“REPEAT CUSTOMER”
Review of Safir Hotel

Safir Hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Bitez B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 July 2016

I have stayed here before half a dozen times and always receive a warm welcome. The staff go out of their way to accommodate any requests made. This is a budget hotel and the rooms are a bit dated decor wise but they are spotlessly clean and each room looks onto the pool and has a small garden area or balcony each. I particularly like swimming and the pool is ideal for exercising because it is long and deep enough but is still fine for kids. The water is warm.
The bedroom door opens onto to a balcony or garden area with chairs and it is very pleasant to sit in the shade when it is too warm. Breakfast is what you would usually expect in Turkey and is buffet style seated beside the pool under a large tree. There is an option to eat in their own quaint restaurant at the front of the hotel.
Recently my daughter, baby and I went there on a walk and before they realised that I had booked there online for that evening, they immediately asked if we wanted to use the pool.
The hotel is a very short walk away from Bitez beach (less than a couple of minutes across the road and down a lane) and there is a handy shop selling everything you could need on holiday across the road in the other direction.
Give it a try. I have booked privately on booking.com and travel republic.

Room Tip: All are good but maybe if you like quiet, then a bit further away from the breakfast area.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Memoli2014

Reviewed 30 June 2016

We have stayed here many times and cannot praise it enough. Basic rooms but very clean and constant hot water. Beautiful pool area and so close to the beach. The staff here are fantastic nothing is too much trouble. Lovely restaurant on site. Would highly recommend this little gem to anyone. Thanks guys for another great holiday.....we will be back soon!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank susieg2604
Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

This is the 10th time we have stayed at the Safir Hotel. This is a fab little hotel, the staff can not do enough for you. It is basic but a very clean, great size pool, and a lovely restaurant too, great food at a reasonable price. Can't wait to go back again. Would highly recommend to anyone. Thanks Ergün, Akin, Bobby and the all rest of the staff for looking after us and making it another great holiday xx Karen & Sue

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karen S
Reviewed 5 June 2016

We have been visiting Bitez with the last 5 years. We are just back from a week there. We have never stayed in Safir Hotel but are planning to stay there on our next visit. We stopped there on the second night of our holiday for a bite to eat and had to keep returning as the food and ambiance was so good. Safir has a small restaurant and bar. The food is great and the cocktails are fabulous. The staff are lovely too. I would highly recommend a visit to this very pretty restaurant.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Martina C
Reviewed 23 May 2016

Where do I start with the Safir? We went to this hotel in July 14 on a B & B basis.
This has to be the worst place I have ever stayed, in terms of the rooms & the breakfast.
The bed was a very old, frayed, dirty mattress on the floor & to make matters worse it was broken.
The room was very dark with one very low wattage bulb in the high ceiling, no bedside tables or lamps.
The curtain didn't fit the window.
The bathroom was a death trap with an unsafe electric point and a shower that had a broken bracket & was so high that I could only just reach it & I'm 5' 7"! I had an accident when the shower hose took on a life of it's own & water went everywhere, soap in my eyes trying to unhook it from the wall my full bottles of shampoo etc fell off the cheap plastic tray & hit my foot which swelled so much I had to hobble to the nearest store to buy Crocs in the next size up as I couldn't find anything else I could walk in. This was all reported to the staff but they could not have cared less.
We ended up paying £150 to upgrade to one of 4 rooms they reserve for Turkish people, these rooms are not advertised!
The "breakfast" was a joke, no cooked food, no fruit, no tea, weak fruit juice, hard boiled eggs and sausages that looked like fossils, the counter tops were filthy, the bread was lovely though, every cloud....
I know some of you will think "It's Turkey, what does she expect?" but I have been to Turkey many times, my 1st trip was in the late 80's & I have to say the room I stayed in was very basic but compared to what the Safir offers it was like a boutique hotel. The Safir advertises itself as a budget hotel, we did not pay budget prices, with the cost of the upgrade we paid over £1,000.
It was the owners 1st season & she actually asked the Turkish guy staying in the room next to ours for his help after he had a go at her about the conditions of the breakfast area, he was scouting the area for a new business venture having sold his hotel, he asked her if she wanted to sell, I wish she had.
There were signs around the hotel banning the bringing in of food & drink from outside, not just to the pool area but also the rooms, on one occasion a lady had just returned from a day out & sat by the pool to finish a can of drink before going to her room, the owner marched up to her with one of the signs & waved it right under her nose, she is so lucky she didn't do that to me!
The outside space was lovely but on several occasions the staffs children took over the pool area & were very noisy & unsupervised even though there were signs prohibiting children from the area without an adult! Perhaps that just applies to paying guests!
I could go on but I will just end by saying this, I would not stay at this hotel even if they gave me a free holiday. One more thing, I have just noticed the photo at the top of this page, this is not a photo of a regular room !! It's like the one we paid to move to. I hope to post some photo's of my own.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2015

This is great hotel for couples, may not suit children as there is not much here for them except for a pool. The rooms are basic but for the price great value. There is a shower, dressing table, wardrobe, bed and small balcony. All in good nick and perfectly suitable as a base. The gardens and pool area are kept really clean and there are plenty of beds and parasols. Breakfast is Turkish (surprise, surprise) but they can do English and there are cornflakes, sugar puffs, eggs and bread for more fussy eaters. Best thing here is the staff at the bar, they make it so friendly and relaxing and will help with any problems you have. Which means there is a relaxing atmosphere where many people meet for a drink and chat. The hotel is in a great location just 5 mins walk to the front. It also has AC and safes available.

Room Tip: High floor for better views
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MRMz
Reviewed 9 October 2015

It's sad that I write this review but I can only tell you the truth. The staff here are great, as all our experiences of Turkish people over many years of coming here, unfortunately they have been let down by the owners of this hotel which has so much potential, therefore this review is not to apportion blame in their way. I know there were storms a few days before our arrival so the surrounds were not at their best and the pool was cloudy for a couple of days - nothing anyone could do about that, however there were full barrels of chemical lying around the back of one of the blocks- it's pretty dangerous stuff especially if kids are about and a large broken light globe was left lying around too! The hotel is basic, that's ok we are quite happy with that, but a lot of TLC was needed, our room had damp coming through from the wet room bathroom, no mosquito netting at all and the decorating needed more than a touch up. One plus was plenty of hot water at any time and once I mended the shower it was a good one. I presume at some time the beds had had castors or legs but they were long gone which made the divan base and oldish mattress a very low affair. The linen was changed regularly with the towels but both beds always had holes in the cover sheet and sometimes in the pillowcases and bottom sheet too (it was random) Everyone says it was clean and it pretty much was if a mop of the floor is all you are looking for, at no time was a surface touched. Also I was a bit peeved to see the cleaner had made hearts out of the towels with flowers (that I also find nice usually) On the last day but one and put her envelope with HousekeepingTip written on. Peeved because we ALWAYS leave tips and have never ever had a blatant request before. The room had a small balcony which was not unusual but if you are going to put painted chairs out do them properly. Ok so what goes on outside - poll was a good size with a kiddies bit and lots of sunbeds - the brollies were lovely but a few of the sunbeds were broken and the mattresses were the thinnest oldest and outright dirtiest I have ever seen. The bar and staff were great but the breakfast/eating area outside was under a tree that dropped sap, this meant if you leant on the table it was sticky and if you walked on the patio it was as if some gremlin was determined to fix you in place by grasping you by the foot to stop you walking away. 2 days before we left they actually managed to put the chairs on the tables and wash it properly. What was breakfast like? Just ok, in fact only just ok, like everything about the place it was a minimum. Lots of reviewers will say I am being picky, I'm not this really is the truth of this hotel as it was this September . The tragedy is it could be so so nice with some effort by the owners to put things right, it is not fair on the staff or unsuspecting clients who I suspect in a typically British way make excuses for lack of effort by them. One plus side is that is only a very short walk to get to the beach which has loads of reall comfy clean sunbeds which were free. Honestly if the improvements were put in place it would be a good place to stay but not as it is now.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple