The Bayleaf Intramuros
US$146
US$128
US$117
US$107
City Garden Suites(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$35
Hotels.com
US$48
US$42
Ramada Manila Central(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$64
Hotel H2O(Manila)
US$80
US$67
The Oasis Paco Park Hotel(Manila)(Great Value!)
US$38
US$25
  • Restaurant
1,604 results
All reviewsrooftop barspoons restaurantchurrosbay leafinside intramuroswithin the wallsthe penthousewalled citydegree viewmanila skylinetop floormodern hotelrizal parknational museumegg stationbreakfast buffetsuperior room
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stayed at the Bayleaf for a total of 15 nights in April 2012. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience and all of our requests were always met promptly and politely.

The location of the hotel was ideal set amongst the famous walls of Intramuros and a beautiful golf course nearby. It was incredibly easy to get to a variety of locations in Metro Manila with SM City Mall being a short walk away and Robinsons Place just a 5 minute cab ride for just around 70PHP. Ordering a taxi at reception was extremely easy and for security reasons all vehicles entering and leaving the hotel are recorded which made us feel very safe. Being so close to shopping malls and restaurants meant that we were always entertained with a fabulous seafood restaurant (Harbour View Restaurant) round the corner. There are also many tourist attractions nearby such as Ocean Park and Rizal Park.

We stayed in the Purple Deluxe room on the 8th floor which very luxurious and modern. The bed was extremely comfortable and room service was prompt therefore our room was immaculate. The bathroom had a walk in shower with both a rain shower and a normal which was brilliant and was very spacious

The staff at the hotel are extremely friendly and excellent at their jobs providing a high level of customer service which made us feel very at home. In particular John, Jo and Michelle who were always on hand to help and greet us as well as giving us great advice on where to go within the city. As well as receiving a great service we feel that we have made some new friends and for that reason we will always stay again at The Bayleaf Hotel and can't wait to return.

The Skydeck offered a great tapas and cocktail selection as well as themed buffet evenings with live music entertainment. It was the perfect place to dine each evening and very reasonably priced. The breakfast buffet offered both traditional and continental food allowing us to experience Filipino cuisine. The 9Spoons restaurant offered a variety of world foods including Italian, Spanish, English and Filipino and would easily accommodate room service requests.

There is one thing about this hotel that sets it miles apart from the other hotels in the area and that is the view. From the Skydeck you experience the most amazing views of Manila with Manila Bay, Makati City and major city landmarks creating a breath-taking picturesque skyline, which at night is even more beautiful.

The atmosphere in the hotel is very relaxed and accommodating perfect for couples and family alike.

We would definitely recommend this hotel and will be returning in the very near future.

Natalie & James (from London)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Nat_and_Jay
Reviewed May 30, 2012

It was our first visit to Philippines, we just book this hotel online in a short manner. After booking we found that it was in very nice place. All urgent places not far from hotel. So you can walk round and visit Manilla well known places.
The rooms are clear and furnitured well. Free Wi-Fi internet is available in room. The staff rate is excellent, very kind and ready to help at any time.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank askkur
Reviewed May 26, 2012

What to say about the Bayleaf hotel ?
With my friend we stayed for twice three days in 2012may, and the answer is that its perfect in all the ways.
The sight from the room’s window is amazing, on the old remparts of fortress with the golf’s green behind, its an enjoyment for the eyes morning and evening.
By the way, the rooms are very good, very clean with pretty good large bed, nice large bathroom with an italian shower and all you can need, everything you want is in the room.
The breakfast is good too, with a lot of things to eat, the cofee is real one, very good, and all the day the Cook improvise some new hot stuffs, philippan or not, with a very good personnal knack. All that, with the incredible sight from the 9th floor of this big lounge makes the begining of the day a great moment. Cherry on the cake, a pretty smiling person cooks your eggs perfectly and exactly like you want.
Above this restaurant room wich is breakfast one too, you have the top restaurant outdoors, with all the Manilla light the evening, pure enjoyment. Prices are a little bit high for Manilla, but here too you find the very nice own cooking style of the “chef”, and its a pleasure for the taste. For instance, i ate a sauteed beef with muchrooms and little poatatoes, really amazing, and, its stupid to say, but maybe the best hamburger of all my life(maybe with not enough potatoes...).
An last thing, i want to say about the reception team that they are very available, kind and smiling, i remember especialy the name of Jo, Chester, jenny, Jennifer and melissa, they were so kind and helpfull, like all the reception anyway, but i cant remember all the names. Peoples of the door for luggages, call of taxis etc. make also everything they can.
Conclusion is that Bayleaf hotel is a very very good one, i know that next time ill be in Manilla its gonna be my stay place

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jl j
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Very nice hotel in quiet aera Intramudos
Reception and staf (Jenny and Jennifer) very kindly and ready to help you
Room a little small but very nice and clean + beautiful sight outside
badroom spacieus and good equipment
Breakfast very fine
I return to this hotel

Room Tip: situation fantastic, hotel clean and good staf, no swimming pool
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Stayed here for 3 days in mid-April as a stopover on my way to Japan. To start with, I booked an airport transfer through the hotel a month and a half in advance. However when I arrived at the airport, I waited for the driver for well over an hour and a half, only to learn later that the hotel didn't send a pickup driver due to some kind of miscommunication with the private transportation company. Luckily someone at the airport hotel lounge was kind enough to arrange for transportation instead, ’cause the area around terminal 1 at Manila airport can get quite hectic. When I arrived at the hotel, I asked the reception staff what went wrong but unfortunately they didn't even seem to be aware of their mistake. I’m not sure if they had a record of the scheduled pickup themselves, but after I forwarded the confirmation of the initial scheduled pickup, I did receive an apology. It would have been nice if they had also offered a complimentary service to compensate for the inconvenience, but they didn’t. I decided to ask if they could at least provide a complimentary transfer back to the airport myself and they agreed. Luckily it wasn't all bad; check-in was handled quite quickly and smoothly. I was asked for a 2000 pesos deposit/ credit card guarantee. Afterwards the bellboy swiftly took my bags up to my room (711). The room had a green modern interior and was nice and clean. Although the room was quite small, the bed was comfy and the tv had a lot of English language tv channels. Unfortunately the safe didn’t work at first and I had to ask a staff member to reset it (deadbolts were still extended). The next morning I had breakfast on the penthouse floor; breakfast is offer free of charge to all guests. The dining room had a beautiful interior and nice view of the golf course outside. The large breakfast buffet varied daily and included some delicious local (warm) dishes as well as western breakfast items and Service during breakfast hours was excellent. Unfortunately these are the only good things I can write about this hotel.
There wasn't any info. in the room about hotel features/ facilities, nor was there a room service menu. I had to call up to roomservice to have the menu delivered (10 minutes later) and after ordering, it took another 35 minutes before my order was delivered and even then the waiter forgot to bring my drink order, which took another 10 min. to be brought up. The minibar also wasn’t stocked. I don’t know if this is standard policy or just another mistake. These might all be teething problems, as I learned that the most of the hotel staff were newly hired. And despite all the mishaps I feel bad giving this hotel a bad review, since the hotel staff was very friendly during my entire stay. However most of these problems could've been so easily prevented (airport transfer, non-working safe, missing room service menu, wrong roomservice order), which leads me to characterize their service as sloppy and inefficient at the very least.
Another serious problem was that the rooms aren’t soundproof at all. The day before I had to fly out the group next door kept me up until 3 am, while they seemed to be partying. I called down to the reception desk several times and they sent someone from security up, but they weren't able to effectively deal with the problem. So I only managed to get a few hours of sleep, before I had to drag myself to the airport the next day. I had chosen this hotel, because of the previous good reviews and the reportedly safe location. Unfortunately the location didn’t turn out to be that great or safe; my guide later informed me that there are also quite a lot of professional pickpockets in the area; most tourists seem to stay in the Makati area, which is where all the stores and good restaurants can be found. For as far as I could tell there aren’t any good restaurants in Intramuros, only a couple of fast food places.
On the day of checkout the hotel staff made another mistake which not only baffled me, but is just really inexcusable. After I had checked out, the reception staff informed me that my airport transfer had arrived and a staff member offered to take my luggage. I agreed and assumed that he gave my suitcase to the driver. I went back to room to get my extra backpack and passed the lobby saying goodbye. On the way to the airport, the driver got a call, informing him that my suitcase was still at the hotel. Apparently hotel staff forgot to put the suitcase in the trunk of the car! Instead he put it in a corner alongside luggage of newly checked in guests. It’s a good thing I left almost 3 hours early and didn’t just hail a taxi; they probably wouldn’t even have known how to reach me and I would have found out about my missing suitcase at the airport, which would have definitely made me miss my flight. In conclusion, the lack of amenities (no gym or pool), the very basic room, the poor location and the extremely sloppy and inefficient service prevent me from recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo