5,484 results
All reviews spiral restaurant le bar club millesime luxury room sunset bar sports bar pool area club room the executive lounge free shuttle dinner buffet five star hotel bay view late check checking in accor magnifique
Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

Very comfortable, very large rooms, very spotless and lot of care for details. Efficient service and reliable staff response, especially housekeeping. Great breakfast and very tasty meals. Order local dishes and you will be amazed a d don't forget to try their sambal based rice dishes. We loved it and stayed there for three nights before flying to our next destination.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank dralmorales
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2018

Dear dralmorales,

Bonjour Mabuhay!

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us here on TripAdvisor. It is truly flattering to know that you specifically liked that services of our housekeeping team and you enjoyed the sumptuous buffet breakfast here in Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila.

We are looking forward to be of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights in a Club corner suite, the suite was huge, with a big lounge room, bedroom and wet room. Personalized in room check in, complimentary bottle of wine of arrival. Breakfast in the either the club or main buffet restaurant - both with a lot of choice. Ala carte options available in the club as well as small buffet selection. Afternoon drinks and nibbles in the club from 5-7pm. Service everywhere was impeccable and we were greeted by name wherever we went. The pool was large and had 5 water slides of varying sizes. The two main blue slides are pretty fast and kids need to be 122cm to ride them but there are three smaller slides for younger kids too. Kids club was small and our little one only stayed for half an hour as there didn’t seem to be any activities just the tv. Free shuttle to both the Mall of Asia and Greenbelt shopping centers. Great security at the hotel, metal detectors and bag screening plus sniffer dogs. Sports bar a good place to play pool or watch sport. Great place for a relaxing break while in Manila.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 984natalies
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

Dear Natalie S,

Bonjour Mabuhay!

Wow! Thank you for sharing with us your personal and detailed feedback regarding your recent visit. It is truly a flatter to know that you were fully satisfied with your stay, especially with the impeccable service and hospitality of our ambassadors.

I am glad that, despite the weather, you and your little one were still able to enjoy the lagoon-shaped swimming pool and the Kid's Tent.

It would be a great pleasure to welcome you and your whole family back in the near future.

Reviewed July 16, 2018

Yes, I will stay here again. The room was modern, clean and comfortable. Sofitel hasn't disappointed me so far, including this one. The brunch at Spiral with champagne was a bargain, I had more than a bottle. Other than champagne, they also served good selection of red, white and dessert wine. The sunset and brunch buffet was the highlight of our stay there. I just wished they had more chocolate selection for the buffet. They actually have fresh uni sashimi (sea urchin), I had to ask the chef and it was kept in the fridge. Free flow champagne and uni, what else could I ask for. You can eat/drink here for 3+ hours, you can stay after 3 hours, just not foods/drinks served afterward. The staff was generously pouring me the last champagne even though it was 3pm. Spiral staff were just lovely.

Also recommend to have drinks and snacks near the ocean front during the sunset. It is a little pricey for the drinks/foods for Manila standard but definitely worth it for the view. The sport bar was also very nice, with a big screen for the world cup! The pool is more for fun, great for kids but not for lap swim.

The hotel offers shuttle to Greenbelt and Mall of Asia, I didn't use it but I think it's free. If you get a taxi or grab from the hotel, the staff will note the car license plate and hand you a note (for your safety apparently).

Only complaint I had was check-in was slow. I was directed by a lady to a counter but to be turned away by the gentleman, he said he was busy. Not a nice experience on that. Still keeping 5 stars, everything else was great.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Soodye,

Bonjour Mabuhay!

Thank you for sharing your detailed experience here in Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila. We are delighted to know that you had an amazing and sumptuous dining experience at Spiral Buffet. The selections of food and drinks are indeed up to every guests' expectations.

On the other hand, I regret to hear of the inconvenience you encounter during check-in. Rest assured that this will be discussed with the team and remind them of our commitments and standards.

We hope to welcome you back and be of service to you in the near future.

Reviewed July 15, 2018

The service was above average since the staff were very accommodating to my needs and concerns. They brought what I requested to my room. The room was very clean when I checked in. The location is a bit far from the nearest mall since you will need to use transportation to go and return to the hotel. Even though my experiences was a very positive one, I noticed that the fixtures of the rooms and bathrooms are a little bit dated since some of them needed upgrading to modernize them. The service also could also have improvement since we may not have the fruits in the room when we checked in. The service at spiral restaurant could also have a little improvement since it was a little hard to get the attention of the servers during dinner time even though there were a lot of clients to attend to. Thus, my rating.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear joelR5999PP,

Bonjour Mabuhay!

Thank you for letting us know of your feedback regarding your recent visit here in Sofitel Manila. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay, especially with the comfortable rooms and its scenic view, as well as the impeccable service of our ambassadors.

Your comment will definitely be shared with the team for improvement and to be able to serve you better the next time you visit again.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed July 14, 2018

We stayed in this hotel the night before our departure for Los Angeles since it was only a 15-drive to the NAIA airport. The service was impeccable starting with the check-in, luggage assistance, in-room breakfast dining, and their prompt and courteous service. One thing that may need improvement is in the condition of the room - the rain shower head was not working and there was some mildew on the tiles and the top area of the lavatory sink.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Fred1021,

Bonjour Mabuhay!

It is a pleasure to know that we were able to make your last night in the Philippines worth while, especially with the impeccable service of our ambassadors. This will certainly be shared with the whole Sofitel Manila team to keep every staff motivated.

Rest assure that all of our guest rooms and public areas are already scheduled for refreshment to be able to meet every guests expectations.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again!