1,703 results
All reviewscafe ilang ilangchampagne roomylang ylangswim up bardouglas macarthurgrand damegeneral macarthurhistorical hoteloldest hotelrizal parkclassic hotelbreakfast buffetgrand lobbystar hotelchinese restauranthotel lobbyview of the bay
Reviewed March 8, 2016

I attended a fund-raising concert in this hotel ballroom. I was so fascinated by the decors, drapes and lights on the ceiling. One word describes it- mesmerizing. The program was a bit long but as soon as it was over, my wife and I took time to walk around the lobby and enjoyed the Christmas motif at that time. Lovely evening indeed!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Noeh V
Gerhard D, General Manager at The Manila Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2016

Greetings from The Manila Hotel, the country's flagship hotel.

Dear Noeh,

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad that you and your wife enjoyed your visit at The Manila Hotel!

We are looking forward in seeing you again soon in our storied halls!

Reviewed March 6, 2016 via mobile

I stayed here last February 26 until February 28. From California, I called to tell them if they can pick me up at the airport because I'm traveling by myself. When I went outside the airport, I saw them right away because the guy with a hotel uniform was holding a paper with my name on it and the driver was very friendly and polite too! At the hotel, staff are always there to greet you and assist you. I never had a hard time checking in. The lobby is huge,food is very good,and my room is very nice, facing the Manila bay! There is no word to describe how happy I am during my stay in Manila hotel. I would definitely come back and recommend this to everyone! they have the best service!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Emely S
Gerhard D, General Manager at The Manila Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2016

Greetings from The Manila Hotel, the country's flagship hotel!

We are very thankful for your positive feedback! We are elated that you enjoyed your stay here at The Manila Hotel. Guest’s satisfaction is our paramount priority that is why we value you, our beloved guest. Filipino hospitality is one of a kind and I hope that you have felt it during your brief vacation in the Philippines. We hope that we see you again soon!

Reviewed March 6, 2016

Manila Hotel is a top class hotel. Located just outside the beautiful Intramuros (Manila's main attraction) it is a safe haven in this difficult city. Main building is a colonial palace but the best rooms are on upper floors of the new wing. I spent two nights in the hotel and they gave us a room with spectacular views as a gift for my birthday. The spa was great and so was the swimming pool. The restaurant was great too. Service was top class. They even organized a metered taxi to take us to the airport. Awesome!

Room Tip: Upper floors looking at the city have the best views.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HappyFrogTravels

Greetings from The Manila Hotel, the country's flagship hotel!

Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to write a review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodation, as well as the view, the facilities and services. Our hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience, and we are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed March 6, 2016

This hotel is very good located when you don't stand against the bad aircondition of the city . It was once the first lady of Manilla and had very serviable personnel. Now there are still a lot of employees but most miss the customer-first attitude.
The rooms are fine, the badrooms include a large shower. Minibar is available.
The breakfast offer is very large & divers , all continents traditionals are available. Pitty that the service is not always outstanding. This was only the case when a female head was in charge.
The large swimmingpool is very attractive, the area around offers a lot of possibilities.
An ideal place to relax with a good book.
Certainly an hotel that I woul recommend.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine V

Greetings from The Manila Hotel, the country's flagship hotel.

Thank you for your feedback! We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay at The Manila Hotel. We are also thankful for telling us your experiences regarding our services. We are always aiming to satisfy your every need in your brief stay in our storied halls. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2016

Dated interiors, water spills to floor after each shower--poor seal of shower door, challenging to put on makeup with dim lighting in toilet.
BUT I would stick my magnification mirror with its suction caps on window and apply makeup watching my own Manila sunset as I get ready for dinner. Try the buco lambanog martini! Something new for me. And the bibingka too--almost as good as Aristocrat down the street.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family