All reviews detox program raw food master detox juice bar weight loss circuit training nice villa off peak season healthy lifestyle very friendly reception staff mary's house visiting bodrum aqua gym pillow menu five nights special thanks spa facilities
Reviewed January 2, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful location, stunning panoramic views, just 10 min drive from Turgutreis center. Helpful smiley faces stuff, highly developed infrastructure, rich spa facilities. Ideal for quality relaxing holiday. Definitely coming back

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2017 via mobile

This hotel really had mixed reviews when it came to mind. It had some of the most spectacular views in the world, however, the service is very much lacking. This is a shame as I cannot describe how beautiful the views are of this hotel. Would I stay here again? Yes. But bearing in mind there was a great need to improve and I hope the senior management do take note of the following points. I would state that this hotel is 3.5 to 4 Star hotel in the current state.

Pros
- Absolutely magnificent views
- The Bar staff & shisha man in the pool bar in the evening provided excellent service
- Massages were well worth the money. Not my kind of thing but you could get cosmetic surgery on site.
- The price of the hotel is highly competitive compared to other regions of Bodrum. The location was ideal between Yalikavak & Bodrum Centre.
- The local towns near Sianji had wonderful local restaurants
- You can take day boating trips from the platoon which I highly recommend.

- one big point to make about this hotel, it looks like a design of a beautiful beach party hotel (ie a Nikki Beach), however, is as quiet as a mouse. It is great if you want to be in a quiet/not a energetic vibe but could be a bit of a dull atmosphere if you are not wanting this.

Cons
- Incredibly bad internet. Other places in Bodrum seemed to be much better (even in the local town)
- Restaurants only open certain hours. If you miss breakfast/lunch hours, you can only have food served in your room. All 5 star hotels provide food at all hours. This is unacceptable to be told to wait for another 2-3 hours until they reopen.
- Refuse to serve food unless in restaurant - not on platoon & pool bar. Once again, never have I seen around the world where food has been banned around the pool & beach area, although alcohol can be served
- The Pool towel man will take 2 x 1 hr break & the hotel does not provide someone to cover their shift - can't get access to beach towels
- "Beach" Elena restaurant rarely open - although this does provide the opportunity to view local restaurants (and these are fantastic!)
- The gym doesn’t open until 8am (I went down at 7.30am and was told to wait in the lobby reception). The gym is also very bad quality for a wellness resort. Aircon was poor and the few machines were very old
- Needs a bit of a refurb. There was broken glass, paint missing from some of the walls etc. presentation could have been better but when we stayed it was end of season so I hope they take time to do maintenance over the winter
- Staff not educated on local knowledge is. Where the ATM is etc. The cleaners were also quite rude - we had the penthouse and they kept wanting to clean at 9am which we told them was too early. Some would roll their eyes at us etc. When we were paying the price we were each week, this is not acceptable behavior from the staff.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank MPP86
Reviewed December 13, 2017

There are both positive and negative aspects for my 12 night stay at SIANJI WELLBEING RESORT – participating in the Master Detox program.

I want to give a fair and balanced review – and not let one negative experience at the MUU SPA (which I believe is managed separately from the Resort – although located within the Resort) shade the entire review.

So I waited 2 weeks before posting this review - I wish I could rate the SPA seperately.

I have been doing an annual detox each year for the last 5 years – so have some experience to compare with for the Detox program.

The entire stay was marred by this one experience at the MUU SPA towards the end of my stay.
During my 12 day stay I had booked various spa treatments throughout my stay (and all the treatments bar this one, were professionally carried out by the other therapists) – the spa sub-contracts certain services to outside therapists who come to MUU SPA to carry out some of the treatments. The treatment in question was a holistic massage (Abhyanga & Bolus Bag Therapy). Straight from the start, the female therapist (I am a male) was in the room and asked me to strip completely for the massage – not a problem, many massage treatments are done unclothed – however she stayed in the room and waited. First warning bell. I had to use my hand to cover myself – no towel or disposable underwear were offered. Massage on my back – fine. Time to roll over – no towel offered. She asked me to do a cat-cow stretch on the table to stretch out before rolling over. Still no towel. So feeling very uncomfortable – I try to stretch with one hand covering my privates before being told to roll onto my back. Warning bell number two. There I am on my back – both hands covering my privates waiting until a towel is placed over me. Feeling very uncomfortable by this stage – the massage continues down my entire left side – so the towel had been folded down and was just covering my crotch and right leg – very normal for a massage indeed.
Then came the banger! For some reason to continue, she started to peel the towel back across my right leg – leaving my crotch totally exposed. At this point I had had enough – I jumped up, covered myself up – told her I was feeling incredibly uncomfortable, and there is no reason why she would need to expose my crotch to continue the massage. I asked her to leave as I did not want to continue the massage. Her reply during this was “relax, it’s OK”…… no it was not.
After I composed myself, I went to the 2 ladies that were on the front desk and advised I wanted to make a complaint about the massage that I had just received – and relayed in detail what had happened. They were both in agreeance that there should always be towels provided for modesty coverage during massages at the SPA, and apologized for the experience and said they would relay to the Management, and also advised me to talk to the Detox Specialist from SIANJI of the situation. The next day I spoke to the detox specialist and relayed the entire story – she agreed the behavior of the therapist was not professional – and I advised her that I did not think I should pay for that particular massage. She thought that was reasonable.
Two days later I approached the front desk of the MUU SPA again (after having a Hamman treatment the day before, and another booked for that day) and made my request that I did not want to pay for that particular massage. A gentleman was seated with the lady (who was one of the ones I originally spoke to after the incident) whom she referred to, so I assume he was the Manager. I retold the story entirely – and he advised that they would not be cancelling the payment for the treatment.
His response was he had already spoken to the therapist, and she said she did nothing wrong – and she has done work for hem for 5 years. He did not have a response, when I asked what purpose for part of the massage therapy would require the removal of the towel, exposing my crotch? At this he just repeated, it is too late to cancel. At this point I said I would take the matter up with the Hotel Manager – got up and walked to the hotel lobby.
Now the other massage treatments I had during my stay – I must point out, the other therapists did what you would expect in any spa in a five star resort to do: leave the room while you undress and lay on the table / cover you with a towel / provide cover with the towel while you roll over. So I know this feature was not unusual for this SPA for other massage treatments or therapists within the spa. The Hotel Management again apologized for the experience – and to my relief, agreed that this cost would be waived. Thank you Sianji Resort.
And like I said – all other therapists were great – especially the male therapist (I have forgotten his name – apologies) doing the Hamman treatments – fantastic.

The Resort:
My stay was at the end of November (off peak season) – so it was not hot enough for swimming, and was at times windy and cool with some rain. There were hardly any guests, which was great. But the Resort is located near Turgutreis and there is nothing around. So I had the benefit of off season rates – but not a lot of excitement and not the usual gorgeous weather for the Aegean Coast of Turkey.
Pro – very nice resort with lots of amenities – fantastic views of the Aegean.
Pro – I had a great King Suite (2 stories) with sea views. Great room – totally recommend.
Pro – onsite spa with a variety of therapies – they also had a number of cosmetic-medical based therapies available in addition to the usual spa options which was a bonus.
Pro – staff are great (with the exception of the above mentioned)
Con – a little on the costly side
Con – nothing much around outside of the resort

The Detox Program:
My past experience, the detox programs are very similar in their structure with only slight variations. The SIANJI was similar to the other programs I have experienced (mostly in Thailand).
Pro – great staff for support
Pro – they would bring your juices to your room if you requested – not sure if the staff would have time for this during peak times when they would be busy.
Pro – large dedicated space for detox participants attached to the spa
Pro – daily colon hydrotherapy
Pro – included a number of daily group activities (such as yoga, Pilates, nature walks)
Con – no spa treatments included in the daily rate (all add on costs)
Con – a little on the expensive side
Con – no variety in the daily juices

All in all – until the one negative experience at the MUU SPA – I had enjoyed my stay. A little on the costly side (compared to Thailand) – but the Detox Program is professionally managed, and has great facilities and support staff.

Room tip: King Suites with ocean views are amazing - two levels with amazing views. Worth the extra $$
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank Kyle S
Yucel K, Guest Relations at Sianji Wellbeing Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2017

Dear Our Valuable Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for sharing your detailed feedback on your recent stay.

We appreciate all your comments regarding our hotel and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are committed to provide the exceptional Sianji experience for our guests and we are extremely sad that you had one negative experience at the Spa.

At Sianji Wellbeing Resort we value our guest’s feedbacks and that helps us to improve our service. We are also continuously training our staff. Our team is highly devoted to providing a unique Sianji experience to every guest who chooses our hotel.

Among your positive comments, we feel very sorry for the experience that you had. Our guest approach is highly personalized and everyone who works at Sianji Wellbeing Resort should be there for every guest, ready to listen about both positive and negative sides of his/her stay.

On behalf of Sianji Wellbeing Resort, I apologize for the unpleasant part of your stay and we hope to welcome you back soon again at Sianji Wellbeing Resort.

Reviewed October 23, 2017

Saw the place looking online whilst in Dubai. Anywhere in UAE was too hot. Forfeited flight home and flew via Istanbul to Bodrum. Pick up and detox arranged by Health and Fitness Travel.com. Did Master detox programme and cannot speak highly enough of Duygu the detox specialist and resident Dr Metin Ulusan who were monitoring everything we did. We are both over 70 and did our best to take part in the exercises and yoga . The best part was the Aqua Gym, which people of all abilities could take part. The worst part was it was only on alternate days. The accommodation was first class and lectures and cookery classes (by Ali) and translated by Duygu were top notch.At the end of 2 weeks I had dropped just over a stone and my friend just under.
There were a lot of different nationalities there and quite a few of them were repeat guests. I can understand why. We both will hopefully be returning next year in the spring. All our friends back home complimented on how well we looked.

Room tip: Venus villas have early morning sun only, but with a very long walk in pool The sea facing rooms have sun most of the day
Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank georgehouse4646
Yucel K, Guest Relations at Sianji Wellbeing Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2017

Dear Our Valued Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and taking your time to post your review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent visit in Sianji Wellbeing Resort.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed the activities and cooking class.

Our mission is offering high quality, luxury and comfort for a dream like holiday experience for our all valued guests at our unique location. Your satisfaction is always our top priority.

We hope to welcome you back soon again at Sianji Wellbeing Resort.

Reviewed October 4, 2017

Besides having one of the most beautiful and relaxing views in Bodrum. Sianji’s friendly and always ready to help staff, spacious rooms that make you feel at home, walking/running course inside the hotel, and its numerous events and activities made it very difficult for us to leave. We will definitely stay there when we are back to Bodrum. Special thanks to Ms. Ceyda Eren who was always there for us with her smiling face solving any issue and to Ms. Nuran who found our belongings we forgot in the room that were shipped to us immediately. Thank you for all and see you next time.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Fener1907bahce

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for giving your time to make such a nice comment about our hotel.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to meet your expectations. We appreciate all your comments regarding our property, staff and services.

Satisfaction of our guests is our primary concern and every positive feedback motivates us more to provide an excellent service and a truly unique experience to make our guests feel comfortable.

Thank you again for choosing Sianji Wellbeing Resort, we will be very much looking forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future.