See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 11, 2015 via mobile

We are here now lovely hotel very pleasant staff cant do enough for you 10minute walk to town center lovely view from hotel food nice very Turkish has shud be when in turkey sunset from hotel brill lovely peacfull hotel

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank lady1812
Reviewed October 11, 2014 via mobile

Were due to come here on tuesday 14th October, 4 days before we are due to come on holiday we are told they are now for some reason not able to take our booking so have been having to sort out a new hotel at very short notice... not impressed!

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Melissa W
Reviewed September 13, 2014 via mobile

I arrived at this hotel early hours on Tuesday the 9th September by Thursday afternoon around 4 I checked out ..! 3 days was enough ... On arrival I was shown to a room ... No lights so was shown to another room .. No lights .. My 3rd room was top floor with a nice sea view so was quite happy , I went for a little wonder round pool to see what I had paid for, plates and glasses where on most tables by ripped sunbeds but thought maybe they had a busy day ... On the Tuesday I went into town of turgutries what is a 40 odd min walk away (phew) to return to the hotel around 3 , still dirty plates glasses etc on the tables next to sunbeds .. I thought I'd sit by pool for an hour to catch some sun so sat on a Sunbed thinking I need an ashtray so tried to grab one from the table but it was stuck fast by what I'd say was syrup , spilt beer from god knows when !! Pool still had plastic cups , straws , fag butts floating in it yet the staff was still sitting by the bar playing there board game .. Wednesday was the same , still dirty plates etc and still no room clean or fresh towels or bedding .. So my 3rd day. Woke up to no power or water so went out for the day arriving back to this hotel at 3 in afternoon STILL same dirty plates and glasses by the pool .. STILL no clean towels or bedding or empty loo bin what was starting to smell by now so I packed my bag and checked out ... This is a dirty hotel with staff that do nothing all day apart from drink and play board games , I can't comment on food as looking at pool area I was not going to risk eating here .. OVIOD LIKE THE PLAGUE or ya be going home having cached it .. I would not stay here if they offered me a free week .. Yuk !!

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank turkish1768
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Just got back from a week here 2 days ago. When I arrived I felt it was a bit set back from the main centre of Turgutreis and we were the last stop on the transfer so it took a while. Our main bedroom looked out on to the main road which was not attractive, however our lounge looked out over the most stunning view of the islands and the sunset each night that i have ever seen! If I was going again I would request a room on the side not looking out over the road... but we did not experience any problems with road noise which we thought might be the case!
We were the only English family at the hotel everyone else were Turkish. Again on reflection we felt unsure about this but in hindsight all of the people we spoke to were so so friendly and actually much more polite and less rowdy than UK tourists that we have experienced on other holidays! The food was very Turkish which I liked - it made a change not to be offered all English food everynight, and after all we were in Turkey. There were burgers and chips offered by the pool everyday however for those guests who really didnt get on with the Turkish cuisine. The staff at the resort were very friendly, extremely hard working and kept it very clean. They were also happy to help with anything, and a big tip I would offer anyone going is that the management can arrange all of your day trips that your tour operator will offer you at less than half the price. We paid £200 for a boat trip round the islands (all inclusive) for 4 people, and that was with our tour operator. The manager was able to sort the same trip for £90! The other tip I would offer is the buses which head in to town each day are about £1 per person each way, and we used them every day - but we found out in the last 2 dys that taxis for the 4 of us only worked out £150 more and there was no waiting about.
On Saturdays there is an incredible (huge) market in the centre... don't waste your money in the town gift shops - wait for the market MEGA bargains to be had!
We had an amazing holiday at this hotel and resort and will definitely go back there. The only reason i did not rate it 5 star is because I would have liked to have been near a good beach and there weren't any.

Room Tip: Rooms at the side of the complex are quieter - request to not overlook road.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Vicki333
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Still waiting for reasonable response to complaint. Food was dreadful little choice, chicken twice in two weeks the only other meat was meatballs. No entertainment, electricty generator kept braking down which limited use of showers and most nights we were in total darkness. Thy ran out of white wine and soft drinks and only had vodka and gin on the all inclusive but ran out of gin

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays
2  Thank Jeanminikin
Nazlı N, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Victoria Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear guest, I would like to mention that we are very sorry because of the negativity you have experienced before. Our hotel operator has changed in January 2014 and was therefore having no connection with the previous negativity . In this new season with a new management approach We would be pleased to welcome You in our hotel again.