“Cute and lovely”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kuala Lumpur
Happy Cat Guesthouse
Reviewed 7 June 2016

Lovely place with a little back open space and nice big iguana.M aybe hard to find when arriving late at night haha Good location
The women's working there were so lovely helping with everything.

I'm allergic to Cat but we got the front room wish was very nice as I left left the window open at night and it did the job !
We had so much luggage moving from Canada to Australia, the owner let us leave our big bags while we went traveling around in Indonesia ! So nice of him, it made our travel so much enjoyable.
Nights are quiet at the hostel, ppl are respectful.

Nothing to do with the place but I found that the travelers spent all their time on the internet not interacting much with one another but this as nothing to do with the place itself .
We will def go back !

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Happy Cat Guesthouse

Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

Last April 2016, I and my office friend went to Kuala Lumpur for 2 days. We were there to took some break in the middle of our routines. Before we did it, we searched few trip application and browsed some hostel based on location (near public transportation), cheap like backpackers' needed, clean, and cozy. We surfed that information from travellers' reviews. Then, we did short-listed and compared each other. Finally, we decided to try Birdnest Guesthouse as our first hostel experienced.

I remembered, when we arrived at Birdnest. It was raining hard and lack information to found this hostel. Luckily, we met a man who had stayed in Kalimantan, Indonesia. He showed us the route to the hostel and taa daa we arrived safely!

We met the receptionist and they're very nice persons. They carried us to the room and showed us the facilities. I just known them that they're volunteers in Birdnest Guesthouse. Yes, I adore with they're service.

Along with our stayed at Birdnest, I felt the cozyness of their room. Also, I like the concept of this hostel. Embedded with my room door, it was bird and it definition which painted boldly. Then, I found "Alice In The Wonderland" painting hanged on inside my room. Pretty Cool, I thought. The facilities inside my room was really acceptable. It was an Air Conditioner with fan, so you could choose what you want to switch on, with good condition. The bed with its particulars like blanket, pillow, and bed cover were comfortable and clean. The two- small tables which placed beside bed were really old and defect. The lamp in our room was not lighter than I thought before. There's just 2 night-lamp without electric-lamp. It made our room were so nebulous and lil bit cranky to pack our stuff to bags in the night.

For the toilet, there's shower with heat and cool water, wastafel with mirror, and water closet. They're in the good condition. So, we're comfy to take a bath and did morning routine. Hihi. Also, Birdnest provided breakfast with 2 choice, toast with cheese or toast with jam. They gave us one porsion of fruits and self-service tea/coffee/syrup.

Overall, for me, Birdnest is one of top-list hostel in KL because located near Pasar Seni MRT Station, closed with Central Market and Petaling Street for shopping and culinary. Also, it's near Go-KL Free Bus route. So we can enjoy the city tour freely.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

Based in Chinatown, Birdnest hotel great for backpackers... Such a chilled out vibe! Cats and iguanas (are in a cage) are also in the hostel! Showers and toilets are together... They aren't the cleanest toilets I've been in! Great location!

Right next to the Pasar Seni LRT station! Where is also a FREE bus called the GOKL bus... Which is just outside the hostel at the bus station directly next to the train station! If you google GOKL free bus, you will get the routes of the buses. They go all over, however you have to get the purple line, to the pavilion and then the green line to the Petronas Towers for example! It is very easy to direct where you want to go and it is free :)

The only thing I would recommend when staying in Birdnest is that you have aircon room! It is extremely hot in Kuala Lumpur and very hard to sleep when you only have fans!! :)

We would stay again :)

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2016 via mobile

We stayed here in KL for two weeks on a budget. The owner Willi went out of his way on many occasions to make sure we were taken care of. He really cares about the people that stay at his hostel and it is a great place to meet other backpackers! There's a few big markets, a bus & train station, and tons of food options around the corner or within 10 min walk, yet quiet at night. Great location!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2016

Nice:
The decoration (feel really good about it, unlike these cold basics concrete places), the wooden floor (give a nice touch), safe, cheap and great location.

Bad:
The wooden floor (noisy), few bathrooms (and even less with wester toilets) and you have to cross the kitchen to get there, hotter than other cheap place to stay, the girl in the office not friendly, no water filter/distributor and the worse mattress I ever seen

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 February 2016

really liked this guest house , it's a lovely place to stay but as i said in the title there are a few things they need to get improved : first of all the toilets, sometimes you really need a mask to get in the stench is too much , floor really delicate , you can hear people walking from your room it's not a big deal but at the night time when would you like just to relax or sleep is a bit annoying for the rest the place is nice with kitchen ,small garden , living room .

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 January 2016

Cool Place, Alot Art, Great friendly People, Relaxed Atmosphere, Cheap Dorms and Single Rooms!
Took care so long for over a week of my luggage and let me stay even the day without sleeping there.
And there is Birdnest one just around the corner with a nice rooftop, where you're free to go! With cool night events.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo