“Excellent location!”

Eastwood Richmonde Hotel
Ranked #16 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I stayed in Eastwood Richmonde twice this year and I found my stay to be really nice. I like the fact that it's next to a mall (which closes late) and right along C5 Road. At the same time, I also loved how spacious the room was, including the bathroom! The beds were also very comfortable and I definitely had a good night's sleep. What I didn't appreciate much though was the shower area. There was no shelf where I could place my shampoo and other toiletries while inside. There was not even a soapdish of some sort. I found it very convenient while showering. And to think this is a fine hotel.

In terms of service, checking in and out was not as easy nor fast as I expected. I kind of felt the front desk team didn't have a sense of urgency given the fact that is more of a business hotel than a vacation hotel. But in terms of room service and all, since they do have butler service, it was all good.

As for food, I only tried their breakfast spread. It was okay. I found everything good. The basics were there--bread, omelet station, juices, etc. But nothing extra ordinary.

To sum it all up, the stay was a bit more average because of the convenience the location gives and that they have nice rooms. I would probably stay there again, but that would largely be because of its location.

2  Thank Carics

Reviewed 5 May 2012

I am currently halfway of my month long stay here (on business). I am from the US but have traveled internationally on a few occasions. The initial reaction from entering the lobby is amazing. Very open, and very elegant. The staff is very friendly and is there to accommodate your every need. The problem is the rooms. This hotel has the look of a five star but in reality is a 2-3 star.

Their selling points in the room are: Ipod docking station, LCD TV, dvd player, mini fridge, elegant bed, and space. The docking station that I have in the room doesn't work. The LCD TV is okay. The DVD Player (as is the case in foreign countries) is region specific. The mini-fridge is a nice touch (but rather have a little more room so I can store water). The bed is fairly comfortable (i've haven't had an issue with falling asleep on it).

My main concerns for this hotel are the following: Wifi (why do I have to pay for this?), The room in general (wallpaper coming apart, desk has so many scratches and looks cheap, the shower's odd draining, the pseudo cabinets near the windows, again looks cheap).

As is most of the buildings in the area, they try to conserve energy by not using the AC in places not needed. So, the elevators and hallways do NOT have AC. This isn't bad during the nights but during the days, the AC should be on. The country is fairly warm to hot on a yearly basis. The AC in the room is fine (i have to routinely turn it off as it gets quite cold).

The room service is not too bad. The food is inconsistent. I had ordered identical salads for lunch and dinner. The initial salad was terrific, however; at dinner, it was cheaply made (lettuce rotting, dressing sparse). This is supposed to be an elegant hotel but if you cant have consistency in the food, then why bother.

I've been without hot water for two days now. They state it's due to a plumbing issue. They haven't offered to place me in a different room or provide me hot water (shave, etc). I have had to call the front desk for this several times.

Personally, I would rather stay the shangri la, but the office is just a few minutes from this hotel.

In conclusion, the hotel is okay. Just don't expect a five star hotel experience. This is ONLY a 2-3 star hotel.

1  Thank obrassmunki
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

On behalf of the management of the hotel, kindly accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. Please be advised that we have taken note of your comments regarding the state of your room, the inconsistencies in our food products and the engineering issues that affected your comfort. More importantly, we have reminded our staff regarding the proper procedures in handling breakdowns of guest room facilities to ensure the continued wellbeing of guests. We completely understand your disappointment when we were unable to transfer you immediately to another room. Kindly be assured that this is not the standard of our hotel and we have taken the necessary steps to ensure that this does not happen again.

With regard to the wi-fi charges, unfortunately, like in most hotels in Manila, this is the current standard at Richmonde. Nevertheless, we shall take your comment into serious consideration.

Although your stay with us was less than satisfactory, we do hope that you will grant us the opportunity to serve you again so we may provide you with the distinctly personal and enjoyable Richmonde experience, which we aim to offer all our guests.

Reviewed 5 May 2012

Me and my fiance stayed at this hotel for like 12 days and we both thought it was a very good hotel. From the housekeeping team to the buffet or restaurant folks and the receptionists were all nice to us. One thing though that I noticed was when there was a wife/husband of a foreigner, the hotel staff would always greet the filipina/filipino when he/she was together with the foreigner but when she is alone, they don't seem so nice and even not notice her/him especially those who are at the entrance of the hotel. That is the only thing I noticed which is not really very nice about it. But generally, it was nice and we enjoyed being there. It is in a very good location because it is within a little city that has everything we need except for a supermarket but that was a minor need.
After our stay there, we decided that the next time we decide to be in the Philippines again. it's definitely Richmonde Hotel Eastwood City again!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maris P
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I stayed here on business and spent 7 nights at the hotel. They did a great job of keeping my room clean and the bottled water replenished. The staff were extremely friendly and they also had a great breakfast buffet.

1  Thank tbruns
Reviewed 26 April 2012

My wife, son, and I recently spent a little more than a week here, and were generally very pleased. Our room was very large, with plenty of room to move around the two double beds, large desk, and entertainment center. The bathroom was likewise a very generous size, and fitted out in upscale style with marble tile and overhead shower.

Along with the comfortable room and bed, the breakfast was a huge bonus. Every morning we could pick from a wide range of Filipino, Asian, and Western foods, fresh fruits, and pastries. Eggs are cooked to order, and the griddle also cranks out fresh pancakes and French toast. It was a great way to fuel up for our busy days.

The hotel staff are also uniformly helpful and cheerful, from front desk to housekeeping.

Protip: the holder for your card key near the door also activates the lights and air conditioning, so ask for an extra key and keep it there if you want the room to be cooled when you're not there.

Our two minor criticisms:
1. There was a faintly rancid smell that seemed to come from the bathroom plumbing. Not sure what the source was, but it wasn't limited to our room-- friends who traveled with us also had it in their room.
2. For some reason, we had a persistent problem with getting new towels to replace the ones removed when the room was cleaned. I would often have to call the desk in the evening for hand towels, an extra bath towel, or even the full complement of towels. The request was always dealt with promptly, but I was puzzled at this hiccup in otherwise excellent service.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank T D
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Walk into the hotel lobby and immediately you think very nice, large and impressive foyer. I stayed on 34th floor with excellent views of the city. Used the gym only one day, has all the basics and a view of the city while you work out since the gym is on the top floor. They have a nice rooftop pool also, which I didn’t get to use. I used the restaurant daily for their breakfast buffet. Nothing spectacular but nothing bad either. Continental breakfast items for the most part, with a chef that would make you omelets and eggs any way you like. 1 or 2 indian food items also available in the breakfast buffet, could be daal item, rice, biryani, tandoori fish and naan type stuff. Mangoes weren’t sweet. Not comparable to a SHANGRA LA hotel Breakfast buffet but also you aren’t paying their exorbitant prices. The hotel is connected to the mall, so everything is very convenient. In addition within a 3 minute walk you have access to all types of retails shops and Multinational companies. The room itself was divided into a sitting area and bedroom. The space was well utilized, clean and nicely appointed. Bathroom was modern looking with a rainfall showerhead. All the employees always smiling and genuinely want to help you with anything you need. I would definitely stay again if I visit Manila and would recommend it to others whether for Business or Pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MisterPatel
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Booked this hotel via their website. No hassle upon checking in. All the frontdesk staff were extra helpful.

It's a big hotel and unlike my favorite small boutique choices, no owner will talk to you to provide recommendations as to where to go. The location pretty much says it all. It's in the middle of a high-end shopping paradise.

If you are coming from the airport, it may take you maybe 45mins-1hour to get there as it is not as close as Manila or Makati.

The hotel's AC when we came into the room did not work for a couple of minutes. An engineer had to drop by to check, but it was fixed in a second.

There are a lot of choices when it comes to dining around the area. Budget, mid-range and expensive. Americans may find it weird that Johnny Rockets close to the hotel is expensive. Prepare to pay $20-$25 for two people.

Eastwood Mall is connected to the hotel.

Th bathroom is immaculate and I cannot complain about that. Room has an extra large LCD TV and we have a great city view.

We checked out the hotel's pool and it's really a quiet place to relax. Initially there was a group of noisy kids but thank God they left right away. The gym, which we were not able to use, is on the same floor as the pool.

Breakfast was served I think only up to 10AM so better hurry when you get up late. It's buffet style with bread, rice, fruits, Filipino dishes, bacon etc and I can say I am happy. There's just a long line to have your omelet prepped by the cook.

We only stayed for a night but I'd say it was a great place to relax. I slept really well as the bed was really comfy.

Would I recommend this to friends? Maybe not to backpackers as it's about $80 a night. But if you are the flashpack-y type and would want to be close to shopping, dining, and drinking options, this hotel is the place for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room if it's available.