“Great views, good location, brilliant breakfast”

Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #8 of 348 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Stayed here on my honeymoon in October '11. We booked one of the City View rooms but upgraded to the Tower View on arrival. The room was spacious and very nicely furnished. The view was great and did not cost too much extra to upgrade. The beds are very comfy to relax on after the miles of walking we did around KL.

Breakfasts here really have something for everyone with options from all over the globe, indian european. The staff manage the high volumes of guests very well and it seemed to run very efficiently. We also ate at the resturant Gobo which was very nice, I had a huge steak which was cooked just as requested.

The Sky bar is worth a visit even if you cannot book a window booth, but if you can get one booking is worth while. Its an interesting concept but swiming in the bar does feel a little strange with people dressed up for dinner drinking cocktails around you, we stuck to the hot tubs.

The only down point was the waiting for the lifts... but that was only a couple on minutes a day anyway.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nathan R

Reviewed 18 April 2012

This was my second time in KL and choose a high floor "Deluxe Twin Towers Room" at Traders as I wanted my wife to have a full view of Petronas. I too am a huge fan of the twin towers and wanted to sit back and look at the tower at night.

Checkin & Room:
- Lobby was good enough but could have been elaborate.
- Checkin was a breeze once we reached the checkin-staff but had to wait at the queue.
- Rooms were very nicely laid and the view of Petronas was awesome.
- Check out pics of room for details.
- Free Wi-Fi, LAN cable & enough stuff to setup your small office and get started with work.
- Iron box & Ironing table, hair dryer.

Restaurant:
- We both wanted to taste local cuisines hence neither dined at the hotel nor checked the Sky Bar.

Concierge:
- Very informative and helpful. Gave us directions to Jalan Alor and offered us umbrellas since it was raining in the evenings during our stay. Checked the umbrellas before handing over, thereby replacing a defective one (Good Job!).
- Helped with multiple options to tour the city as well as with airline info
- Executive cabs are readily available at hotel.

Staff:
- On their toes!
- Helpful and pleasant. Couldn't find any faults.
- Prompt in follow ups & calling back (I had missed my cellphone charger and they reverted as promised after checking with housekeeping)

Experience:
- I am a satisfied guest and wont mind staying again at all for the love of the twin towers, overall experience and for the location of the hotel.

Surprises:
- Buggy to twin towers!

Tip:
- Hop-On, Hop-Off service is at 2 mins walking distance towards Petronas outside Royal Mandarin Hotel.
- Food court on the upper levels of KLCC Suria/ Petronas Towers Mall serves decent local food.
- Jalan Alor is a 20 mins walk from hotel through the famous Bukit Bintang walk & Pavallion.
- KLCC Metro station is a 10 mins walk (You can take the train to almost anywhere in KL).
- Executive cab to KL Sentral to take KLIA Express costs approx RM 33.
- Cab from LCCT - Traders is coupon based and was RM 74 or RM 78 approx.
- Touts can be seen near Royal Mandarin Hotel near Petronas trying to sell iPhones etc.

Room Tip: Petronas facing rooms at higher floors are fabulous.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BizLisTrotter
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed for 3 days in March, in a Twin Towers room and had access to the club room facilities. I would recommend the hotel to anyone staying in KL, it was the best club facilities I have ever experienced Breakfast, Afternoon Tea and Evening Drinks.

When we arrived we were ushered up to the club lounge to check in and immediately the staff asked after our journey if we would like a coffee or a tea and served it to us with scones. Dian was amazing her knowledge of the city and shopping tips.

We went to GoBos Upstairs restaurant twice during our stay, the food was awesome and Melvin, Ari and the rest of the staff were so accommodating and friendly.

Thanks for a great stay, Traders.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Annie5033
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Stayed here as a treat at the end of a budget holiday in Sri Lanka. First impressions were mixed-our luggage was taken by the doorman while we proceeded in the the lift to reception. Rather strange that reception was not on the ground floor. The reception area was smallish and rather darkly decorated in brown tones..to our eyes a little dated.
The receptionist was not exactly welcoming at first, it was up to ask to "break the ice" and then she was pleasant and chatty. Our checkout experience was the opposite..the male staff member was cheery and very efficient.
On opening the door to our room 1621 (we booked a deluxe twin tower view), the first thing we noticed was a ridge in the carpet, not what you expect in a 5 star hotel.
The second thing was the most magnificent view of the Petronas Towers! Just magic!
We were hanging out for a cup of tea and went searching for the non existant kettle. Housekeeping brought a replacement fairly quickly.
The room itself was adequately sized- wiyh twin beds a writing desk, flat screen tv, small couch, chair, bar fridge and safe in the cupboard with slippers and gowns. Beds were very comfortable with quality sheets and pillows, and in the good sized bathroom, fluffy towels, and the usual toiletries. The shower was excellent.
Our luggage took a long 45 mins to arrive. We were both desperate for a shower and change of clothes!
We didnt use the pool , and as another reviewer has said, it was virtually in the middle of a bar, which made us feel too uncomfortable to use it.
Breakfast which was included in the rates was really good with a wide range of Asian and Western style foods.Even the cappucinos were pretty decent! Staff were very friendly and at times we felt like they were trying too hard to be so.
Would I stay here again? Definitely for the Towers view..that cant be beaten.. but next time will probably stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Great hotel, perfect location, perfect staff.

There is a great view of the towers and the park from the hotel, the hotel has a shuttle service to Suria as well which was great time saving.

The club rooms were great, I am sure we saved more on food and drinks than the extra we paid for the club room so it was really worth it, really nice to pop up to the lounge for a coffee and a scone in the afternoon and drinks in the evening.

We had a late flight out and they gave us a late check out until 4 but we were able to use the business lounge until 7.30 pm when we left and enjoyed happy hour with free nibbles and drinks which was just perfect, it meant not having to go out for dinner before we flew home.

Beds were great and the rooms quite large with amazing views.

All in all a great hotel in a great location, would definitely return to this hotel when in KL.

Room Tip: Get a club room, it is well worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank TheGriswaldsAdelaide
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I've stayed at this hotel a few times now and it's really worthwhile. There are plenty of other hotels in KL for a lower price but I think Traders is worth spoiling yourself with. Sky bar is a great place to check out the views. Rooms are beautiful,clean and spacious bathrooms. Worthwhile getting traders club rooms for the included afternoon tea, breakfast and cocktail hour. Huge selection at the buffet breakfast! Executive suits give you plenty of extra room if you plan on staying a few days and like some more space.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HRL74
Reviewed 17 April 2012

This is a lovely property with an amazing staff. Rooms are spacious, and mine had a tantalizing views of the park and Patronas towers. Location could not be better if you desire to stay in the heart of the city and near KLCC. What made this the best hotel I have ever stayed in, was the unmatched staff. At the end of the day, a descent room at a five-star hotel is expected to be comfortable, clean, etc. That it was. However, what took this hotel to a whole new level was the attentiveness of the staff. Upon arrival, I experienced a medical emergency, due to a sport injury, which required me to obtain assistance even as I got out of the taxi upon arrival at the hotel. Hotel staff, including a duty manager, immediately took notice of my physical issue, and rolled out a proverbial red carpet. I mean, they attended to every need. They made my check-in easy, all done after I got to my room. The General manager of the hotel, and another assistant manager, stopped by my room to ensure that I was ok and made arrangements for additional needs. Another manager ensured that other staff members assisted me, even in getting my laptop out of my bag and setting it up on the desk, as I had difficulties bending and lifting due to my injury. The next day, a duty manager called to make sure that I was ok and asked if there is anything else the hotel can do. Seriously, I have stayed all over the world, and in some of the most prestigious properties, but the Traders KL got them all beat. This is what it is all about, putting people first. Thank you, and I could never repay your kindness to me during my brief stay. Keep it up! A special thanks to the General Manager, and all above is undoubtedly a result of good leadership. Other staff members, including Maxine, Kim, Max, Jon (and others), a BIG thank you for your unmatched professionalism.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business