1,335 results
All reviews rizal park buffet breakfast american embassy cowboy grill ermita area small hotel walking distance deluxe room metered taxi street noise robinsons mall close to the airport enjoyed my stay bw ryan elevator pilar
Reviewed May 19, 2015

Front desk staff good & check you in fast. Room was good, clean & in front. Didn't hear much street noise. Breakfast buffet was very good with many choices. Had a few meals there & was very happy with them. Walking distance to the US Embassy & Manila Bay. There are a few small fast food places across the street & a 7/11 store for snacks. Very happy with my stay there & would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank gustavsen
bwhotelacoronamanila, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2015

Dear Gustavsen,

What a great review!

Thank you for dropping by to share your wonderful experience at our hotel.

Hoping to welcome you anytine soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 19, 2015

The staff were both very friendly and extremely professional. Miss Danca from Reception is quite superb.

The room was quite suitable for my requirements and was very clean and well-maintained.

The breakfast buffet was very good and is included in the room rate.

The unwary should be warned that the general area is a good example of advanced urban decay and that the overly sensitive or prudish may wish to seek accommodation elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Rod B
bwhotelacoronamanila, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2015

Dear Rod B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts here at Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to learn that we have provided you with superb service, from the hotel staff up to the rooms and restaurant.

At Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila, we make it a point that the guest will leave the hotel satisfied with the service we provide.

Again, thank you for staying at the hotel. We hope to welcome you on your next visit here at Manila.

Reviewed May 18, 2015 via mobile

Im not good in english but ill try to express my feelings to what happend in this hotel.
1. I have booked room to this hotel and i want to change the original date so i sent message to their email address.Then good i received reply that they will checked the reservation.
2.I sent again message and asking what will am going to do about the booking.Havent receive reply for 2 days.
3.Today, may 18, i got 3 messages saying. "1.Ill be going to contact Agoda so they can change my reservation, but i havent use Agoda for this reservation.I booked directly to this hotel."
"2 message: they inform me that i can no longer go to their property(hotel) due to personal and emergency reasons. I felt bad to this message, asking myself why did they sent me this message.what was their reason to ban me to this property?".
"3. They asked me if i will pursue the booking". I just replied to them to cancel my reservation".Its not good to stay anymore to this hotel if they ban you for no reason.

Hopefully they can inmproved their costumer service.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Alleli G
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2015

We appreciate for taking time to write a comment and rest assured that this incident won't happen again.

If I can be of any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Warm regards,
Ma. Celeste "Tet" Romualdo

Reviewed May 18, 2015

front desk personnel were very friendly and accommodating, they upgraded us to a suite, and the room was spacious and clean. breakfast was good but no bacon :( (my standards for a great breakfast buffet are bacon and unlimited yakult) but they had froot loops which made it okay! :)

Place is very near the US embassy and convenient

Room Tip: they smoking and non-smoking rooms (for those who smoke)
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Crystal L

Dear Crystal L,

Thank you for your comments here at Tripadvisor. I am glad that you have enjoyed most aspect of your stay.

For the buffet breakfast, we actually have bacon as breakfast offering. On your next visit, you may ask one from the egg station counter or any of our waiters, and they will be more that glad to bring you a plateful one on your table.

See you soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed May 17, 2015 via mobile

La Corona is a decent hotel in the middle of Ermita madness. The rooms are well appointed and it's a clean place. The staff is friendly and courteous. It is surrounded by fun places to eat and many interesting places not for families.

It is walking distance to Robinson's Mall, which is a great place to shop and eat.

It is not a big hotel. There is no pool. It is crazy the minute you walk out the front door. While inside, it's got everything you need for a comfortable stay.

Pros: close to shopping, 7-11 amid many places to eat 2-3 minute walk. Decent internet in the rooms.

Cons: noisy from street traffic late into the evening. Sketchy neighborhood not for families.

Stayed: May 2015
2  Thank Jollibee_Jon
bwhotelacoronamanila, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2015

Dear Jolibee_Jo,

Thank you for providing your feedback here at Tripadvisor.

I am glad that we have provided you with excellent service and room, and that the location worked for you in terms of proximity to the mall and dining place.

Should families stay in our property, there are a lot of nearby places to go to aside from the mall. For one, there is the Rizal park which is a few blocks away from the hotel. Walking distance from the hotel is the Baywalk. See the sunset, take a walk or even ride a calesa (Horse drawn carriage). Opposite side of the Rizal park you will see quirino grandstand where Museo Pambata and Manila Ocean Park is located; a sure hit for families with kids.

The proximity of the hotel to these places of interest is mostly considered by families who wish to visit manila. I wish you could also consider it the next time you visit us.

Again, I thank you for patronizing the hotel and we hope to welcome you soon.

Kind regards,