See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 7, 2015

Hotel Safir is a good hotel for the price I paid, through an Austrian tour operator, but would have been a very expensive one at their public rates, or the main booking sites' rates.

The hotel is very clean, and because of that it was really nice to stay. The housekeeping is also very friendly, and they are very helpful. The rooms are fine, and the garden is lovely. The other staff is also very helpful and friendly. The reception guys don't speak much English, but the guys at the bar do. And they are very helpful, so thank you for that!

The location is great, just away from all the loud beach noise, but really only about 50 meters from the beach. I went diving everyday, and could get to the marina in 10 minutes. It was just so comfortable.

At check-in, they ask you to pay 5 EUR/day for the aircondition, which was included in my price, but other guests were paying this high price. The aircondition in the room was not really working well, most of the time it was blowing hot air.

The breakfast was very disappointing - there is not even a toaster, or a coffee machine in the whole hotel. The Turkish kind of breakfast is always the same in every small hotel, which is very nice, so I was not expecting anything extra. But there is no coffee machine either in the bar or the breakfast room, and I think that's just a very careless decision from the management. Many people go out and pay to buy a decent coffee, as not everyone drinks Turkish tea. Also, I have never been to a hotel, where at the breakfast they do not offer cold water for drinking, or have at least 2 types of "juices" to choose from. The juice of course is not fresh juice, and I was not expecting that, but to have a choice would have been wonderful.

I worked as a travel agent for 20 years, and my main area was Turkey for at least 15, so I have stayed in all sorts of hotels, and breakfastwise the service was far better in even the smallest pensions. Would it take a lot of investment, to offer coffee, cold water, and perhaps a different kind of egg dish, not just boiled eggs? I was ok like this, as there was a great cafe at the marina where I could have a nice coffee each day, but I would have paid for it at Safir too. Maybe other guests would too?

Nevertheless, due to the lovely staff, the cleanliness and the location, I would go there again. It was really in a perfect spot.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed August 27, 2015

I enjoyed my time at Safir Hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was sufficient for ones needs. I stepped out of my room straight onto the pool and sunbeds. I didn't spend much time in my room as there is so much to do around the hotel and surrounding beach areas. All in all I had a really great time there.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank diann g
Reviewed August 27, 2015 via mobile

Basic clean room near to the beach and restaurants. You can eat there if you dont fancy going out As it has a its own restaurant Its a hotel with a lovely pool and bar with friendly staff that are always around to help if you need anything. Cleaner comes every day. Will definitely be going back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jayne J
Reviewed August 21, 2015

Spent 10 nights in this hotel in July. Stunning outside, very green and flowery, clean pool, nice bar area. Rooms very basic but comfortable and clean. Staff was absolutely amazing! I don't think we could have been treated any better. Will remember this holiday long thanks to them. Hotel is nice and close to the beach, but in a quiet location at the same time. There's bus to Bodrum just on the doorstep. Would definitely recommend!

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank wiki9494
Reviewed August 3, 2015 via mobile

We have just arrived home today after our stay at the safir. I was a little apprehensive after reading so many bad reviews. All i can say is that we had found a little hidden gem!! The staff were wonderful, very attentive, genuinely friendly and always had smiles on their faces! Special thanks to Han, what a great guy, you made us feel so welcome. The room is basic, typically turkish but very clean! We liked the rustic theme going on throughout the hotel! The pool was lovely, kept clean. Breakfast was great, again typically turkish, so dont expect cooked english unless you want to pay extra. The look of the safir is rustic and set in beAutiful gardens, around the pool it has a chilled out vibe which suited its setting, its about 50 yards
from the beach. Dont listen to the negative views about this place, it really is a hidden gem for the experienced traveller! We are already thinking of coming back next year! Well done to all at the safir! Keep smiling guys your doin a great job!!❤️

Date of stay: July 2015