“Siesta Beach Apartments, Gumbet”

Siesta Beach Apartments
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Like everyone else you get really confused with all the reviews. I would just like to add my comments regarding my recent holiday to Turkey. Not a place I really fancied and certainly not self catering! having been spoilt with the Caribbean holidays i have taken. What can I say?? It was a brilliant holiday, the Hotel was excellent, really clean and certainly had no complaints from getting there to leaving. There were three of us in our apartment and there was plenty of room for all of us without bumping into each other. The utensils that were there were immaculate, I have a terrible thing about using knives, forks cups etc and even took my own but never used them. The fridge was clean too!! The only complaint had to be the air conditioning, we paid £30 for the week but the actual air conditioning only covered the bedroom which seemed a bit stupid as we spent a fair bit of time in the lounge area getting ready and generally chilling out. Well if that was the only complaint what can you say?! The beach was not particulary great and we only spent appeox 2 days there, after that we went up to the roof top pool. This was heaven, the pool was really clean and we ate breakfast, lunch there most days.

If anyone has any doubts about this hotel you need not worry! I would definately go back there!!!

Thank you Siesta Beach for a great holiday!!!!!

1  Thank pattiManchester

Reviewed 30 September 2011

Have just returned this morning from siesta beach apartments and wanted to add a review so people can see from all angles before they travel. I am gutted to be back from gumbet and am looking to book up again for next year. After a long journey to turkey we finally arrived at the apartments at apx six in the morning and were shown to our room 234. On entering I was immediately disappointed as we had clearly been allocated a room that had not been refurbished. The room was a decent size for the four of us, two adults a six year old and a twelve year old, but the general cleanliness and upkeep was not good. The sofa beds were filthy, but the sheets to cover them were clean so I was happy. The bedroom was outdated but generally clean. The bathroom was my biggest gripe, towel rail hanging off the wall, soap dish mouldy, water dripping through the open beams above. This said I looked at my friends room and hers was lovely, recently refurbished. We did ask to move rooms but the hotel was fully booked. We didn't let it ruin our holiday though as we spend so little time in the room anyway. The maid service wasn't fab but they changed the towels and thankfully nothing of ours was stolen. We had a room at the back of the hotel and u can still hear the music going till early hours but once your in your room and balcony door is closed it really isn't that noticeable, besides we were so tired from the days activities that we slept like babies, my kids weren't disturbed by the music at all so I was happy. We ate there a few times and it was ok, but there are some really nice places to eat in gumbet so you're best off exploring. Jacks place was the best, carpedium is where we spent a lot of our days as they let you use the pool too which has a decent water slide for the kids, the Columbian steak house was delicious too. Saw a lot of good reviews for the windy bay but was so disappointed as the food was tasteless so didn't go back. All in all we had a fantastic time, I'm not put off by the room at all and would quite happily book there for next year but would ask for newer room. The staff were always helpful and had so much time for the kids I would recommend these apartments for that alone.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 24 September 2011

i booked this hotel in feb,and decided it wasnt for me due to 5am noise from dolphin bar???/brochure stated suitable for families,therefor if this was the case music should have been turned down at 2am,which i was told was the case,tried to get a refund has i didnt want my holiday ruined by the noise was told cant have a refund,so with no option changed to self-catering in altinkum,latest reviews at siesta music still on till 5am,not suitable for families,18/30 only,if that was in 18/30 brochure then wouldnt have booked in the first place,well see what lame excuse first choice have regarding this,and see if next yr hotel will be be in 18/30 brochure,waiting for a reply from first choice,dont book with this company as once they got your money thats it,hope this helps.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank babzdevon
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Before I start this review, this was my 10th time in Turkey and I have always been to the Bodrum area. I know Turkey is known to be basic and I am not usually fussy, I have included such detail so you can all make an informed decision before choosing your accomodation.

Arrived Thursday afternoon after a pleasant flight with Thomsons. We arrived in reception and were taken to our room which was number 236 which seemed to be at the very back of the hotel and a long walk in the heat with our suitcases. After seeing the room we were not impressed, it resembled a prison cell; dark, tiny and filthy, there were dark stains in the bath, marks on all the walls and blood on one of the pillows, this is not what we expected from first choice accomodation. After debating whether to complain me and my friend made the long walk back to reception to say we were not happy. We were immediately given another room, they didnt even argue so they must have known the room was bad, our 2nd room number 101 was much nicer, twice the size and much brighter. We were happy we had complained and we moved much closer to the pool. We were charged £30 for air con, if I were you don't bother, we had it on all day and you couldnt notice the difference. We didn't opt for a safety deposit box as that was £15 a week, I didn't like the fact the safety deposit box was not in the room, but after having money taken from our room from two separate purses I regretted that decision and this infact spoiled the hotel for us. No matter which room you are in you are unlikely to get any sleep as music is playing extremely loud till at least 4am, it is not turned down at midnight either, so expect to hear banging dance music and screaming girls unless you take your earplugs with you. Although this is a 3 star property don't expect much from the maid service, we had to ask for toilet roll one day as we weren't stocked up, our clean towels were just dumped in the living room and I don't think they ventured into our bedroom untill the day our money went missing. I have visited this hotel before but alot of the staff who used to work there have moved on and this time it seem to lack the spark it used to have.

The beach is very close to the hotel and the man who works on the beach is very helpful and polite and takes a genuine interest in how you are. The beach here is free which is great and its lovely to look out at sea and see the boats docked and the geese swimming by.

We opted for the half board option, again this was disappointing, breakfast is bread, cheese, olives, hardboiled eggs and some cereal which is pretty much standard for turkish breakfasts but although the dinner was warm and edible, there was no choice, 1 meat dish, salad, bread, rice and wedges, not sure it would be the place to eat if you have children. There are so many wonderful restaurants in Gumbet you will be missing out by eating in all the time anyway. Food is very reasonable in Gumbet too, you must try Sami restaurant and the Tempo, excellent value and huge portions, normally followed by free fruit and cocktails.

Bar street is the place to be in Gumbet if you like it lively, there are many bars all playing the latest tunes and they are open till the early hours. There are quieter more relaxed bars along the beach in Gumbet aswell.

I think Gumbet is a wonderful place to visit, nice bars and restaurants, friendly staff, and plenty for everyone to do but I wouldn't recomend this hotel unless you are after an '18-30's' or 'Twenty's' holiday.

2  Thank valentine21
Reviewed 16 September 2011

just got back from staying at the siesta. Been going to Turkey for years so know what to expect and had never to complain before. Went with family and got there about 2pm. Taken to our rooms which were out the way. By the way if your dissabled dont go as no lifts and a lot of stairs. Could tell as soon as opened door it had never been used as the stale smell hit you,and was nothing like the photos. Had'nt even been cleaned had false nails still on floor and mainly just 2 beds. My husband open up the sheet still had urine stains on it i felt sick. My sisters was as bad. Went down to complain and was told cannot do nothing till morning as no roooms vacant. Had to stay there also ants crawling on floor. Manager put us in there as he thought were 18-30. So if young beware not to get room no 231. had no pateo and grass was all overgrown. Moved rooms next day as other people went home.New rooms approvment but near bottom pool. I l ike loud music but you need to take earplugs as go on to 5am in the morning. Not for families with young children. Top pool better. Hotel bit away from bars and resturants but olnly take a nice 15 min stroll on the beach to get there and nice and hot. two nice places to eat is the Indian resturant opp the x bar.Very nice and cheap. Also Divers which is just around the corner.Apart from the hotel we had a brill holls and deffentley will be going to Turkey again.Hotel was more for 18-30

2  Thank teresadawn
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I travelled with 3 friends all of us aged 19-21 and we had the time of our lives, from the moment we arrived the staff couldn't do enough for us, they literally ran to help us with our bags off the coach and show us to our rooms. We stayed in an apartment which was basic but had all we needed, the cooking facilities weren't great but as we ate out a lot this didn't really matter to us. The location is great, the beach is literally opposite the downstairs bar and Siesta have their own little section, the bartenders will even bring drinks over to you on the beach it's that close! About 5-10 minute walk away from all of the restaurants, really recommend Dreams! Cost us 27 lire each (approx £11/12) for a 3 course meal with steak as the main, a drink and a fishbowl, really good food and you can't argue with the prices! The hotel staff were also really helpful excursion wise, if you ask at the bar about the boat trips (which i highly recommend if you want a good day of tanning) you can get them way cheaper than going with the reps. If you're out there for clubbing if you turn right at any point after dreams you come to bar street, felt like we were somewhere like Magaluf not Turkey! Clubs are really good, X bar, Shakers and Outback bar were personal favourites and there are a lot of drinks offers too to get you into clubs etc, even if you don't fancy going offsite the downstairs Dolphin Bar generally had music on til 4/5 in the morning. We preferred the upstairs pool as it was generally quieter but no matter what time you get up and go to the pool there are always plenty of loungers available. Overall the hotel seemed perfect for everyone, families, older couples, couples and young groups as the staff are just as attentive to everyone and make sure everyone has a good time. We loved it so much we're already planning our next trip but for 2 weeks not 1!

1  Thank Kirsten E
Reviewed 10 September 2011

what can a say apart from a massive thank you to Akin, Jd, Nico, Jiggy Jiggy, Ufuk and more for a fantastic holiday and one never to forget. they made us feel very welcome and couldn't do enough for you. one of the best hotels i have ever stayed in and we were a group of 7 and we all thought the same.... very clean, pools are great along with the entertainment and the food is lovely too... The Turkish BBQ on a wed nite is a must, the food is to die for, beautiful and so much of it too..... for a 3* hotel this is certainly well worth every penny and more..... boat trips are great and worth the £16 as all inclusive with lunch thrown in and is from 10ish in the morning through to 5pm so a day well spend..... we loved it so much here we are thinking abt goin bk oin oct before the season finishes and will defo be goin bk here next year.... thank you all so much for a holiday we shall all never forget...... hotel rooms and surroundings are beautiful and their is a photographer that takes photo's of u on the beach with sunsets and they are worth every penny....

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family