I booked into the Pacific Regency from March 18-23, 2012. I knew from reviews that it was a little dated and probably wasn't a 5* hotel anymore, if it ever had been. But I didn't expect the problems I ended up having. On my second night, I had a leak in my bathroom ceiling, which was made worse by the fact that all my clothing was in drawers just under where the leak was. I contacted the front desk and they said everything would be taken care of. While the bathroom was cleaned that day, there appeared to have been no work done on the ceiling so though I was dissapointed, I wasn't entirely surprised that the same thing happened the next night. At this point, my clothes were soaked. Again, I phoned the front desk who seemed completely unconcerned that this had happened two nights in a row. And they seemed upset that I insisted they launder all my wet clothes. Unbelieveably, the same thing happened the next night as well. Luckily, I had removed my clothes from the drawers and left the next day. I mentioned the problems when I checked out but they failed to apologize for any inconvenience and certainly made no attempt to compensate me for my troubles.
Others have spoken of the run down state of the hotel. This is certainly true, and it merits at best 3*. Indeed, the pool on the top of the building is the only reason to stay here (although they sell $15 beers.) If the service were improved, I could have put up with the run down state of the hotel and indeed the leak on the first evening as well. But with the very poor service, I would look elsewhere: there are certainly plentry of options to choose from in KL in general and the KLCC area in particular.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel offers 283 suites, stylishly decorated with its trendy yet comforting feel, complete with modern amenities. Special touches in every suite include the roomy ensuite bathroom with separate shower, 40-inch LCD screen television with selected satellite channels, complimentary wireless internet access and stunning views of the Kuala Lumpur skyline. These suites are also great for longer stays in the cities as they come equipped with a kitchenette, complete with crockery and cutlery as well as a lounge area, but are also perfect for short homely stays. When night falls and it’s time to wine and dine, you don’t even have to set foot out of the building. The Pacific Regency Hotel Suites houses one of the most hip, trendy nightspots in the entire city; Luna Bar. Located on the rooftop of the 34th floor, expect an unparalleled 360˚ view of bustling Kuala Lumpur, topped off with great music, a stylish crowd, the rooftop pool and a chill, relaxed ambience. Choose to dine al-fresco, huddle up in dark comfy spots or be seated at any one of the several bars; whatever your choice, look forward to a night you’ll remember. If you’re in the mood for something spicy and tangy, stop off at the 23rd floor and dine at the Soi 23. Expect Northern Thai cuisine, bursting with exotic flavours that will tantalise your taste buds, available for lunch and dinner. If Thai food isn’t your thing, opt for their ala carte menu which offers local and Western delights, all served while you gaze out onto the KL skyline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Pacific Regency Hotel Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Regency Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Regency Kuala Lumpur
- Regency Hotel Kuala Lumpur