“The food lets this place down”

L'Ambiance Resort Bodrum
Ranked #83 of 100 Hotels in Bodrum City
Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

We went here as our main holiday last year, and personally i didnt think it was that bad! I booked it first then read the reviews afterwards( silly i know) after reading some of the reviews on here i was dreading going, but we were both quite pleasantly surprised, the pool was clean every day we visited it and the rooms were pretty basic but clean, the only thing we could fault was the food! We went all inclusive , but after just one day eating here we opted to eat elsewhere, which i would recommend anyway because the food is so cheap! The food at the hotel isnt up to much, there was a poor choice of foods and breakfast consisted of a variety of greasy breads! So if you are looking for somewhere cheap to stay it gets the thumbs up, but do eat elsewhere!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 September 2015 via mobile

Dirtiest hotel ever! My wife got food Poisoned while we were there last year.
Our first instance entering the hotel was a stuff member complaining about a customer saying "I can't take this anymore" plus the general manager of the hotel telling off another customer because she was not happy about something else with the hotel.
I guess these guys are still in the business because they operate on a "all inclusive" basis, but trust me it's not worth it!!
All inclusive but one day day run out of beers than they get their beers delivered but this time they don't have any glasses available to service you with.
Food is horrible and let's say that you are out of options and want to eat there anyway, this time you will have to battle to find a place to sit down and eat your food.
Most of the tables are piled up with dirty plates and no stuff member cares enough to clean any table for you.
Rooms are not too bad except from the blood stains on the walls from the mosquitoes and believe me there are a lot of mosquitoes in this hotel.
Room service terrible. I guess it's because they only have a few teenagers working as cleaners for the whole premises and I really felt bad for these guys constantly under pressure from their managers forcing them to clean and get a room ready in very little time.
Definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone who cares about their health as it's a place with a very big potential to ruin your much valued holiday...

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2015

Well how do i start this this, easy!!! just dont book this.The hotel is now called Myndos Gate resort. Got to hotel at 11:00pm and not to our 3rd room until 2:30am,
After complaining to a non english speaking person as to one of the beds had been built up with bricks from outside as bed base was uneaven, explaining by drawing a towel and toilet paper that was required in the room.
Food...Terrible, this was uneditable, no fruit juice for my daughter but advised tea/coffee only. We ate out all the time so extra cost incuured.
The pool is nice, but if you like loud turkish music blasting then great.
Lunch, tea excatly the same, drink well watered down.
If your a cat lover then you will love it as there is about 10 cats always hanging around your table if you can bear to eat the food.
No ice cream for the children, no entertainment, staff speak no english.
The beds are very uncomfortable. If money was spent on the area, it would be great but well out the way from town centre, advised 500 meters, it took a taxi nearly 2 miles to get there and that was the road we had to walk.
In my opinion, Never book here, pay that little more time reviewing this hotel, spend a little extra if you can afford it to go elsewhere.
We paid extra to move hotels and it was the best thing i have done in a while.

Dont book or even think about booking this!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view, but again these are poor
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2015 via mobile

THE WORST PLACE I'VE EVER STAYED IN! 200 characters so I'll repeat myself, stayed here with partner and was ripped off for 'broken' safe, staff were rude, close to punching one member of staff for insulting my partner. The pool was a pond of algae and bugs, the toilets in the pool area reflected. Feaces over walls and floor. The room was filthy with dead bugs on floor and in bed. We rang tour operator who were unhelpful as was the manager. My partner made her first complaint after half hour of arriving. Do Not ever book thus sess pit!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank carl F
Reviewed 27 May 2015

This is now called myndos resort hotel, it took our coach driver over an hour to find this place when we arrived it was 2anm. The night porter showed us to our room which was disgusting mould on bed covers shower cubicle not cleaned full off hairs, we had to spend a night in this, we have been to turkey on many occasions and are not fussy but this was something else....In the morning we reported to receptionist who said she would take it up with manager which never happened. breakfast was another joke all inclusive consisted off scrambled egg spaghetti and bread rolls no juice toast ect, We were extremely lucky our rep came and had us out off there within hour, please stay clear off this place it will ruin your holiday,

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
6  Thank christine w
Reviewed 7 October 2014

absolutely disgusting
dirty rooms ,insufficient change of bedding and towels ,furniture basic and dropping to bits ,air conditioning that goes into a bucket in the room so doesnt work , dead insects left and floors not swept , food raw and same choice every day cold chips boiled eggs,no butter, people being ill myself included I suppose I was fortunate because I know bodrum and could get away everyday and my god I needed to . this hotel has totally put me off turkey I have stayed in some nice hotels all over turkey but if anyone ever said to me that they had booked this hotel i would say change it the place needs demolishing totally unimpressed !!!!!

Room Tip: there are no good rooms hotel is a shambles
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank ChertseyGarryJ
Reviewed 5 October 2014

My boyfriend and myself booked this as our first holiday together, so we wanted it to be special, quiet and relaxing.

Neither of us have ever booked a holiday through a travel agent before, but we thought that we would be in safe hands booking it this way... oh, how we were wrong!!

When we arrived in the Turkish airport, we got on our shuttle bus understandably tired, but excited for the start of our holiday. The shuttle bus was obviously dropping off to a number of hotels in the area, and we ended up being stuck in a proper 'Inbetweeners Moment' (if you have seen the film): we pulled up at the gates of L'Ambiance, and you could tell that everyone else on the bus was thinking poor sods who have to stay there... Unfortunately, that was us, we had to take the walk of shame off the bus and into hell.

I cried when we were shown to our room by one of the surly staff members, as it was absolutely disgusting! This is NOT an understatement. The sheets were dirty, the decor was old fashioned, the toilet and bathroom had mould in it and was generally extremely unclean, there was only one curtain, that barely covered the window, the floor tiles were broken and dirty, there was no safe, the side lights didn't work and the cupboard doors were hanging off.. to name a few problems. This was just what was wrong with the room!

Subsequently, we went straight to the front desk to complain and demand for a cleaner, better room. We were told that we could not move rooms until the next day, and that we could not change hotels for another day after that (as we had requested a change of hotels from our rep). Basically, we had to 'suck it up' and cope for the next couple of days... great.

Other reviews on here have highlighted the many other issues with the hotel, pointing out the dangers of the loose light/ electrical fixings in the swimming pool, and the fact that it was cloudy. Furthermore, the food was disgusting (I lived off chips/ bottled water/ McDonalds for two days... super healthy, I know), the staff were unhelpful and all looked like they didn't want to be there as much as the guests did.

I could say a lot more about this hotel, but it's appearance on the BBC as one of the worst hotels that you could ever stay in should be enough to put you off for life. I think it should be shut down and demolished.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple