“Nice hotel in the vicinity of KL Sentral for the budget traveller”
Review of Hotel Summer View

Hotel Summer View
Ranked #62 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Nice hotel in the vicinity of KL Sentral for the budget traveller”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We spent two nights in Summer View from 11th-13th March 2012 and found it to be decent. They charged MYR150 per day incl bfast and also MYR100 as security deposit. The breakfast had decent choices. The location is superb and near to KL Sentral (around 100m). So no need of takinga taxi unless you are carrying luggage. The room was a bit small but manageable. The front desk staff especially the gentleman at night were very courteous

Room Tip: Choose the higher floors
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Pune, India
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I have stayed in this hotel for one night... This hotel is easy access because of near to Sentral... When i reached the hotel i found that they allready prepared my room key this was good... But then they have asked me 100RM for deposit which i dont like as there are some good hotels nearby which dont ask for any deposit... After i reach my room i found that my room was big enough and all the facility was available except refrigerator... AC was very effective... But when i seen bathroom i have got disappointed... It was very small bathroom... Even i have to adjust myself a lot for sitting in toilet... Shower area also was very small... Night was quit well gone as bed was comfortable... In the morning i go to breakfast... Breakfast was sufficient but lag some basic things like omllate which was unfortunately not available and i guess this is the most common breakfast everywhere... Overall stay was fine but you can find more better hotel in same price nearby area...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank siddharthsingh01
Bogor, Indonesia
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I agree with the most of reviewers that this hotel is valuable.

But you have to note, when you check-in this hotel, you will be asked for MYR 30 or USD 50 for room guarantee, although you bring the payment received by Agoda.

I have a bad experience when I stay in this hotel, which the TV remote is gone on the second day after we came back from exploring Genting and KL. We used the TV remote in the first day. So I don't understand why the TV remote is gone. As I understood is: only cleaning service staff can enter my room with the hotel rule, that is to make up my room. I reported it to front office immediately and house keeping staff check to my room, but the TV remote is still gone. The hotel does not have back up unit. So, I asked to the house keeping in order to note that the loossing of TV remote is not my responsibility, because I' not in the room since morning, and don't take my MYR 30.

From this, I learn that we have to be careful although so many good comment for this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Andreas T
nice
Reviewed 7 March 2012

we stayed one night in this hotel which appears to be recent. It's a very good value for money especially in Kuala Lumpur (140 rm per night). The room was clean, quite spacious with a safety box, kettle & coffee & tea. The bathroom is ok, with a shower separated by a shower curtain, a set of shampoo & soap available. The staff is extremely efficient & friendly which is quite rare in Kuala Lumpur (even in so called 5 star hotels). The buffet breakfast is ok with a choice of 10 dishes mostly salty ( sausages, baked beans etc). Also good location close to the railway station. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank oksana50
Nagoya, Japan
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel for three nights. It was not gorgeous but cozy and comfortable. Nice Receptionist provided me a top floor room in which I enjoyed night view. All equipment and free WiFi were working exactly. Staff was cleaning up my room precisely everyday. I felt comfortable to sleep on the bed with nice linen. Situation was also comfortable. It was easy for me to reach to any town from Central station by train and bus. I recommend this hotel to single traveler or one with friends.

・If you need a Plug, you can buy it at Indie shop across from Seven Eleven.
・No smoking area anywhere inside hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 14 December 2011

This budget hotel is located only 5 - 10 minutes walk to KL Sentral station and only less than 5 minutes walk to Monorail station. Reception staffs and security guards are helpful and friendly. The room is in good size and condition with the plus benefit of free WiFi and in-room deposit box.

Not so huge selection of ABF but it was good enough to keep us going in the morning. Only one down point that the restaurant staff didn't pay much attention to the guests.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
11 Thank Fatangel_am
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 December 2011

I stayed one night and found all the staff to be friendly. The room was clean, the bed comfortable and I found the A/C not noisy. Wi Fi worked well.
I enjoyed the breakfast and thought there was a good selection available of cooked food as well as toast and a variety of fruits.

The location though isn't the best, in Brickfields there wasn't that much exactly out your door but you can travel a short distance to where all the madness is.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo