“Terrible front desk staff”

Eastwood Richmonde Hotel
Ranked #14 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
“Terrible front desk staff”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Had a confirmed booking for this property last ny eve but when I got to the front desk they told me I was booked in another property. Saying further that they were fully booked and there was nothing they can do. First off the hotel cannot be 100% occupied - that is just impossible. Second, they didn't even offer me another room, I would have been ok with paying more if it meant I didn't have to transfer to another hotel property. Third, the front desk staff could not explain to me why my booking was mishandled. When I specifically requested for an Eastwood hotel, they gave me the one in Ortigas.

When we finally got to Ortigas we have to line up for check in which took forever. I actually finished reading 4 chapters while I was in line.

Overall terrible customer service,front desk incapable of handling complaints, rooms are ok, breakfast terrible.

I'm never booking another richmonde property.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank Ctinio
, Public Relations Manager at Eastwood Richmonde Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
We truly regret the inconvenience that ensued from your booking with our hotel. Upon investigation with the reservations records of both hotels, your booking was done and therefore confirmed at Richmonde Hotel Ortigas. If our staff was amiss in understanding you had intended to book at Eastwood Richmonde Hotel, we apologize. Since New Year’s Eve is traditionally a very busy day for almost all hotels because of the festivities, our property in Eastwood was indeed fully booked, while the one in Ortigas was also running on very high occupancy. Had there been an available room at Eastwood Richmonde we would have gladly accommodated you. Again, if our Front Desk staff was unable to explain the situation to you properly, we are very sorry. Please be informed that such an incident is highly uncommon, if not isolated. Regarding the delay in your check-in at Richmonde Ortigas, the long queue and seemingly slow process are attributed to the bulk of guest arrivals that particular day.

Please be assured that we are looking into all the concerns you raised, including the standard of our breakfast offerings, and shall address these accordingly.

Although you have decided not to return to another Richmonde property, we do hope you will reconsider and allow us to be of service to you again so we can provide to you the Richmonde quality service we strive to offer all our guests.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 9 January 2012

me and my family stayed at the eastwood richmonde for 6 days. we stayed in a 1 bedroom suite and a superior room. what can i say? the staff are very polite. the concierge were very helpful, the housekeeping staff were always cleaning and refilling our toiletries. fitness center staff are well trained, very polite. even the kitchen staff are commendable, they helped me with my luggage when i was transferring rooms, it's not even their job.

however as a trained chef, i could say that the food on their breakfast buffet does not keep up with the quality of the hotel, very blah. but other than that very good hotel. will stay here again.

Room Tip: rooms facing eastwood mall has the best views
1 Thank jextar
manila
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Booked a New Year's Eve Package Deluxe Room. Reservations people very alert and accommodating since I was on the wait list and immediately let me know that a room was available. Settled the room in advance since I didn't want to queue up for what I anticipated as a madhouse at checkout on 1 January (good decision there).

Hotel was new and the room was clean and spacious. Front desk people friendly and warm. Given a room on the top (38th) floor with a good view facing south east. Amenities basic but complete. Pillows way to soft for my comfort, but I guess that's a matter of personal preference. Soundproofing of the room a bit wanting, given the presence of a party 38 floors down can be heard in the room. Swimming pool on the roof deck good enough for a few laps.

The fact that there is a connecting link to the nearby mall also provided additional convenience.

CONS
As the title says, everything is basic but good. Anything over that is charged. For example:
Internet access (free in most Asian hotels I stayed in) - Php 500 (USD 8) per day - not exorbitant, but why charge?
Local calls - Php 15 per call (cheaper to use mobile). Singapore hotels offer free local calls
Extra towel - Php 50 after the first request.

Brunch was included in the package, but the hotel chef seems to be unaware of the brunch concept. What was prepared was a mishmash of breakfast and lunch foods. Found it to be quite schizophrenic to be honest.

AT THE END OF THE DAY
Check out efficient and friendly. I would recommend this hotel to overseas guests because the room rates are quite reasonable. I would just like to suggest to the hotel management to include free local calls and internet use, though.

Room Tip: Request for a room facing the mall fountains (southwest)
2 Thank viajeroManila
Thank you so much for your review. We are glad that despite some inconveniences you were able to enjoy your stay. We shall look into the improvement of the soundproofing of the rooms and also the charges for internet and local calls. While it is the standard for our hotel and for most hotels in Manila for that matter, to charge for wi-fi and local calls, we shall take your comments into serious consideration.

Since an appropriate number of towels are already provided for each room’s registered occupants, we regret that as part of the hotel’s eco-friendly practices, fees are required for any additional requests. Nevertheless, we shall likewise look into this matter.

Regarding your comment about the brunch offerings, in the Philippines we usually mean to take “brunch” literally and prepare a buffet spread that includes both breakfast and lunch items.

Again, we appreciate your insights and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Manila
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Lil brother was getting married and this was the nearest hotel to the church worth looking at. Bride and groom got 2 rooms for 3 nights.

Value for money, this hotel can't be beat. I believe we got the 1 BR suite at P5,000++ per night. Having a direct connection to the mall at the 2nd floor is also a plus, with so many nice shopping destinations there. The view from the 32nd floor is also nice, you get a good view of the Manila skyline (west facing).

Didn't get to sample the food and the amenities (our home is about 10 minutes from the hotel) but if you have family or colleagues that want to say in the Katipunan/Eastwood area, I highly recommend this hotel for the excellent value and unbeatable location.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TheMacalu
Manila
Reviewed 1 January 2012

The gym personnel were very helpful and provided us assistance knowing it was our first stay at the hotel, yesterday . Seeing a flashlight and hair blower proved very handy, indeed. The location was excellent for us whose purpose was to enjoy the countdown and shop around. Eastwood City is a place to unwind while shopping.

Room Tip: We stayed at 1203 and it was quiet I could view the mountains from the window.
1 Thank happy2012Manila
Metro Manila
Reviewed 31 December 2011

We booked Eastwood Richmonde for the first time this weekend. The room rate was very affordable for a lavish hotel. The room size was ok. It had a flat screen TV which I liked. The bed and the pillows were very comfy.

The bathroom had a bathtub (perfect for bubble baths) and it was clean. What I didn't like though was that there was an odor coming from the floor drain under the sink. Also, the adjoining room was rather noisy but the staff was very attentive to this and a few minutes later the noise was gone :) The front desk double checked with me if the noise had stopped and I said yes :)

As for the breakfast buffet, there was a wide array (maybe because it was almost New Year's Eve). I liked the smoked salmon and the pastries. No sausages today though. The iced tea was very delicious :)

Overall, it was a very enjoyable stay. I would definitely come back :D

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank S M
Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We are a family of 4 (5 for 1 night only). I booked this hotel not knowing where it is or what we would find when we get there. I saw the pictures posted, but as we all know, pictures can be decieving! We booked 6 nights & took advantage of their 'specials/stay-longer-package'.

We had a wonderful time, from start to finish! We were welcomed by staff at the door. Check in was a breeze.
Our room had:
2 queen size beds,
a bathroom with a bath tub (score!)
a mini kitchen
TV and iPod dock for music

The kids LOVED the buffett breakfast! We also had access to the swimming pool (a must if you have kids and a husband that just has to swim everyday!) in the 39th floor & there is a gym (if you feel the need to work out all those 'holiday' fat!)

We were walking distance to 5 shopping malls! The malls range from Tiange style (where you can find cheap knock-offs) to high end brand style shops (Marks & Spence, Toys R Us etc)

We were walking distance to over 20 restaurants and coffee shops. Food was good & we ate out every night!

When we got bored and needed to venture out of the 'mini city', we were only a cab ride away from Trinoma or Greenhills or Shangri-La shopping malls. (appx Php100-200 per trip).

The only negative I have, besides not staying longer :)
1) Wifi was not free, this is a must if you have 3 teenagers that have to be in touch with their friends on all social networks like FB.
2) You have to be on top of the charges; once they charged me extra adult in my breakfast bill when our room booking came with complementary free 2xadult buffett meals. BUT to their credit, they fixed it right away.
3) I had to ask for extra bath towels (there were only 2 supplied in the room). When I rang the service desk, they said I had to pay for the extra bath towels! I said; "there are 4 guests here, you expect us to share 2 bath towels?" Again, to their credit they rectified their mistake quickly.
4) There were no 'kids club' or activities for the kids to do in the hotel. You need to go outside for that. Which is a pain when all you want to do is to mellow out in your room or atleast have some time alone with your partner without the kids!

Over all we had a great stay and would definitely be booking here again!

Room Tip: Always look for the max adults/person allowed in the rooms. That would give you a very good indicat...
1 Thank Rhodora D
3.0 km away
Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria
Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria
#5 of 63 in Quezon City

Been to Eastwood Richmonde Hotel? Share your experiences!