortable and the bathrooms are clean.

The staff is friendly. The hotel is quite secure.

The hotel staff arranged a taxi van (MRV) to the airport for us and didn't charge us extra for it.

Great value for money.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank PawanGupta1388

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
New Zealand
Reviewed 9 January 2012

This hotel offers modern amenities and the room I stayed in had the best shower I've ever experienced in a budget hotel. Strong water pressure and good hot water. However, the toilet seat was cracked. There was mould growing on the bathroom ceiling. The air conditioning unit was noisier than most and the room has no refrigerator or safe.
A comfortable bed, excellent bathroom, modern security systems and very clean rooms outweigh the negatives at this hotel. The rooms are quite big too considering some of the tiny rooms I've stayed in at other hotels around Bukit Bintang. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MurrayRussell
Taiping, Malaysia
Reviewed 20 July 2011

The safety inside the hotel is secure enough. Only for those who have the room key card able to use the lift and can access to own floor.

Besides, the hotel and the room is clean. The bed is so comfortable! My friend and I have interview on the next day, we so scared that the bed is not comfort enough but out of our surprise, it is so comfort until we did not wake up in the midnight!

WIFI also available in this hotel. Basic toilet kits and towel are provided also.

For outside of the hotel, well, that area is a tourist area. Therefore, you will see a lot of tourist. My advice is if you r a female, don't go out alone at night. Not only that area actually, anywhere u live or go, make sure you have accompany.

We so love this hotel and have make a booking with them on August.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank NancyLau2406
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Overall:
Fine place to stay when you're in KL.

Room:
We booked a king size room, bit more expensive but also more spacious. Very fair rates for KL. Room was quite clean, bit basic but with a very nice bed.
It seems they provide daily fresh towels only on request (free of charge).

Location:
Bukit Bintang is a great area to stay when you're in KL. There's easy public transport to the rest of the city, there is very nice food and also great bars. A very lively atmosphere and a safe neighbourhood!

Other:
Friendly staff. Wifi available in the rooms. Free parking is available, but places are limited. No breakfast available.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
birmingham
Reviewed 11 June 2011

We stayed on 3 occasions while travelling Malaysia (each time we had to come back to KL for something) in 2 different rooms. The place basically does what it says on the tin. It's not a basic back packer option but isn't the ritz either. Security is good, The rooms have duvets which is nice. The air con was a lot better in the first room than the second (may just have needed an MOT as they were the same make). The shower was cold on the last visit but on the other 2 was hot, powerful and wonderful. teh bathrooms need a scrub round the bit where the floor meets the wall but are basically clean. The rooms have minimal furniture but hey - you are not staying for months and the bed is comfy which is the most important bit. There's aa TV which we never put on , but this means there is a plug for charging, a small table thing and some sort of shoe stand thing. It's fine. they order taxis but these are expensive and there is a phone in the room which is charged at 'hotel' rates. There is left luggage option free of charge if you are staying there too.

There is no housekeeping service so don't expect your bed to be made daily - that said it's a duvet so it's not hard to do it yourself.

ONE WARNING. They have an 18.00 check in time so if you arrive after this they will let your room go unless you have told them a later time and then be generous because if you arrive after your stipulated time then you may be room less! We had stayed before and had booked a room but then the bus was delayed as a result of a public holiday and traffic. we arrived to be told we were lucky as they almost let the room go and it was only 1830...they also had another booking for a future date so you get very little for loyalty!

Still a good sound option if you are looking in this price range, (usually) good AC, secure and (usually) a good shower. No breakfast but recommend nasi lemak across the road!

x

Room Tip: ask to see the room before you say 'I do'
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank theflyingdr
Reviewed 23 February 2011

I arrived at KL and was looking for a cheap place to stay. I might have gone to any Chinatown budget hotel but I am advised not to do that. this hotel attracted me with it's name. I asked a reception girl to show me a room, firstly they refused but insisting they showed me the room where I eventually stayed. And I must say I am happy with my choice. The room is clean, painted in pink. + good view, I see tall buildings from my window, a good location, wifi, aircon, I always left a ringgit on a bed and the room was clean when I came back late, lovely receptionists;
— too noisy, the doors are thin and I could hear people talking outside, too few tv channels, no soap, but all these minuses are nothing.
I would recommend my friends to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank Simplyman2006
Beijing, China
Reviewed 22 February 2011

This hotel is strategically in the heart of Kuala Lumpur. A great place for shopping
the front desk staff & Clearing staff are very friendly ...& i and my friend are stay in pink colour room is very romance (this hotel has many difference colour like pink , Brown, Orange, Blue &Green colour) i stay this hotel 3 day the staff is very friendly to intro where has the good food & shopping centre we are very enjoy it and The room size are ok but the room are clean compare with other hotel we stay before & the security on this hotel is very good. So we do not known why this hotel has complain say the room not clean & staff not friendly ? i will stay this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends