“Hits close to home....”

Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Manila, Philippines
“Hits close to home....”
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I first discovered Recipes in Alabang Town Center more than 6 years ago when my friend and I were looking for a new place to have lunch. It was such a pleasant surprise because we did not expect to find a restaurant that serves Filipino comfort food - with a slight twist. When I moved to Makati, I found that there's a Recipes branch in Greenbelt - a block from where I live. Try their mega favorites: Generals Chicken, Gising Gising and Tilapia. Never fails to provide comfort....

• Visited January 2012

• Korean first
Manila, Philippines
“comfort food - filipino style”
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I have been going to recipes and have been coming back for quite some time now. Every time i would crave filipino comfort food, this is one resto that always comes to mind. A few of my favorites are their crispy tilapia, gising gising and general's chicken. Their servings are hefty and quite reasonable for the price. Only problem is every time i would feel like eating at recipes (in trinoma) it would always be packed. Hope they get a more spacious place so there will be more tables to accommodate guests.

• Visited February 2011
Cebu Island, Philippines
“They offer the best comfort food!!!”
Reviewed 24 January 2012

My son likes to come to this place. We enjoyed the gising-gising which was quite spicy and the crispy bangus. Do try the lechon kawali...it is good.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank JAndrews10
Quezon City, Philippines
“Best value!”
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We've been to many branches of Recipes and on Dec. 30, we tried their latest at Solenad 2 in the bustling city of Sta. Rosa, Laguna. This branch is small, like most Recipes restaurants. It had sitting for at most 30. The menu is limitede but carries most of the restaurant's bestsellers. We had General's Chicken, kare-kare, Gising-gising, Braised beef. My dad had the aparagus soup. The asparagus soup was a let-down. It was a little bland. However, the General's chicken was crispy and the sweet-spicy sauce was just perfect. The gising-gising (chopped beans in coconut milk) was good with just the right touch of chili The kare-kare was very tender and the vegetables crisp. The braised beef was sweet and flavorful. For a part of 10, we only spent aro0und P250 per person, including drinks and taxes. What a bargain! That is why this is one of our favorite restaurants.

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank Dr_Bingcarlos
Makati, Philippines
“never fails”
Reviewed 26 December 2011

simple straight forward restaurant - serves good Pinoy food with a slightly different take than usual. foreigner friends always enjoy when i bring them along. easy on the pocket too.

1 Thank hik19