“One of the better sushi places for omakase in KL”
Review of Sushi Oribe

Sushi Oribe
Ranked #68 of 4,976 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Our experience was a lot better this time around rather than the last round as we got ourselves the counter seats right in front of Ori-san.

We had the Oribe Set (RM380) for dinner and had everything straight from the chef. Love the freshness of the sushi and sashimi!! In terms of value for money, the ala carte items are not quite worth it. For those who wants good stuff but tight on budget, consider going for lunch instead, it basically the same thing but slightly cheaper.

You have to book in advance - we had to book a week in advance as they are always full...

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

My favourite sushi bar in KL!
Been there a few times and loved each one. Cheers to Oribe-san and keep up the good work!

Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

I brought an overseas friend here and we were a little regretful that we had to come so early for dinner. 6pm! But it turned out to be WONDERFUL!
For the first hour, we had the affable and gracious Chef Ori to ourselves.
Oribe did not disappoint. The entire meal was like a buildup of symphony of harmonious flavours, a true delight and entertainment of our visual and taste.
We were treated to a collection of special ingredients only available during this spring season.
Food is excellent, service is superb and Chef Ori was at his usual best.
Oh, and I should want to have a heart attack, THAT is what I want to eat to induce it. ;) a concoction of Uni, salmon roe, fatty tuna, tiny shrimps AND alien looking sake marinated Firefly Squid.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

If you want to have the omakase, you should make a reservation. We had Iga set (8pieces for 188rm). The fish, scallop, uni and prawn were fresh. Although, some sushi were too bland for me but there was a dish I like - a mix bowl of negitoro, ikura, small shrimp and uni on top. The service was good. I would return here.

Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

Visited sushi oribe with my group of girlfriends. Ambience was really nice and cosy.

Sushi and sashimi was really fresh. Not so much into their cooked food.