“Not a 4* Hotel”
Review of Tenda Hotel

Tenda Hotel
Ranked #82 of 100 Hotels in Bodrum City
Reviewed 23 July 2017

Holiday transferred to Tenda less than a week before departure by agent. Found both good and bad points.

First the good. Great location, rooms facing afternoon and evening sun. Arrived late evening and desk manager was very helpful. The two young ladies who managed the (small) bar were both happy and very efficient.

Now the downside. The room was not well maintained. Locks to both the entrance and verandah doors were damaged, power socket swallowed with wires showing, no room servicing for six days and air conditioning not working despite requests. Food was unremarkable on main courses with little choice and meals repeated regularly though salads and desserts great. English not spoken by most staff, even those wearing badge saying they were English speakers.

This could be such a lovely hotel and having spoken to management was told that rooms were being upgraded.

Will probably give it another go in a year or two.

Room Tip: Suites have best views and equipment
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Absolutely disgusting from start to finish we was all poorly from the appalling good that you had to que up to get and when you got to it it was nearly all give it was not welcoming at all to the English it was very much Turkish and Russian, the drinks was disgraceful and they always ran out of beer and wine. Totally totally disgusting

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

It was very easy to book online via loveholidays and great that we could chip away at the cost after paying a low deposit. However! I'm not sure that the rep at our hotel was an actual loveholidays rep and being asked to bring him cigarettes back for him after the excursion we overpaid for was very professional. There was nobody to go to with any issues and this caused us quite a panick when there was a mix up with our return transfer - we were delayed three times, waited two and a half hours and nobody seemed to have a clue what was happening.

Our hotel was certainly below advertised standard with a choice of vodka,gin,raki or a local lager at the bar and food choices being of two hot dishes and the usual salad bar at each meal. The afternoon snacks offered each day were processed chicken nuggets and dry French fries! NOT anyones expectation of an all inclusive holiday. The fact our patio door was broken and we had to manually lift and wrestle it to get the one side that would open to do so, that our shower kept falling off the wall along with the light switches comes second to the fact that there was nobody to help us with these issues. When approached the staff promised to have things rectified the next day but nobody ever did.

Very disappointed.... However Turkey is lovely!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura B
Reviewed 4 October 2015

A friendly reception by the night shift administrator who provided us with keys and assisted us to room 2904. His assistance at the room was less impressive opening the patio door and leaving us in room.

The room was not clean leaving us deflated after a long day travelling. On entering the bathroom I was staggered to find a water pipe leading from the toilet was leaking (A jet stream of water) which was soaking through the cracks in the tiled floor. The bath itself was filthy, clearly filthy and mouldy with the sealant around the bath having been applied poorly and in serious need of renewing. All taps were filthy. I would not wash or shower in that room.

I immediately attended the reception to ask for an alternative room and was informed by the receptionist that it could be organised in the morning. He did not appear to be surprised. I returned to the room and instead of our usual routine of showering and going out for an initial walk we slept on the dirty bedding placing our pool towels over the sheets. We were deflated by the extremely poor standard of quality.

In the morning I attended the reception and was joined by 5 other parties (All of British Origin), all of whom were complaining about the same issue. I was informed that I would have to await a room change and was eventually directed to speak with a female who was the only person with any degree of customer service. She apologised and organised a change of room. We were provided with keys to room 1203 which I inspected. It was definitely not of 4 Star standard but cleaner. The bathroom was much cleaner and I accepted the room due to the fact it was much better than the previous room. No hot water was a common theme.

As the day went on I observed many people arrive, the majority of Turkish origin who were all being placed into the same area of the hotel which was not the area that the British had been placed. I have my opinion on this issue which I shall keep to myself.

I enjoy Turkish food and was satisfied with the initial offering at breakfast and lunch although the floor in the dining hall was filthy.

The next day there was a massive increase of guests, mainly from Turkey which provided the hotel with a lovely diverse mix. This did however provide many problems, particularly in the area of the food. Simply put the hotel could not cater for the number of people. At 2015 hrs there were no choices of hot food. Wew waited for 20 minutes to be served two different choices both of which would equate to ‘heat from frozen’. This was extremely disappointing.

Due to the number of people in the dining hall the room resembled a cafeteria with staff pushing a ‘Slop tray’ along emptying plates whilst placing some leftovers on the bottom tray making the dining experience nauseous at times.

Although advertised there was no A La Carte facility. I do not generally choose to eat in this manner when on holiday but would have chosen to do so.

As the days passed it was clear that some left over food had been reheated and served again. Although I cannot say that it was related I developed a tummy bug which lasted a few days.

During the evenings I saw food being handled by staff not always using gloves.

Drink

Generally the drinks were as expected but the plastic cups that were used to serve the drinks in were sharp edged and clearly not cleaned properly. We formed good relationships with many guests and all were suffering with lips issues caused by the sharp burs on the rim of the plastic cups.

The staff at the bar started limiting the amount of drink requested by guests and in the evening even reduced the size of the plastic cups. At no time did I see any person in the hotel intoxicated. I estimated that a pint of lager would have equated to 4 or 5 plastic cups. It was not possible to receive that amount of alcohol from the bar staff who were clearly not trained stating that there was a limit.

The white wine was warm as there was no fridge behind the bar. I had to demand a glass but to cool the wine they used ice cubes from an unknown source.

Swimming Pool

The swimming pool was clean and I did see it tested on one occasion.

The baby pool was ideal for non swimmers or young children but there was no shallow end in the main swimming pool. I am a good swimmer but had to intervene on more than one occasion when non or weak swimmers got into difficulty. On one occasion I dragged a Turkish man from the water. The hotel staff were concerned for his safety and the owner spoke with him after the incident. He did not approach me and did nothing to ensure that the safety rings supplied were placed appropriately instead of used by bathers for fun. This was a dangerous scenario which the hotel did nothing to correct.

There was a safety notice in English but none of the regulations were imposed. This included the need to shower but the shower had been replaced by a dart board minus the darts.

Amenities

All amenities were poor, dirty and not as advertised.

Cleanliness

The hotel was filthy throughout. The cleaners used dirty mops to clean the dirty floors.

Room Tip: Look in the bathroom firsy
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2015

we went here on a last minute holiday, so we paid £500 for the both of us, when we arrived we got put in the rooms down near the slide, it was 3am, we went into the room and the air conditioning didnt work, also the toilet cystern had no mechonism in it so you couldnt even flush the toilet, the sink was stained and the paint was peeling off the doors, my husband went to reception and asked to be moved and we was told they would the following morning to which they did and we had a fantastic room, what we would of expected.
The food is very much of a muchness, but it was edible, breakfast was very Turkish so we did eat breakfast out every morning 2 euros, but i have to say if i could pay the same price next year i would go back, because you could pay that price for self catering
Also our room had a great view

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2015

1. Reception staff inadequate, incompetent inefficient.
2. violation of safety regulations
3. none of the rooms are equipped with everything perfect. Either air conditioning not working or telephone missing and fridge missing.
4. No english speaking programs on tv. No CNN, or BBC
5. There are two large swimming pools on the first terrace and third terrace. Very nice water but again, safety regulations violated. No shallow end and deep end. All of the pool is too deep (1.65m and 1.85m). you cannot stand anywhere even if you are 6ft tall.
6. No air conditioning in the restaurant or the reception area
7. No kettle in any room to make tea
How can you classify this hotel as a 4 star? you tell me.
No shower bathtub has got a hand grip or hand rail while you climb 2ft out
When I asked them to replace the broken towel rail, it was not done
I am not pleased
One of the unsatisfied customers
The senior receptionist asked me for extra payment for over stay from 12 noon to 8 pm when it was 7th night which I had paid for in full.
Poor quality and quantity of food and lacking variet. Same chicken everyday

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Mir S
Reviewed 17 September 2015 via mobile

Advertised as 4 star UK spoke to Danish visitors 1 stAr in Denmark. Hotel is very basic poor food poor hygiene standards but stAff very friendly. Cheap n cheerful hotel also all inclusive Drinks are wine vodkA raki gin local beer no activities at all. Music mostly Turkish. Would visit again for half the price. Did not meet expectations but cheap base if u want to explore. Resort is good loveTurkey.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
2.5 km away
Mandarin Resort
Mandarin Resort
#30 of 100 in Bodrum City

Been to Tenda Hotel? Share your experiences!