“home away from home”

Ranked #46 of 109 Hotels in Manila
baguio
“home away from home”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

all i wanted was a room where i could take a shower and get some sleep(came from an early morning trip) before an appointment that morning but i got more than what i bargained for. kudos to the front desk reception staff who recommended my superior twin room and after 10 minutes of registration and payment(we arrived at 7.30 am and i was worried we had to wait until 12pm for the check-in but were welcomed and no further questions were asked),we were shown our room on the 5th floor. our room was big and clean compared to other hotels in that room category,had twin beds, a mini-ref, big cabinets,dresser,flat-screen tv,phone,big bathroom with hot and cold water all the time and a window with a view. only thing is, the view was a big construction site, but outside noise was never a problem as the room itself was soundproofed, another plus for the hotel. Robinsons place manila was just around the corner so we never had a problem with our meals and other stuff we had to buy. the hotel was located in a quiet street, but taxis were available all the time, and even jeepneys were very near. the downside? beds were too hard(spring type)and not too comfortable to sleep in although the sheets and blankets were clean. originally planned an overnight stay but extended it to 2 nights. plated breakfast were good, ( we were given 10 choices), and so was room service,although prices at their restaurant was a bit pricey. staff were friendly and always greeted us with a smile. i would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family when they go to manila.

Room Tip: ask for a corner suite on the upper floors.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank chainaeyes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 15 February 2012

The hotel is actually ok. Stayed in a one bedroom suite. It is very close to Robinson's shopping mall, so that is convinent. Would stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank LC18us
Solingen, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Its an OK place to stay, the rooms are big if you would compare it with the renovated hotels now in the Philippines, where you sometimes get claustraphobic in the room because of its small rooms.

So the place is a little bit run down but it is still a nice place to stay because of the good location which is just across Robinsons Ermita, you could shop and bring your goodies immediately to your room and rest a little bit then go back again. There are a lot of resaturants around it and its about 30-40 minutes away from the airport, depends on the traffic. The plated breakfast is ok.

The staffs were friendly and helpful :)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Syraphica
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 13 January 2012

The best thing about this hotel is its location- right by Robinsons mall if you fancy shopping or the movies and very close to Manila Bay. The hotel is quite dated, but clean enough and the staff provide an okay service. I struggled to communicate with a few of the people on the front desk which was surprising in a country where English is so widely spoken. I stayed here as part of an organised tour and the hotel paired me with a man that I didn't know. I was uncomfortable with this and they were unprepared to do anything to change it. The second night, my friends had to be very forceful with them to have it rectified, and all they would do was put a cot bed in another girls room for me. I didn't feel this was a satisfactory way to deal with it considering I had paid for a proper bed. The breakfast is okay here, but sweetened bread and cheap juices are part of every choice. Needs improvement.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank SelenaFisk

Travellers are raving about these Manila hotels

oregon
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Bad experience for this hotel. I've learned my lesson...what you pay for is what you get. I followed their rules that at least 1 night should be paid in advance. I paid almost in full for 2 nights 6 months prior to my arrival so they should follow the old rate because i paid it in full but then when I came that December they want me to pay for the new rate. I ask the lady at the customer desk "since we paid one night full why are we charged with the new rate since it was paid last May? They could not answer us.Rommel Siglos their boss should know better old rate should be follow for those who pay online rate in advance...where is your accounting skills and logical reasons? You just lost 1 customer and you gonna go down if you dont fix it.

Room Tip: if you reserved it online pay everything but I am not sure if they still follow their rules. or just...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank rencesca71
visayas
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Nice room for its category. Very bad and poor customer service from front desk to room service. Saw many unpleasant behaviors of employees, choosy on whom to greet except for the room cleaners who are very courteous. Breakfast is good. Can't really sleep well because of the on-going adjacent construction even at night.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Rondeau J
Makati
Reviewed 7 December 2011

I called your Hotel today, Dec 07 to ask your Sales staff if they were "dog friendly" in the event I was to hold my wedding receptio there as my pet dog who is fully trained is considered part of our family. I was able to speak to a certain "Rowena" of Sales who did not even greet me initially or even ask for my name. She just replied BLUNTLY, "No, we do not allow pets in the Hotel!" repeatedly. No tactful apologies were given as some form of consideration in the end. I must say if this the the kind of Sales people you have in your Hotel, you should consider having them undergo intensive training in customer service and telephone etiquette! Perhaps your Hotel should also try to be more fllexible and give certain considerations to people who have certain preferences such as mine as THERE IS a market for dog friendly establishments these days. Because of this, I was TOTALLY turned-off and decided to take my business elsewhere. Mind you, my dog has been to Fernwood Gardens, Makati Polo Club and Discovery Suites and we did not experience any problem with that. So better think again or else you will certainly lose customers!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family