“Best service I've ever experienced” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of JW Marriott Hotel Ankara

JW Marriott Hotel Ankara
Ranked #2 of 171 Hotels in Ankara
Modiin
“Best service I've ever experienced”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

This is a beautiful luxury hotel, every detail is very well cared, the spa is one of the best I've seen, but the most amazing feature is the level of service they have achieved.

I do work at Customer Service for the last 12 years, and attended too many Customer Services conferences, at this hotel they have excelled on almost every possibly aspect.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

I choose this hotel based on Tripadvisor. I stayed one night on the way travelling to Uludag and few days later I chose to stay here again when I visited Ankara. Location, luxury, service, everything is the best. This hotel is much better than an another five star I stayed few days earlier in Istanbul.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank Timre
somerset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

Hey other reviewers lets not get carried away, yes this is a lovely hotel with really nice staff, but it's a 5 star property and the facilities and service are as you would expect but it's not the best Hotel in the World!

The Hotel is new so everything is sparkling and bright and the staff are a huge asset with nothing too much trouble. You are met at your car and assisted throughout. I had cause to use the maintenance service (failing drain in bathroom sink) and laundry service and both were impressively quick (minutes) and efficient. My colleague also used the maintenance service (failing TV) and this was sorted in 30 minutes.

The deluxe rooms are spacious and clean with a really nice bathroom area. The beds are very comfortable - these are possibly the best I've ever used!. One issue is the temperature - I like a cool room and this isn't possible. I set aircon to lowest level (20 degs it said!) and the best it achieved was 21. Also it didn't seem possible to get just one bedside lamp to work on it's own - perhaps that was just me as there were about 8 switches on each side of the bed!

The restaurants are good. The Steak House food was fantastic and this was probably one of the best hotel restaurants I've used. We also ate in the downstairs bar when we wanted to watch the football the staff worked hard to find the Liverpool - Chelsea match (2:1 Liverpool - come on!!) and the food was good.

Used the Executive lounge on a few occasions and the service was very good but I am advised the cocktail making skills of the girls needs some practice!! At least they were friendly and went out of their way to find us details of things to see and places to go in Ankara.

I used the gym and this was very easy to use and everything was there - only about 5 people in the evening so no waiting for anything. Earphones available to use and TV on all the cardio machines!

The Hotel does lack a bit of ambience as it is really quiet - with very few guests around. I'm sure this will change as people get to know it but at least it means you have plenty of staff to yourself!

One down side to this Hotel is the outside area. It sits in a building site! If this is the only part of Ankara you see because you are on a business trip then you will be disappointed. Right outside the Hotel IKEA and Tesco (called something else in Turkey) are building a store which wasn't in anyway noisy but just means its always dusty and the roads/pavement are not complete. There is a large shopping mall (Ankara is the 'city of malls' as advised by the girls in the exec lounge!) nearby which is open till 10.00 with all the usual shops - plus Maccy D's and BK if you need a rest from fine dining! Apparently there are restaurants near the hotel but we didn't go the right way - we just wanted a wander around.

Overall this is a really nice Hotel with efficient and polite staff. I would stay again without hesitation.

Room Tip: The higher floors have less obstructed views
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank somersetsqueaky
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

I am a world traveler and have been working in the hotel business for many years (with a focus on quality assurance). Seldom do I come across a hotel that delivers such an outstanding quality both in terms of the property and the service. The room and the common areas were beautiful, clean and functional and provided a superb safe haven in a lively and hectic Ankara. This hotel is a fitting tribute to the excellence that has become the hall mark of the Marriott name. A hearty and sincere thank you to all of the great staff at JW Marriott Ankara.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Henrik C
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

I’m sitting in my HUGE room here at the JW Marriott Ankara right now writing this - my first time in Ankara, this hotel is very impressive. Only here for one night, but love this property. Very modern sensibility combined with an nod to Turkish style and design. Luxury rooms with huge baths, very comfy beds, excellent service and very friendly staff. Without a doubt, will stay here again for my next trip. While I won’t have the opportunity this time around to take advantage of the restaurants which look wonderful or the spa (wish) they look fantastic. Highly recommended - probably one of the nicest Marriott properties I’ve stayed at internationally. I'm with my five-year-old daughter and husband, so it's family friendly (and a good amount of room for the three of us!)

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Taytay, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

Hands down, this is the best hotel I have ever stayed so far in my whole travel. As soon as you enter the lobby, you'll be mesmerized with the grand chandeliers that will welcome you. All the interiors are elegantly placed together. The room is so spacious, I love the bath area, huge tubs with separate walk-in shower. The floor, walls...all made in sparkling granite and marbles. Don't miss to visit the spa, WOW for the turkish hamam, huge lap pools (indoor & outdoor) and sauna, for me this is the best of the best part of the hotel. The gym area is also big.

Dining in the lobby restaurant is also quite an experience with their very friendly chief chef Yusuf personally accommodating us and served us with complimentary seafood plate & dessert . Soon to open is the sky restaurant at the rooftop, I'm sure it will be a stunning dining place.

I would like to thank all the staff of JW Marriott Ankara for the warm service and hospitality. I would say that this Marriott is under-categorized among the JW hotels. For me, this hotel is really a jem in the city...yes, pictures don't do justice!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank sweety0310
Portland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

Opened a month ago and I had a chance to spend a few hours but enjoyed a bunch. After the grumpy taxi driver dropped me to the back dock of the hotel, trying to find my way up to the lobby, a bellman greeted me with a huge smile on his face, made my day. Later on, I found out, eveyone who works in there is the same, pleasant, courteous and knowledgable. In particular, entire bellteam, Meltem and Emrah at the front desk did their utmost best to made my short stay comfortable.

Apparently, the building is breath-taking, lobby is awesome, rooms, hallways luxurious, also well and smartly designed. My room was huge, lots of space, latest technology used and meticulously clean, no detail missed out as expected from any JW branded hotel around the world. The room I stayed, had a walk-in shower and bathtub, featured 1st class bathroom amenities.

I will be back next month to enjoy even more. Thank you for everything.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business