2,549 results
All reviews berjaya times square bukit bintang executive suite imbi monorail station walking distance family room room service living room pleasant stay free upgrade big room higher floor nice pool buffet breakfast shopping centre kl tower twin towers
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I booked this hotel via the air Asia app because it stated that hi speed Internet access is included. During check out I was informed that only wired internet is free of charge in the superior rooms. I finally managed to get 24h wifi access....but the connection was so slow and it kept disconnecting.

I do not understand this misleading policy since more and more people book via tablets and smart phones. They would better offer free wifi and charge for a faster wired option.

The hotel also features a very loud and noisy karaoke disco in the basement, I could feel the base up to the 11th floor. Lobby opens at 12:00 only, so if you book room only there is only the coffee shop.

Location is great. Rooms are dated and cleanliness is so so.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear Marcoronnie,

We would like to thank you for sharing your comments with regards to your recent stay at Furama Bukit Bintang.

The hotel location is certainly one of our hotel strength, which strategically located within the central business district and close to an array of entertainment possibilities.

We have taken note of your comments with regards to internet connection. Our deluxe rooms onwards are equipped with wifi but however all rooms are provided with complimentary internet land cable. As for the lobby, we are opened 24 hours as we provide front desk & concierge service around the clock. You may have probably mistaken the hotel lounge as part of the lobby as it's adjoining to it.

We apologize on the inconvenience caused related to the noise pollution. We will certainly look into it. We are aware of the fact that we are unable to remove your recent experience at our hotel, but we sincerely hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Please do not hesitate to contact my office & I'll be glad to take your reservation personally.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed at this Hotel from 23th December to 27 December 2012 booking an Executive Club room. I was very disappointed with my experience staying there. The rooms were not cleaned very well and mould had accumulated in the bathroom and other parts. I had to complain before it was cleaned properly. The floor lobby areas suffered from a lack of maintenance and for a new hotel the wall paper was torn in several areas. Service was also not of a good standard and should be improved. The eggs were cold at breakfast and the service wanting.

The club lounge was good but again only one person stood out with friendly service. Her name was Feitz and others should emulate her service personality. The Hotel also was a fair walk to the shopping areas with taxis charging exhorbitant rates for short distances constantly complaining of traffic jams.

Room Tip: Higher floors to take in the view
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear irv789,

Greetings from Furama Bukit Bintang!

We are pleased to have you in our care & your positive comments on our dedicated team members especially Ms Fieza - will be our inspiration to keep us on the right track in giving the best possible quality of service.

We take into serious consideration each comment and suggestion and we value your satisfaction and patronage. We have well noted your comment specially regarding the housekeeping & maintenance issues.

Please be assured that necessary measure will be implemented to improve concerned areas. It is always through your constructive feedbacks that we can serve our guests better and make your next visit with us a more enjoyable one.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

The hotel was nice and modern, though it was still under refurbishment when I stayed there in early 2012. Location is great and right next to Times Square. The staff at reception were most professional and we were always greeted with a smile. The rooms are nicely decorated and comfortable. However, there was plaster falling off the ceiling of the bathroom, most likely due to the humidity. Otherwise, overall it was a pleasant stay. Great hotel for the price we paid.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher room as the road traffic can get pretty noisy given its location.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear Ms Sharon N,

Thank you for your continuous support towards Furama Bukit Bintang and for taking your time to share your staying experience. We are glad that you have seen the progress of the hotel since the initial opening.

The hotel location is certainly one of our hotel strengths as it is strategically located in the heart of Malaysia capital city, Kuala Lumpur. Thank you very much for providing us with your positive feedback. We are glad that you had enjoyed your stay and found our staff helpful and very accommodating.

We had shared your comments to our employees and on behalf of our associates we would like to thank you for the recognition as well as the compliments given. On the other hand, I've noted on your comments regarding the plaster ceiling at the room's bathroom and will ensure that corrective measures is taken to rectify it.

Once again, thank you for sharing feedback. We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Furama Bukit Bintang in the near future.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Booked at Furama in Feb 2012

Rooms
- spacious
- clean
- comfortable, felt rested after a day of going around KL

Food, breakfast buffet
- wide array of choices
- lots of fresh fruit
- got my fill, satisfied with the taste

Location
- have to take a short walk from train station

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Dear Keoki-Cervelo,

Thank you for selecting Furama Bukit Bintang as your preferred choice of stay during your recent visit to Kuala Lumpur.

It is certainly delightful to learn that you were happy with your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words and we will certainly continue to strive towards achieving excellence!

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back for another fantastic stay soon!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Had an awesome experience of the Malaysian hospitality at Furama Bukit Bintang, when I went to KL to spend my Christmas holidays with my 8 year old son. The front desk personnel are professional yet warm and helpful, the concierge desk informative and proactive in sharing useful tips, every single member of the staff had a genuine warm smile on his/her face and patiently answered all queries. The room was a pleasant surprise as I received a free upgrade to an Executive Club suite though I had booked a Superior room and this was all thanks to the Malaysian gentlemen at the front desk who checked me in. The rooms are spacious, beds awesomely comfortable and being on the 16th floor provided a bird's eye view of the city and its constant happenings! All in all it was a great experience and one that will make me go back to Furama hotel each and every time I am in KL.

Room Tip: Ask for the top level floors as they provide an amazing view of the city around.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear Ms Shireen,

Thank you for taking the time in posting your valuable comments on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at Furama Bukit Bintang.

We were thrilled to have your whole family during the Christmas break and are pleased to have exceeded your expectation. Your positive comments on our dedicated Team Members will be our inspiration to keep us on the right track in giving the best quality of service, with a smile.

On behalf of the Management and Team Members of Furama Bukit Bintang,we wish you and your family a prosperous New Year 2013, and we hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back to our hotel.

Best wishes,