All reviews my kitchen by chef chris nice pool swimming pool deluxe room robinson's place robinsons mall metro manila panizza philippines taxis receptionist thumbs lrt ermita
Reviewed December 1, 2017

Filthy room, left dirty black footprints on the white tile bathroom floor, nice front desk staff, no hot water in shower, not even luke warm, had to hunt someone down for a drink by the pool, only had one because couldn't find anyone for a second. Unsafe area after 9pm. Will not be back, there are many more choices in the area.

Room Tip: Our room was fairly quiet on the north side of building. Poolside rooms must be quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dave J
Reviewed November 21, 2017

While the room was spacious, most of the facilities were old (air conditioner, shower and toilet). Also, there is no elevator. It also seems like the walls are not thick enough because we can hear the conversation of the people in the room beside ours.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank gjmbc
Reviewed November 17, 2017 via mobile

The staff here is very nice and quite helpful. Leza or Jeza (?) at the front desk not only helped me figure out how to get to Angeles City, but then typed out and printed the instructions for me. Outstanding Five Star work!!! The room is decent and clean. The hotel is well kept.

The reason for the four star rating is that in Trip Advisor, it shows free breakfast. But when you go to the booking site, if it does not actually say breakfast included, then it’s not included. Unfortunately, it does not actually tell you this. Generally, not a big deal. But in this case, breakfast at the hotel costs triple what other places cost. $24 for yogurt with granola, one omelette and four coffees. That’s more than the room cost for the night!!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JerryT127
Reviewed November 15, 2017

We checked in yesterday November 15, 2017

1. The receptionist was not accommodating, very rude. I wasn't able to get her name because she has no name plate at all.

2.The room is dirty, the bed seems like someone already used it it has a hair strands and also it's uncomfortable. The throw pillow is inflexible. It has a dirty windows.

3. The bar is not advisable because everything has a charge and it was not a friendly price haha, even when I called on the service team the girl who picked up the phone was so unethical I think you have to undergo a lot of training to be fitted in your job.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank donnabondoc24
Reviewed November 13, 2017 via mobile

It's quite easy to find, there's only one green splodge on the map around there. It overlooks a major cemetery in Paco Park. I was there over All Souls day, it was very crowded but little trouble , unlike other similar places on that day . It is a long 15 minutes walk to Robinson's Place, crossing 3 major roads including the split road near the hotel which is potentially lethal. If you afford to go by taxi , I recommend it to avoid the dangerous roads.
Surrounding the hotel, there are a few poor people sleeping on the streets , but I had no problems.
The first major problem not mentioned by your travel agency is that the hotel requires 2000pesos "deposit" . I find this disgraceful in a "boutique" hotel , a big insult just to potentially save a few pesos.
The restaurant is probably impressive to Filipinos, great ingredients from Italy, but, come on, almost 800p for a thin pizza ? But it was just a regular Italian restaurant to me, a European. It did not warrant double the price of other italian restaurants. It was a good pizza , just very very overpriced.
The room overlooked the Paco park and with limited traffic . Then it started, it has been mentioned by other posters, a scuttling noise just over my bed from the hotel resident rodent. There was even some straw hanging down. Maybe they gave me the room deliberately because I was on a cheap "mystery 3 star hotel" offer, I don't know.
I looked around for holes in the woodwork where the rat could come into the room , but it was secure, phew ! The room looked good, a tiny bit dated but good. It had a triangular shape . I was on the 3rd floor (floor 2 to Europeans), there was no lift , just steep wide wooden stairs.
You get 20% discount on restaurant meals as a hotel resident. But still too expensive, if you avail the burgers etc, you must eat around the pool area. There is a free local newspaper to your room each morning.
I mentioned the rat to reception, but you get the typical "bahala na" Filipino attitude, can't do anything ! Despite the growing poor reputation !
I liked the location but I think I would choose a different hotel for another visit.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo