“Misto (and Seda Vertis Hotel) is where you dine in Quezon City, if you have an important meeting/personal event”
Review of Misto

Misto
Ranked #15 of 2,080 Restaurants in Quezon City
Price range: US$9 - US$19
Description: "MISTO" is Seda Hotels' signature all-day international dining restaurant, that fuses a medley of international flavors for its delectable ala carte and extensive buffet selection ranging from universal classics to Filipino favorites. Coined after an Italian word for "mixed", Seda Vertis North’s Misto sits on an expansive 702 sqm of space that is designed with modern interiors and al fresco seating that make it a perfect and conducive venue for families and friends; business and social gatherings. With a capacity of 262 seats, Misto showcases a show kitchen of seven (7) interactive cooking stations: Asian, grill, noodles, pasta and pizza, carving, dessert, and beverage. Traditional Filipino recipes are given a modern twist with innovative presentation. The experience is a feast to the senses. The private-dining area which can seat up to 12 persons is also ideal for lunch meetings and intimate celebrations. Operating Hours: Mondays thru Sundays
Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

I’ve checked in at SEDA Vertis before, a few months ago. Pleasant experience. Great rooms. But, this will be a review specific to the breakfast & lunch buffet today, not focusing on rooms this time.

1. Staff

Overall, impressive staff at Misto restaurant, lobby level of SEDA.

From the chefs assigned, to the food counters, to the roaming staff, everyone was polished without being overly formal. Prompt yet not panicky nor stressed. Sophisticated yet warm.

Most impressive was how they anticipated needs. All Managers (both kitchen and dining floor) were roaming frequently, to see if anyone needed additional help. Very proactive.

Example of initiative/thoughtfulness:
I left my table to check the food spread for lunch, leaving my phone charged on the floor. When I came back, my phone was placed on an extra chair. I learned after, that it was because of the thoughtfulness of one of the managers, Ann Aquino.

Dining Staff to Commend:

Almonds
Pam
Marqui
James
* All of the staff members were great. Apologies, but these were the only names I could remember.

Chefs:
Lino
Giancarlo
Allen
Kim

Housekeeping:
Miracle (hope they consider her for a dining position)

Also, special compliments to the following leaders: Executive Chef (Chef Kerpatrik) and Food & Beverage Manager (Sammy Rosales) for being visible on the floor, monitoring and anticipating needs. They are impressively and surprisingly hands-on, for their level.

2. Food

Breakfast & Lunch buffet spread was varied enough, different cuisines/regions represented. Chefs per counter were great, pleasant and prompt.

Breakfast Food standouts:
- Dried fish with vinegar with garlic rice.
- Sushi (yes, it surprisingly works as breakfast).
- Egg station was very efficient.

Lunch Food standouts were:
- roast beef. Best cooked roast beef so far, in all the hotels I’ve stayed in, in the world, that served it.
- Their tempura vegetables.
- Sisig, probably the only hotel so far that offered it as part of the buffet.
- Misto at SEDA has some of the most numerous ice cream flavors to choose from.
- Bubble gum ice cream - the blue color and flavor are both delightful.
- Their detox water: water infused with either vegetables or fruits. Sounds simple but so few hotels overseas offer them (they should).
- Their soup station.
- I love that they offer and celebrate local/Filipino desserts like “turon” and find a twist on it (mango sauce), etc.

Overall:
Misto restaurant at SEDA Vertis Hotel is a great option, if you want to have an elevated dining experience. The restaurant is spacious. Interior design, calming while modern. Staff is efficient and urgent, without losing the warmth. Food is of good quality and has enough regional variety.

If you have an important meeting (or personal event) in the Quezon City area and want to impress, Misto restaurant (and SEDA Vertis Hotel as a whole) is where you need to be. It is the most sophisticated hotel in this side of the capital city.

PS.
Also, check out their newly opened bar on the 24th Floor called ‘Straight Up.’ Excellent and creative bartenders. Efficient dining staff. Present, prompt, excellent, friendly and proactive manager, Mari. And, the highest views of the city, probably of any bar here in the Quezon City area.

srosales_seda, Manager at Misto, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Dear Kristian C,

Thank you very much for your very detailed comment about our Hotel and Restaurants. It is our pleasure that we have given you the best dining experience there is. We are always happy to see that all our guest will be satisfied from our food and also our service. Rest assured that your comment to the team will be relayed. Again, Thank you very much.

Assistant Food and Beverage Manager

Reviewed October 8, 2017

I had breakfast and dinner at this spacious, airy and cozy restaurant. I can't say something negative about breakfast. Extensive selection. Inclusion of pasta , fried chicken and quiche is typical Seda based on my previous experiences at their hotels. Service was also good, very polite and attentive.
For dinner , i had some reservations. While I had mine using the BPI card promo. Can't help noticing that they don't refill some items once you are on the last hour of the time allotment. Even though I arrived a little early , I didn't partake of the tempura and grilled pork since I was still waiting for my companions. It was 30 mins for the tempura and a virtual non refill for the pork. Even when I approached the young male chef , he said they are still cooking. Cooking until it was closing time? It was a Sept 30 dinnertime experience. I just left since I don't want to have my evening ruined by that style. Dinner goes fine with me, the reason I still give my review a 4 star rating. Liked the longganisa rice and the variety of pizza flavors. Another bright spot? Jeanne who was in charge of our table. Very professional , makes sure I get my detox water refill and was consistent removing our plates. Good attitude and behavior.

srosales_seda, Manager at Misto, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2017

Dear doctorfoxtrot,

Thank you very much for your comment. We are delighted that you have enjoyed your breakfast with us. Apparently it did not goes well during your dinner and we are very sorry for that unpleasant dining experience. Rest assured that the concern you had raised had been relayed to our Executive Chef. In a lighter note, the praised you have for Ms. Jeanne had been also relayed and she is very happy. Hope we could invite you back again in Seda Vertis North and you could contact me directly so that I may assist you personally.

Assistant Food and Beverage Manager
rosales.sammy@sedahotels.com

Reviewed September 27, 2017

A very wide range, of delectable menu items, in the buffet. I had the very pleasant experience, of having it twice - dinner, then breakfast, the following day. The waitstaff are so very friendly, and so very warm, plus impeccable service, to boot!

srosales_seda, General Manager at Misto, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2017

Dear Jose Gerardo S,

Thank you very much for your comment. It is always our pleasure to see and hear that our valued guest are delighted with their dining experience in our restaurants. Hope we could welcomed you back again in Seda Vertis North.

Assistant F&B Manager

Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely overnight stay at Seda. Room was clean and the beds were so comfy. The only problem we had was the tv. The cable was not working, we had to call someone to fix it but after fixing it, the cable was still not working properly.

Breakfast at Misto. We enjoyed it so much. The food choices were very home-y. We loved it. The pancakes and waffles prepared by chef Bianca were delicious. I would like to thank Romar for being our server and Jastin for checking up on us and making sure we were having a wonderful breakfast. Kudos to all.

srosales_seda, Manager at Misto, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2017

Dear thatgirlwhobakes,

Thank you very much for your comment. I am very sorry about the cable connection in your room rest assured we will look into this matter and rectify this immediately. Although, we are glad that you have enjoyed your breakfast at Misto. Your praise and thank for Chef Bianca, Romar and Jastin will be relayed. Hope we could welcome you back again and try our roof deck bar "Straight Up".

Assistant F&B Manager

Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

Sumptuously delicious variety of food and drinks with superb and accommodating n entertaining p service crew # lannah lasam

srosales_seda, Manager at Misto, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

Dear REYNELO M,

Thank you very much for your comment. It is our pleasure that we have given you a memorable dining experience. We hope to welcome you back whenever your travels had brought you back to Seda Vertis North.

Asst.F&B Manager