All reviews binondo church lucky chinatown mall eng bee tin front desk san lorenzo chinese new year siomai executive room nice hotel welcome drink definitely stay here again buffet breakfast internet connection checking in divisoria edgar traffic
Reviewed July 19, 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for one night. The room I was given clearly hadn't been used in a long time (dust etc.). Also the fitting and general layout were strange, for example the phone was over the other side of the room, not beside the bed. So when they called me in the morning, waking me up, I needed to go across the room.

I think they were at full capacity and put me into a spare room.

The staff were useless. Clearly not well trained and couldn't get basic things right. It took one of them 20 minutes to get the Fred card machine running.

Lastly the lunch buffet was terrible.

Overall if this was a cheap budget hotel I'd say its fine, but they are selling it based on a Ramada price and quality. Its not.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark D
Reviewed July 19, 2016 via mobile

Great hotel hotel. Rooms are very clean and spacious. It is located near Chinatown so there are many shops to visit nearby.Breakfast is excellent.They have free shuttle that takes you to mall of Asia. It is good to take advantage of that trip if you have time.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed July 15, 2016 via mobile

We stayed in Ramada hotel from 9 July to 11 July 2016.

We booked a 1-bedroom suite - Room 1106.

ROOM

We were happy with the spacious room. However, when it started raining, there was also a leaking roof by the work desk area.

We asked for an alternative room to transfer and the staff said there was an available room. We were keen to transfer but we did not want to release room until we know where we were supposed to transfer to! When we requested to view it, the staff said that we could not view it because it was not available yet! What a contradiction and it was already past 4pm (past the cleaning time/checkout of other guests!).

We had no choice but to stay at the room assigned at Room 1106. Then we noticed this odd wooden structure on the floor (see attached photo) which we found to be dangerous especially for children (we have our two year old son with us).

The toilet rubber mat was obviously not cleaned properly as we still could see the molds!

OVERALL SERVICE

When we had our first breakfast, the restaurant staff was not helpful and could not even be bothered to give us a properly cleaned table. Upon seeing that we had our toddler son with us, and we asked for a high-chair -- we were told that they only had two high chairs and were already being used by another family. Of course the staff was not very helpful and could not even be bothered to provide an alternative (could have tried to be helpful not dismissive!)

By the way, our family once stayed in Ramada two years back when it just opened. and we also had a bad experience then -- a wooden panel off the wall just across the main door collapsed on me. The hotel team were incapable to handle such situation. We had to force the hotel team to bring me to the nearby hospital! They did not even bother to ask me after our stay and I have to follow up the result of my X-ray and checkup. Regardless whether the guest had insurance or did not have major injury but the hotel should have been attentive about it!

Even then the service was disappointing to infuriating, we shouldn't have gone back.
We should have learned our lesson and have reported the first incident in TripAdvisor even then!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank itsmepolar
Reviewed July 12, 2016 via mobile

It was a pleasant experience staying with Ramada Central in Manila. I like the surrounding because it's what Phillipines is all about.
Enjoyed the walk about the place, but do practice street wisdom and care. You can be seen the real lifestyle of her people. loved it!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aarontham
Reviewed July 12, 2016

The main things I need in a hotel in Asia is a comfy bed, good air con and shower and bathroom, things like free bottles of water and coffee are a bonus, and this place had all that, so I was happy.
Reception staff were always in a good mood at the front desk, front door, and at breakfast. They were enthusiastic and genuinely willing to help guests with everything possible.

The best part of my stay was organising taxis to and from places around Manila. I'd heard the Grab taxi / car app was the safest and cheapest way to get around the city, but my phone wasn't accepting the app, so I called up the hotel reception every time I wanted a taxi and they were more than happy to book one for me and give me the number plate of the car or taxi that was picking me up. Without this, I would've been lost in Manila, pure and simple, and I would've had to deal with taxi drivers that may or may not have tried to rip me off, so I have to give the hotel staff a lot of praise for that.

They even offered me a Grab taxi to and from the airport at 330 to 350 PHP each way, which was very handy.
Free wifi was very useful when I needed it, and it was fast from my room.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo