The star rating (5) was typically exaggerated. More like a 3.5 (ie. a little better than standard business class). Its staff are friendly and willing and the rooms are clean and well presented. The main buffet restaurant is relatively small for an all-inclusive resort and the choices of food both rather limited and repetitive. On the plus side, one can dine in some privacy and pretty surroundings at an a la carte restaurant (for some reason there were few takers) with a rotating series of 3 or 4 different cuisines. So much nicer to have personal service.
The site is a little oddly shaped, rather like a pizza slice with a couple of bites taken out. This meant going out of the hotel in order to locate two adjacent pool/bar/restaurant areas. The lack of flow made the experience somewhat less congenial.
On the plus side, Arzu, the Customer Relations officer could not do enough to help and her assistance was particularly valuable during a minor medical emergency.
The location is convenient for both Gumbet (walking distance) and Bodrum, a short Dolmuz bus ride away. The Dolmuz minibuses pass within 100 metres of the hotel every few minutes until late at night. From the terminal, one can also get onward trips to other nearby towns, including Turgutreis, a developing resort wee worth a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Asarlik Beach is a modern built seaside hotel overlooking Gumbet Beach, 3 km away from Bodrum city center and 35 km away from airport. With the belief of " away from noise but close to the fun " it is waiting to fulfill the guests' holiday expectations. Royal Asarlik Beach is a modern built seaside hotel overlooking Gumbet Beach, 3 km away from Bodrum city center and 35 km away from airport. With the belief of "away from noise but close to the fun" it is waiting to fulfill the guests' holiday expectations. 7 Days a week the animation team will liven up the guests' holiday with daytime activities, shows, competitions, sketches and special themed show night. 4-12 Aged mini club is waiting their children. Water sport possibility on the beach. The guests will definitely find something fitting to their enjoy. In a 6 story main building there are 353 rooms. Modern and classic style decorated rooms have air conditioning, satellite TV, minibar, safe box, direct dial telephone, hair dryer, balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Asarlik Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Asarlik Beach Gumbet
- Asarlik Beach Hotel
- Royal Asarlik Beach Hotel Gumbet