“Excellent breakfast buffet”

Market Cafe
Ranked #7 of 967 Restaurants in Manila
Cuisines: Asian, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A 24-hour, all-day dining restaurant with an international buffet.
Quezon City
“Excellent breakfast buffet”
Reviewed 11 December 2011

What a way to start your day with breakfast at Market Cafe. They serve Chinese, Korean, Filipino, Japanese, Indian and Western cuisines. I had to be selective because there was simply a wide array of food to choose from. I had waffles, pancakes, congee, mango yogurt, steamed sea bass, papaya, watermelon, ripe mango, hashbrown, just to name a few.

I highly recommend this place.

• Visited December 2011
4 Thank bunko007

• Korean first
manila
“never disappointing”
Reviewed 10 November 2011

had the lunch buffet in Shangri-l boracay last week (a dull experience) and had to think about Market Cafe which i frequent now&then and i realized Market Cafe is actually 10 times better for the same price, citing originality and freshness of the buffet, its display and taste. Less is more. Congrats to the innovative team of Market Cafe, keep on surprising us!

• Visited November 2011
4 Thank ecoboyManila
Melbourne, Australia
“One of the best lunches I've had in years!”
Reviewed 30 June 2011

I'm not really a big fan of interactive buffets because I always know what I want to eat anyway and so suggestions from the chefs aren't really necessary. But one afternoon I found myself in a business meeting at the Hyatt and someone suggested we do it over lunch at the Market Cafe. I was glad we did!

The food looked scrumptious, and it didn't look as if the food have been reheated several times already. The Japanese section is probably my favourite. You can get as many prawn tempura as you like and they only make them upon request so they're not sitting there getting soggy. Also tried the other sections. Indian was good, roast was good, Chinese I didn't bother with because they look pretty regular to me.

Drinks and desserts galore for everyone. I must have had four helpings of dessert and bottles of San Miguel beer. It was fantastic for the price, the dining room was light and spacious and the staff very accommodating. Certainly would love to go back there again!

• Visited February 2011
4 Thank wltrrbls
Male
“It never fails”
Reviewed 7 March 2009

I've dined in this restaurant several times, and there's always something new that excites me. Its a show-kitchen so there's interaction with the chefs, it's nice that they are able to recommend something new everytime. There are international sections, Chinise, Japanese, Western and there's always something for every taste. The salads, oysters and the sushi are always fresh. The desserts are fantastic also, the cakes are moist, the ice-cream home-made, there's crepe served a-la-minute all the time.

Best bit: San Miguel beer is free-flowing and part of the buffet!

3 Thank stassja
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 4,129 helpful votes
“Outstanding buffet with unlimited drinks included”
Reviewed 19 May 2008

My friend and me adjudged this to be the best evening buffet offered by any hotel in Manila, which says a lot given the importance of this style of dining in the Philippines.

Upon entering the decor struck me as a bit minimalist: not my favourite.

However I obtained an included San Miguel beer from the help-yourself fridge and the two of us toured the foods on offer.

You would have to be incredibly picky or a sufferer of every type of food allergy known to man not to find something you liked - whether international (French, Japanese, Italian or Chinese) or native (Filipino) cuisine.

I concentrated on the seafood initially: the large prawns were delicious.

Later on I had a small piece of scrumptious Australian-origin beef: cooked beautifully.

The all-inclusive beers and soft drinks worked a treat but I did not observe diners taking one after the other: good manners seemed to prevail. Iced water (as expected) was constantly available and regular top-ups were made by the unobtrusive waiters.

The place was not full on this Monday night but there were a respectable number of diners present.

Including the goods and services tax and service fee, the bill for two was about P1400 which while by no means the cheapest in Manila represented good value given the range and quality of food available.

A first class dining experience, and one eminently suitable to entertain that special person, or business associate.

6 Thank Victorianlad