“Warm and Welcoming”

Ranked #25 of 96 Hotels in Bodrum City
Missoula, MT, USA
“Warm and Welcoming”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Recently, my family and I stayed at the Su Hotel in Bodrum. The room was spacious, clean and nice. The customer service was fantastic. All of the staff was helpful and a pleasure to interact with. The breakfast was excellent and the pool looked inviting though we did not swim because it was cool. Ali, the manager really went the extra mile for us. We forgot our passports in the hotel safe and did not discover our mistake until we were 4 hours away by car. With a flight the next afternoon we were in a jam. Ali took it on himself to put our passports safely onto a bus that arrived in time for us to catch our international flight. Thanks Ali!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MarkDPMissoula

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 April 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights and were very surprised that the hotel rated so highly on Trip Advisor. We were looking forward to the tea and coffee making facilities advertised on the hotel website, but on enquiring where they were, we're told that only the suites had these. Not happy. The room was clean and the beds comfortable, but if you stay here ensure that you specifically book a room on the opposite side of the hotel from the street. We actually asked for a quiet room, but we're given one where we could hear a rooster crowing regularly from 3am onwards. If you're a light to medium sleeper, you can kiss a good night's sleep goodbye. As it was very early in the season, only a few rooms were booked each night, but we were all grouped together in the same part of the hotel to listen to each other's comings and goings morning and night. Makes it easier for the cleaners, I suppose.
Breakfast was OK. Standard Turkish fare of bread, cheese, olives, spreads, but no yogurt, and on our second morning, no fruit either. On the plus side, we were provided with a sandwich on our last morning there, when we had to catch a very early flight, for which we were very grateful.
Given the price paid for the room, in comparison with other hotels in which we stayed in Turkey, we found this one to be overpriced and overrated.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side opposite the office and the street.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank In60s
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My father and I just returned from a trip to the Su Hotel and overall we were very happy. Ali, who worked at the front desk, was very friendly and helpful and had lots of suggestions of things to do in Bodrum. The room was very beautiful and had a nice view of the pool. As it is April, lots of flowers were in bloom and the atmosphere was very calm and relaxed. The whole hotel was very clean, the cleanest place I've ever stayed. We thought the location was perfect-- it was a very short walk to the main bus terminal and also to the center of town. Its true that the road leading to the hotel is narrow and and there is quite a lot of traffic, but I wouldn't let that be enough to deter you. The hotel itself was very quiet except for the roosters kept by the neighbors next door.
There were only two things we were not as pleased with. First, we stayed in a room with twin beds which were quite stiff and narrow. As my Dad is a bit of a chubby guy, this was sometimes challenging for him. We also thought that it would be nice if there was a wider selection at breakfast-- they had basic Turkish breakfast items with a few extras. More varieties of cheese, different kinds of olives, different breads or pastries could have been nice.
But we were very happy with our stay and would certainly stay there again. Especially in the summer as the pool looked lovely.
Thanks to the staff for a very enjoyable visit.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank hayley s
Bodrum, Mugla, Turkey
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Was invited for a cocktail party in this hotel few days ago. Although was living several years in Bodrum, did not know it existed in the heart of the city. With 25 rooms and 3 suites around the pool, this hotel looked well planned and well taken care environmentally with palm trees. What amazed me, was the cleanliness! Public areas visited were kept absolute clean and hygienic, which you do not meet most of the others.
As this hotel does not allow the non-residents for restaurant and bar services, you feel yourself at home dining and sipping with friends under a warm ambiance around.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank demirgurel
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed 29 January 2012

This is the fourth time I have stayed at the hotel and it again was a very pleasant stay. My husband and I used the suite with the hamam water closet and I love the opportunity to have these. Just something different. The room was well heated before our arrival. Both men named Ali who work there were pleasant and helpful as always. I have now claimed this hotel as my home away from home when in Bodrum. A five minute walk from the "boardwalk", ten minutes from the bus station and taxi stands. To find the hotel from the street, you follow the "river" of blue tiles and fish. For a weekend getaway to find some sun and get away from the cold, this is the hotel to go to. By the way....I am NOT a "paid advertiser" for this hotel, if you were wondering. I just really like it and the people.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at this cheerful hidden little gem last November 2011, at the Ardmore apartment. Mr. Zafer, Mr. Ali and kucuk Ali were sweet as a doll. I am sure I'll see you again. God bless you and wish you a greater success in the years to come. XOXO

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Alia B
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here at the beginning of the summer just passed. The Hotel was perfect as somewhere to relax after spending a busy day exploring nearby sites, or just to spend the entire day relaxing by the pool on those lazier days.
The pool area of the Hotel with its brightly coloured flowers and crisp white Villas looked stunning in the Aegean sunshine, and was very quiet and peaceful even though we were informed by staff that the Hotel was full.
The rooms have air conditioning and free Wi-Fi which was an added bonus. The Hotel staff were friendly and helpful, there is also a bar/lounge area which serves premium brands and at decent prices.
The relaxing atmosphere is all the more impressive in that the bustling Marina of Bodrum is just minutes away with its charming Markets, traders and many excellent restaurants.
I had stayed in Bodrum before but outside of town in more of a resort complex and I have to say I missed out on experiencing the real Bodrum, which I would thoroughly recommend exploring and the Su Hotel is the perfect place for this.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple