New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #4 of 119 Hotels in Gumbet
Merseyside
“Utter Turkish Delight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

Went on all inclusive package last month. The room was great though we were disappointed to be given two single beds on arrival having specified a double. Pleasingly, this was sorted out immediately with minimal fuss.

The room was always kept very neat and tidy. Some may criticise them for needing updating but I don't really agree and why is that a problem unless you want to go on holiday and stare at four walls. Mini bar was always well stocked. Walls for your room will be paper thin so don't expect not to hear a load of noise at times.

The standard of service and welcome from reception and all staff was excellent.

The food varied wildly, lots of choice, some of the desserts really did border on inedible, and other food goes cold a little quickly, but overall plenty filling enough. You can book the Italian, Med or Turkish restaurant once during the week and in my view the Italian was exceptionally good. Extremely impressed (we didn't take up the other two).

The entertainers do a terrific job albeit I found they were a bit overbearing round the pool area at times when peace and quiet might have been appreciated (maybe I am getting a bit old). There is a shooting area and table tennis which to be frank are dangerously close together but a shame they have no mini golf. All age ranges are very well catered for.

The evening entertainment wouldn't win any awards but full credit to the team for their enthusiasm and sense of fun, which definitely added to the holiday. It was free and given I have paid to watch far worse on occasion, I have no complaints. At one point they even arranged a game of bingo at a quiet time of the day and I found the caller was hilarious.

If you are new you might be asked by a rep if you'd like a Turkish bath with massage in the hotel. Personally, I thoroughly recommend it and as early as possible in the holiday to help your tan. You get a full hour for what equates to £35 and it was outstandingly good value.

We were all inclusive but the fact we only left the resort for the town a couple of times (special mention here for Mr Frogs pub, as friendly as any I have ever visited either abroad or here.), I think is a big tribute to the quality of whats on site.

I could probably list about a dozen niggles at various times but it would be churlish to say the least. This resort deserves no less than a four star rating.

Room Tip: How about asking for room 6132.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Steve_Faulkner
badeoral, Guest Relations Manager at WOW Bodrum Resort, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your compliments about us. We are so pleased to know you had a memorable holiday. I will pass your comments to all our staff as this is the greatest motivation for all of us. It will be a pleasure to welcome you here for a memorable WOW Bodrum Resort holiday. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further help for your future vacations. Best regards, Bade

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012 via mobile

Myself and my mum went to the wow on 1st-8th may and had the most amazing time. It cost me £600 for the 2 of us for the week, all inclusive, transfers included, so I wasn't expecting the ritz, but was pleasantly surprised. Hotel is amazing, clean, nice friendly staff, the animation team are brilliant. Big hello to 'Jus Timberlake' 'Jackson' & 'Begum'. Resturants are good too. Literally can eat & drink all day every day.

Bad points - location - its 10 lira into Gumbet or a walk on the beach. Beach is man made & alot of the bars/shops weren't open when we went! If the hotel moved into the centre it really would be perfect.

I've been to marmaris 5 times & would prefer to go to marmaris if I was to rerun to turkey as its cheaper, busier & alot more going on. However, the wow is brilliant like I say, just the location for us!

Kerina :)

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Kerina22
badeoral, Guest Relations Manager at WOW Bodrum Resort, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your nice comments. It is great to hear that you had a memorable holiday. It was a pleasure serving you and will be an honor to welcome you here again. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further help for your future vacations. Best regards, Bade
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

We have been to this hotel for the past three years , and we are returning to this hotel again in August. This hotel is VERY clean with beautiful surrounding & staff . These staff members are very kind and helpful . Me & My Family have been to many countries and hotel but so far this has been the best one . There is so much i could say in this review about the amazing food and the service and very clean rooms and so many more , i could say to anyone try this hotel because i know they would love it . Don't listen to any of the other reviews saying that this hotel isn't good because its amazing . Some of the reviews state the the room need updating this is true but who sits in there rooms on holiday ? There Very comfortable and the mini bar inside the room is very good too . This hotel is very good for all ages and very good for family's with young children as it's a very safe hotel . Can't Wait For Our Holiday , And A Big Hello To All The Staff :) The Wood Family xx <3

Room Tip: All The Rooms Are Lovely
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Donna W
Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your great compliments. I will pass your comments to all our staff as this is the greatest motivation for all of us. You can be assured that we will keep on working hard to deserve those nice words. It was a pleasure to meet and serve you here, so please do not hesitate to contact me for further help for your August vacation. It will be a great pleasure for us to serve you again. Best regards, Bade
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

My hubby and me have just got back after two glorious weeks at the hotel WOW.It was well named WOW .Everything was great especially the animation team . Chico and the rest of team were realy good they included everyone young and old .The young girl serving icecream was lovely and so funny .All the staff in restaurant were nice only had one unpleasant one ,he must have been having a bad day.In the lobby bar at night the waiters were great they always remembered what drinks you had.My husband had his birthday when there we went to italian restaurant. Staff decorated the table and made a fuss of him it was very nice .I would like to say the lovely house keeper was very very nice ,she spoke to us every day and one day made our room special. Thank you hotel wow for great time .

Room Tip: higher floor
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank josephine82
Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your compliments. You can be assured that we will always keep on working hard to deserve those nice words. I will pass your comments to all our staff as this is the greatest motivation for all of us. It was a pleasure and will be an honor to welcome you here for a memorable WOW Bodrum Resort holiday. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further help for your future vacations. Best regards, Bade
Ridderkerk, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

We have just got back from WOW Bordum Resort and must say WE LOVED IT. Everything was great! Especially the animation team, they have made our lovely vacation to more we could ever expect! THANKS YANA, CHICO, JUSTIMBERLAKE, JACKSON AND THE REST.
We really can't wait to go back there and that is defenatly going to happen. Keep up the good work. See you soon!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank Fleur v
Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your great comments about us. It was a pleasure for us to serve you. I will pass your comments to our animations team and to all our staff as there is no greater motivation than your words. It will be a great pleasure for us to welcome you here again. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further help for your future vacations. Best regards, Bade
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

I've never actually written a review on here, but because I had such a good time I thought I would for this hotel :)
I went away from the 30th April - 7th May, so literally just got back...

But yes, went with one other friend and we had the best time. Everyone was really friendly, the staff were helpful and the rooms were cleaned everyday. The food at the hotel was really good, lots to choose from so there was definitely something for everyone.
If you're looking for a good night out then I would suggest going from the third week of May as that when the season properly starts. When we arrived we were a little worried about how many old people/family/couples were there but that's just because it was little too early in the season. It was still a fun night out, and was actually good it being quiet as it meant you could have a proper chat with some of the locals. The entertainment staff from the hotel were amazing too, they always tried to get you involved, with different activities in the day and in the evening they often organised group trips out to clubs. It meant you could properly meet other people from the hotel.
I was a little surprised by how much the drinks were out. A little more than I'd expected it was about ranged from about 13 - 18TL for a nice cocktail in some of the bars (beers were cheap though about 5TL), but then again we got lots of free drinks too, so can't really complain! It's very easy to get to Bodrum and Gumbet as well as there is a 24 hour bus (costs 2.75 TL). Taxis from Bodrum 25 TL from Gumbet about 15 TL or you can walk to Gumbet in about 20 minutes. It was very easy to haggle the prices down though, so if you're in a group it actually made it cheap to travel back after a night out.

But yeah to sum up GOOD POINTS: -EVERYTHING
BAD POINTS: -Going early in May isn't very busy for nights out. Go from around the 18th onwards! But then again for the time that we went we got such a good deal, so it kind of made up for it.
- Lots of stairs in the hotel, which I didn't mind but if you're disabled/have kids then I'd say this hotel wouldn't really be that suitable for you!
- Having to come home :(

Room Tip: We stayed in room 7532 which was at the very top so it meant we had a good view.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sara B
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

Just been reading some reviews on here and thought i better put our review on here, we went sept 2011 and had the best holiday ever , had a lovely clean room comfy bed very quite when you went to bed no noise at all, beautiful surroundings, very clean pools, food very fresh and there soups are to die for mmm, please don't be put of by bad reviews you can't please everyone, i'm fussy but could not fault this place, 10 mins walk into gumbet town which is booming, would go back time and time again xx we are in our 40's by the way x

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank elizabeth w
Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your great comments about us. It was a pleasure for us to meet and serve you. I will pass your comments to all our staff as there is no greater motivation than your words. It will be an honor to welcome you here again. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further help for your future vacations. Best regards, Bade
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
0.4 km away
Bodrum Beach Resort
Bodrum Beach Resort
#8 of 119 in Gumbet
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,027 reviews

Been to WOW Bodrum Resort? Share your experiences!